Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Canadiens pregame talk, also: Megna benched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Fyi ....

nhl revealed, featuring all-access looks at nhl stars including #pens captain sidney crosby, debuts tonight at 11pm @nbcsn. Who’s watching?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's a nice thought, but no way that's true.

Even when Megna was scoring a goal every 3 or 4 games with LIMITED ice time, it's like Bylsma was looking for excuses to not play him. I remember that Rangers game where he played a pretty good first period, then I inexplicably didn't see him again.

It's the same with Beau, and the same with Despres. The staff seems to have an incredibly high opinion of itself and the strategies they employ, and the second someone seems to stray (even though everyone else is playing just as badly or worse), they're the only ones who get punished.

I can't even remember the last time I was unexcited to watch the Pens play a team like the Habs, who I cannot stand. I'll watch it because I love hockey, but this team and its vanilla approach to literally EVERYTHING, as well as the media refusing to hold anyone accountable, has sapped all the passion out of me when it comes to Penguins hockey.

And this is coming from a guy who dumped a girl once because she dared make me choose watching Pens/Caps game 7 or going to some stupid movie with her.

What was the movie, Groundhog Day? Because I think we're watching that movie now with how the Pens organization does things.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Coaching staff rebuttal: But you can't hand these "kids" roster spots. They have to 110% earn it. The veterans, on the other hand, cannot play their way out of a roster spot. A call-up has to show they can they can out-produce a veteran's entire career production in only 16 games, playing under 10 minutes a night.

"They remind me of me. I can't scratch me!" - Dan Bylsma

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It's a nice thought, but no way that's true.

Even when Megna was scoring a goal every 3 or 4 games with LIMITED ice time, it's like Bylsma was looking for excuses to not play him. I remember that Rangers game where he played a pretty good first period, then I inexplicably didn't see him again.

It's the same with Beau, and the same with Despres. The staff seems to have an incredibly high opinion of itself and the strategies they employ, and the second someone seems to stray (even though everyone else is playing just as badly or worse), they're the only ones who get punished.

I can't even remember the last time I was unexcited to watch the Pens play a team like the Habs, who I cannot stand. I'll watch it because I love hockey, but this team and its vanilla approach to literally EVERYTHING, as well as the media refusing to hold anyone accountable, has sapped all the passion out of me when it comes to Penguins hockey.

And this is coming from a guy who dumped a girl once because she dared make me choose watching Pens/Caps game 7 or going to some stupid movie with her.

Maybe, but I saw a good excuse in Florida in that he didn't have much speed, which is about half of Megna's game. To me, coming off a knee injury, a speedster looking sluggish says he needs a bit more time. No reason to rush a guy back from an injury in January, when your team is 15 points ahead of the second place team in the division.

I don't like seeing Kobasew in the lineup (let alone with Sid) any more than anybody else, but Bennett, Dupuis, Ebbett, Connor, Gibbons and Vitale are unavailable and Megna, to me, didn't look healed in his limited minutes the other day.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Prepare to be crushed by the FEARSOME tandem of Bouillon and Murray.

...oh dear God why :cry:

At least that's your bottom pairing. Our pylons happen to play in a top four role, and log over 20 minutes a game.

Oh, and Chuck Kobasew is on the Pens' top line tonight. Chuck Kobasew. You might have to Google his name to figure out who he is since he hasn't been relevant in about 5 or 6 seasons.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Excellent. I can see tonight will be the battle to determine just who will win the Jack Adams. Exciting!

But really you guys only have one defensive line to worry about tonight in Markov and Subban. After that we have struggling Gorges paired with an AHL callup, and then the dreaded Mouillon. If your guys start clicking at any point, this could end in tears for us. But I hope not. Have a good, injury free game!

ColdStare

Jul 20, 2011
Johnstown
Excellent. I can see tonight will be the battle to determine just who will win the Jack Adams. Exciting!

But really you guys only have one defensive line to worry about tonight in Markov and Subban. After that we have struggling Gorges paired with an AHL callup, and then the dreaded Mouillon. If your guys start clicking at any point, this could end in tears for us. But I hope not. Have a good, injury free game!

No worries on your end. Our magnificent coach will make sure that Crosby's line is out on the ice every time against your top defensive pairing, even though we have last change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad