Speculation: Penguins to get new jerseys for 2016-2017 season (starting with home playoff games)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I love the Stars jerseys. I am on the fence about the logo, but they're clean and the green is great.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I actually like those ones.

All they did was change over to the black and gold.

Totally different from these and not even the same logo.

Sidney-Crosby-Pittsburgh-Penguins-2011-Winter-Classic-Premier-Youth-Replica-Jersey-(PRINTED-TWILL)-9573_a1xl.jpg

Doesn't matter.. It's the navy blue.. Most Pens fans associate navy blue with Crosby getting Steckeled and losing the WC at Heinz.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Doesn't matter.. It's the navy blue.. Most Pens fans associate navy blue with Crosby getting Steckeled and losing the WC at Heinz.

Most fans are morons and are easily swayed by the herd. :laugh: However the wind blows in the media is how the fans are gonna go, just like in Stiller Nation.

Older fans might remember more than a few years ago anyway. :dunno:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I like the colours, so it's a shame there most likely won't be a nice jersey done from them. That jersey is okay, though. Not great and it's forgettable, but I don't hate it.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I still like the baby blues personally. But let's just make up a new 3rd next year. No more throw backs

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Dallas's jersey design and choice of color are fantastic but the logo is...not good, IMO. looks very slapdash.
It's been done....they were called the Hartford Whalers. :shakehead

What's the new Pens' jerseys supposed to look like?

Using the 'thirds' but with a white/road version?

What about these? :)
http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/cbjBucks61/media/PITRF_zps47db8c4f.png.html

These weren't bad if using the gold yellow rather than vegas gold?
http://www.rarevintagewear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/1213-pit14ss-back.png

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I almost forgot Errey was an alternate captain. And look how ****ing pleased he is with himself in that shot! :laugh:

I've been on a Father Ted kick recently and Errey reminds me of a Canadian version of Dougal.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That picture is by far my favorite 2 Pens jerseys. I ****ing love them. I prefer the actual 92 ones where the yellow line isn't so high as the picture above.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah I thought the Pens had already made the white jerseys. I can't imagine the new away jerseys to being any different than those ones.

The only thing I don't like about those jerseys/would change about those jerseys is add more black at the bottom. I don't like the yellow, thin black strip, thick white strip and think yellow strip. I'd rather it be thick yellow, thick black and then thin yellow or at least shrink the white and add more black. I would rather see the bottoms of the jerseys be more like these jerseys

Wholeslae-1992-95-Robo-Penguin-Jerseys-71-Evgeni-Malkin-Jersey-White-Orange-Throwback-Vintage-Stitched-Men.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah I thought the Pens had already made the white jerseys. I can't imagine the new away jerseys to being any different than those ones.

The only thing I don't like about those jerseys/would change about those jerseys is add more black at the bottom. I don't like the yellow, thin black strip, thick white strip and think yellow strip. I'd rather it be thick yellow, thick black and then thin yellow or at least shrink the white and add more black.

Yeah, on those ones I think I'd actually just get rid of the thin yellow stripe.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Never even noticed the yellow stripe around the waist. Yeah, it doesn't look like it belongs, and it's just kinda floating there. :laugh: Make the black stripe thicker and eliminate the yellow stripe, and I think you're good to go.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

I'm one of those fans. Crosby was also wearing Blues when he took a puck to the mouth during Iginla's first game here. Those jerseys are absolutely cursed.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe I'm wrong. I just dont remember the yellow line being that thin... but then I was wrong looking at pictures.

1991%20Conference%20Finals__027.jpg

I thought it would be thicker like the 80s version...

Pittsburgh-Penguins-White-Jersey-1980-1983.jpg

Whatever the case, it looks slightly wrong on Mario's camp jersey. That's such a minimal fuss, but I LOVE that jersey. One of my all-time favorites. I am so pumped they are going to that jersey. They should never change. Never. Just add 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad