GDT: Penguins Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am too. I seriously am. But I want more Candid talk about the other issues and that he's been focused on fixing it. With the arrogant af coaches we get in Pittsburgh sports, you can imagine my disdain when that stuff isn't discussed by the coaches and then you see why. The play the right way bs. The tomlins, Bylsmas, and last 2yrs, Sully. I more than anything, want to like the guy as much as I did the day he was hired and made coach later.

I'd settle for Sully just showing a little humility as a coach.

An outright pronouncement thereof isn't going to happen.

Reactions: John Titor

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It's cool you want to rest on those laurels but it's a game of trying to win as often as possible and making adjustments and improvements. Being stubborn and ****ty the last 2yrs does not make it excusable for the last 2yrs because of back to back cups.

If you believe they havent made adjustments the last two seasons, i just dont know what to tell you.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is why people think we're arrogant *******s.

You must not have been a fan in the 70s and 80s.

No, I’m not baby boomer although it would make sense if all the super annoyingly pessimistic posters were. I think other fans think Pittsburgh fans are arrogant because they piss and moan despite having so much to be content about. But I also don’t care about what fans think so

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It's cool you want to rest on those laurels but it's a game of trying to win as often as possible and making adjustments and improvements. Being stubborn and ****ty the last 2yrs does not make it excusable for the last 2yrs because of back to back cups.
I don't want to rest on those laurels, I'm just pointing out that the dramatic negativity is ironic in light of those Cups. Though I do enjoy a lot of the tongue in cheek stuff.

I mean, I posted 2 major adjustments/improvements that they're working on and it's met with "but but but." :laugh:

You guys do you. Post what you believe. Hell, the negative stuff could end up being right, and tempering expectations could be smart. I'm just saying that if negativity is always the first thing that comes to mind, and it's habitual, you all are going to miss out on a ton of enjoyment. There are always weaknesses and things we don't like. Every team has them. Don't stew and let them dominate your thoughts, while not fully appreciating the good.

And that concludes my convoluted motivational post of the day. :sarcasm:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Sully's always talked about giving the PP latitude tbf.

Incidentally, since everyone else seems excited and optimistic, I'm going to start treating this as the signs of an impending disaster.
that's jaded's job...... don't need two.:laugh:

Reactions: Peat

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't want to rest on those laurels, I'm just pointing out that the dramatic negativity is ironic in light of those Cups. Though I do enjoy a lot of the tongue in cheek stuff.

I mean, I posted 2 major adjustments/improvements that they're working on and it's met with "but but but." :laugh:

You guys do you. Post what you believe. Hell, the negative stuff could end up being right, and tempering expectations could be smart. I'm just saying that if negativity is always the first thing that comes to mind, and it's habitual, you all are going to miss out on a ton of enjoyment. There are always weaknesses and things we don't like. Every team has them. Don't stew and let them dominate your thoughts, while not fully appreciating the good.

And that concludes my convoluted motivational post of the day. :sarcasm:
Dude I get it. But if we all agreed and felt the same about everything. We'd be a boring ass bunch.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No, I’m not baby boomer although it would make sense if all the super annoyingly pessimistic posters were. I think other fans think Pittsburgh fans are arrogant because they piss and moan despite having so much to be content about. But I also don’t care about what fans think so
I'm not a baby boomer either. But I don't act like we're lucky this or that happened so when dumb shit happens 2yrs in a row, it makes it excusable. It's a results driven business. Results have been shit for 2yrs. If it's 3, time for a new bench boss.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I'm not a baby boomer either. But I don't act like we're lucky this or that happened so when dumb **** happens 2yrs in a row, it makes it excusable. It's a results driven business. Results have been **** for 2yrs. If it's 3, time for a new bench boss.
What is an acceptable result?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not a baby boomer either. But I don't act like we're lucky this or that happened so when dumb **** happens 2yrs in a row, it makes it excusable. It's a results driven business. Results have been **** for 2yrs. If it's 3, time for a new bench boss.

I have a different definition of **** than you do. Last year was a big disappointment, no doubt and they made roster changes and sounds like Sully has a different focus this year. The year before? They took the Cup champions to 6 games despite being mentally exhausted after back 2 back Cup wins. That was hardly ****

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I have a different definition of **** than you do. Last year was a big disappointment, no doubt and they made roster changes and sounds like Sully has a different focus this year. The year before? They took the Cup champions to 6 games despite being mentally exhausted after back 2 back Cup wins. That was hardly ****

And with a couple of critical injuries that could've tipped the scale the other way . . .

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I will enjoy. Just saying "ADAPT AND ADJUST" doesn't mean anything unless you can specifically point out examples of where they didn't do so and what needs to be done differently.
The line up choices and combinations were not great and seemed like they were letting players dictate it over what they wanted and at times pushed pairings that shouldn't have happened, the defense and forwards were not supporting each other during the transition or even defensive zone coverage, idiotic dump ins vs teams that knew our game plan and planned for it and the Pens did their stick to-it-iveness bs and got owned in those games, sloppy defense and neutral zone play, gave me Bylsma nightmares.

Etc.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
My buddy interacted with Sully some last night. Said he was a real nice guy. They talked about the rosters being so lopsided for the game. Sully said something to the affect “They’ve got their top players and I’ve got my bottom guys. Watch my guys play their asses off...there’s cuts coming up”

Just figured I’d share.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My buddy interacted with Sully some last night. Said he was a real nice guy. They talked about the rosters being so lopsided for the game. Sully said something to the affect “They’ve got their top players and I’ve got my bottom guys. Watch my guys play their asses off...there’s cuts coming up”

Just figured I’d share.

Did your buddy remember to ask Sully to never play Jack Johnson? Asking for a friend . . .

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Just figured I’d share.

As long as the talent is there (and they care enough) -- with the cuts being the motivation.
-or- as it is traditionally called, getting thrown to the wolves.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

So why did you bring up being a fan in the 70’s? :laugh:

Again, you were calling for the coaches head after not threepeating and losing to the eventual champs. You are aware that there are 31 teams and a repeat title has not happened in the Cap Era? So how are we not lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad