Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
don_cherry1.jpg

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
Some of us might be getting to caught up in a fantasy hockey type mentality. I don't think Shero is just going to cap dump a long-tenured, heart and soul guy like Orpik. There are other considerations besides harsh cap logic.

That said, I think he's clearly going to make a legitimate run at Iginla too. So some hard decisions will have to be made.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Nobody wants to talk about Forsberg being traded? Remember the best foward ever that shero refused to draft? Traded for martin erat lol.

Sounds like bust potential is growing.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Nobody wants to talk about Forsberg being traded? Remember the best foward ever that shero refused to draft? Traded for martin erat lol.

Sounds like bust potential is growing.

Projected over 82 games, Erat averaged 64 and 67 points over the last 2 seasons. If he wasn't playing for such a defensively-oriented and offensively-challenged team, those easily could have been 70 & 75 point seasons (at least). Nothing exactly to sneeze at.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
Projected over 82 games, Erat averaged 64 and 67 points over the last 2 seasons. If he wasn't playing for such a defensively-oriented and offensively-challenged team, those easily could have been 70 & 75 point seasons (at least). Nothing exactly to sneeze at.

While being traded for Erat — who is somewhat underrated because everyone in Nashville gets underrated — doesn't indicate Forsberg has a one-way ticket to bust-ville, this trade did jump out at me because of how passionate some in here were on on draft day and the days and weeks and months since. If we had traded Pulliot strait up for Erat, people in here would have been screaming for Shero's head and claiming that it would be an admission of a draft day mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad