GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Since we're splitting up the Trade Deadline discussion between the rest of the league and THE EVIL SHERO EMPIRE, we need a second thread. In here you'll find all of the Penguins past moves as well as rumors of their future conquests.

March 24th:

Pittsburgh receives: F Brenden Morrow, 3rd-round pick (2013)
Dallas receives: D Joe Morrow, 5th-round pick (2013)

March 25th:

Pittsburgh receives: D Douglas Murray
San Jose receives: 2nd-round pick (2013), conditional 2nd-round pick (2014)

March 28th

Pittsburgh receives: F Jarome Iginla
Calgary receives: F Ken Agostino, F Ben Hanowski, 1st-round pick (2013)

April 3rd

Pittsburgh receives F Jussi Jokinen
Carolina receives conditional 7th-round pick, Carolina retains salary

If Jokinen plays 25 per cent of PIT 2013 playoff games AND PIT goes to Cup final, CAR gets 7th round pick from PIT. #tradecentre
If Jokinen plays 50 per cent of PIT 2013 playoff games AND PIT wins the CUP, CAR gets a 6th round pick from PIT. #tradecentre
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/319506531907424256

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah and if a deal is made inevitably someone has to go on the roster unless Crosby goes to IR right?

for like a day. Here's a plausible scenario:

Finish tonight's game, send Despres down, make trades, call Despres up tomorrow night after roster cap lifted.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This thread is not necessary IMO. We can talk about the Pens in the main Crafton thread just like always, and all the other teams in your GDT Deadline thread.

Going to close it unless someone can explain why it's no good talking about Pens news in the Crafton thread. Everyone is constantly posting the Trib's BS tweets, TIOPS, etc over there anyway. So why this thread? What's different about it?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This thread is not necessary IMO. We can talk about the Pens in the main Crafton thread just like always, and all the other teams in your GDT Deadline thread.

Going to close it unless someone can explain why it's no good talking about Pens news in the Crafton thread. Everyone is constantly posting the Trib's BS tweets, TIOPS, etc over there anyway. So why this thread? What's different about it?

The Crafton thread is locked and I'm following orders from Cole.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yah not sure why that is (just saw it after you mentioned it). I'll confer with the other Mods and see what the plan is. Maybe I missed something earlier today. Until then continue on, soldier.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's truly just my opinion but I think any time is an odd time to be wondering if there's one too many threads about something around here. Early in the year there were 3 different threads where the main topic was winger acquisitions.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
No idea why Vitale isn't in there. You need a 4th line depth guy that is good at faceoffs and can score every once in a while? Hello McFly?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Kennedy scores a hat trick tonight, is packaged with Bortuzzo and Glass in the morning and Colorado sends us their 1st. That's my "HFB Deadline Dream" for 2013. Nowhere is the lack of logic more at home than NHL Deadline day here at HFB. HFB... **** YAH!

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maybe you should start builiding trenches, doesn't look good for you. ;)

Whatever the mods decide on, I'm cool with. I don't chicks and dolla bills for making these threads (as far as I know). We can shoot the **** wherever the thread is. yoyoyo.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Any interest in Stephane Robidas?

Well we would surely get him a lot cheaper than what we paid for morrow and Murray, Considering what guys are going for now. Not saying we made our moves too early , because we had to outbid others to get the guys we want....just saying.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Any interest in Stephane Robidas?

he's a tough-cookie. he's been talked about in the TDL threads for a while. he'd make a good partner for Letang. don't think we can handle the fact that he has two years left. with the way Nieuwendyk is going we could probably have him for Ulfie Jr. and 4th. :laugh:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm still holding out hopes that they get Tanguay.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Tanguay-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow
Adams-Vitale-TK

Malkins line needs speed... badly needs speed.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm still holding out hopes that they get Tanguay.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Tanguay-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow
Adams-Vitale-TK

Malkins line needs speed... badly needs speed.

????

SCJ09_12d.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I think Shero has a thing or two left up his sleeve. Wouldn't surprise me if he was active tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->