Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Canadiens pregame talk, also: Megna benched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly

No one missing as #Penguins practice about to start at Southpointe.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Going to try not to be surprised and hurt when Megna is benched for Ebbett.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I just posted this in the PGT but it should be mentioned again because its so bad.

Last time the pens got a goal from there bottom 6 was December 19th against Minnesota, i feel like that has to be some kind of record to go an entire month without a goal from your bottom 6 forwards.

I feel bad for Geno that he came back the same day as Letang.

I keep on hearing ever since Letang and Geno came back pens are...........

Letang is the real problem, Geno shouldn't get blamed just because he happened to come back the same game as Letang.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I just posted this in the PGT but it should be mentioned again because its so bad.

Last time the pens got a goal from there bottom 6 was December 19th against Minnesota, i feel like that has to be some kind of record to go an entire month without a goal from your bottom 6 forwards.

Letang is the real problem, Geno shouldn't get blamed just because he happened to come back the same game as Letang.

I know I am being annoying by being annoyed by PGH hockey media, but their tweets are all over that. Its all Geno's fault again, Unreal! (Especially MM, he cannot even pretend anymore)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
look...

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Actually, you're (Google translate or your terrible school system :laugh: ) not THAT far off.

Les Manchots (French for Penguins, "pingouins", the more similar word to its English counterpart actually refers to another variety of penguins. "pingouins" is the word everbody uses, but meh, just for fun, let's be more precise) contre les Habitants: notes (better user than "rapport", IMO, but "rapport", not "rapporter" which is the infinitive form of the verb and not a noun, works too) d'avant-match (that part is good). My English grammar isn't that great, so who am I to judge :laugh:

So: Les Manchots contre les Habitants, notes d'avant-match.

----

Back to the game: LET'S DESTROY THESE ****ERS! Price is on fire though, it should be a very tough one.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Actually, you're (Google translate or your terrible school system :laugh: ) not THAT far off.

Les Manchots (French for Penguins, "pingouins", the more similar word to its English counterpart actually refers to another variety of penguins. "pingouins" is the word everbody uses, but meh, just for fun, let's be more precise) contre les Habitants: notes (better user than "rapport", IMO, but "rapport", not "rapporter" which is the infinitive form of the verb and not a noun, would work to) d'avant-match (that part is good).

So: Les Manchots contre les Habitants, notes d'avant-match.

----

Back to the game: LET'S DESTROY THESE ****ERS! Price is on fire though, it should be a very tough one.

You don't say "Penguins" since it's a proper noun?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You don't say "Penguins" since it's a proper noun?

When talking about the team, yes. We pronounce it like we would pronounce the common noun "pingouins" (at least, most people do), though. But if you talk about the bird, the correct word is "manchot" but nobody uses it - the difference between "pingouins" and "manchots" is unclear to me, but the bird refered to as a "penguin" in English is a "manchot" in French, that's all I know. I brought it up for fun.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009

Pyatt scored just a few games ago

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Kobasew working on Crosby's line at #Penguins practice.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
When talking about the team, yes. We pronounce it like we would pronounce the common noun "pingouins" (at least, most people do), though. But if you talk about the bird, the correct word is "manchot" but nobody uses it - the difference between "pingouins" and "manchots" is unclear to me, but the bird refered to as a "penguin" in English is a "manchot" in French, that's all I know. I brought it up for fun.

ahh, okay, thanks :D

I'm going to have a productive day after all. Skating lessons from Jiggy and French with JS#1F

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Manchot would be a terrible nickname to get behind. Especially for this testerone-induced bunch in here. Man-chaud...hot man. No thank you. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that! :laugh:

I really hope we beat the Habs, but we usually don't play well against them. Crosby usually is fairly ordinary against them. Subban and Markov are expected to play on the same unit tonight. That should mean Malkin will get a heavy dose of future Olympic teammate Alexei Emelin.

Habs are reeling, I really don't want to be the team that wakes them from their slumber.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
im curious what the penguins man games lost would look like if adjusted for vokoun and all the ahlers that got hurt

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Kobasew working on Crosby's line at #Penguins practice.

**** off, Bylsma. Seriously, **** OFF!

Between this kind of thing, the Despres debacle, and his love affair with Gladams, this idiot makes watching the Penguins more frustrating than it is fun. :shakehead

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Kobasew was brutal last night. It has to have to do with Megna needing some easying into the lineup. Because it cant possible be performance based.

Maybe they are saying that this is your last shot, perform or youll get waived when the lineup is healthy? I knoe hes a veteran so there is a bigger chance Megne geting sent down than kobasew waived, but one can wish, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad