GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
My only wish for today is puck possession for 3rd or 4th line. They could use a good board player with some speed.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I want to see if there was some truth to the Jeffrey for Pyatt rumor that TIOPS reported. I know people don't trust them, but Pyatt's a pretty good depth center.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I want to see if there was some truth to the Jeffrey for Pyatt rumor that TIOPS reported. I know people don't trust them, but Pyatt's a pretty good depth center.

Saw a lot of him in Montreal a few years ago and he does his job very well, great skater and solid PKer. I believe he was on the Habs that beat the Pens back in 2010

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think a tremendous move for us would be to obtain Adam Hall off waivers and trade/waive Glass.

Then you make a line of. K-Hall-Adams. With Vitale the next in line. Hall is great with faceoffs and PKs rather well IIRC. Gives the 4th energy and a little skill.

Anything to get Glass off the ice. Even a TK-Vitale-Adams line would suit

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
One player I want to eventually become a Penguin is Mathias from Florida. That guy IS Penguins hockey. He'd be damn good here.

Keep dreaming, but yah that would be good. Unless Tallon has a major brain cramp, that kid isn't going anywhere. Not sure where he'd slot in though. He's seems like overkill to be a 4C (unless we get him some real wingers too and not pieces of crap like Glass / Adams / Kennedy), and he's not taking Sutter's job.

Bennett - Matthias - Vitale could be pretty lethal for a 4th line.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Keep dreaming, but yah that would be good. Unless Tallon has a major brain cramp, that kid isn't going anywhere. Not sure where he'd slot in though. He's seems like overkill to be a 4C (unless we get him some real wingers too and not pieces of crap like Glass / Adams / Kennedy), and he's not taking Sutter's job.

Bennett - Matthias - Vitale could be pretty lethal for a 4th line.

Not happening.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think a tremendous move for us would be to obtain Adam Hall off waivers and trade/waive Glass.

Then you make a line of. K-Hall-Adams. With Vitale the next in line. Hall is great with faceoffs and PKs rather well IIRC. Gives the 4th energy and a little skill.

Didn't Adam Hall get claimed by The Canes and then traded back to Tampa Bay yesterday?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Any combination of Adams, Jeffrey, Vitale, Bennett and TK would upgrade our 4th line. Every single one. They are all just better at hockey than Glass is.

Didn't Adam Hall get claimed by The Canes and then traded back to Tampa Bay yesterday?

and then immediately waived.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I think he's been pretty good so far too, Cole. And he's going to be a pain in the playoffs over a 7 game series. The more guys like that you have, the better.

It's just predictable how everyone here goes overboard following a loss (to end the 2nd longest winning streak in the NHL, mind you). Fairweather is too kind a word, sometimes.

Or perhaps some of us who did not feel god about Morrow to begin with see with us the same player who was mediocre for Dallas, and think him not needed... or worse yet believe that in getting him, what will really be accomplished by dealing Joe Morrow will be that Bennett does not play in the playoffs.

The problem with Morrow isn't that he looks BAD. He doesn't. To me the problem is that he looks very meh! I see him battle, but I don't see him winning him battles. Again, that will hopefully change. Early days and all. Anyway. No biggie in the greater scheme if things.

namsnoodle

Feb 27, 2013
I don't expect Shero to make another trade. Though I do think bottom 6 depth could be a plus.

Well it's being mentioned that they may look to make one more move. If that is actually the case, I hope Glass gets traded in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese