Speculation: Penguins to get new jerseys for 2016-2017 season (starting with home playoff games)

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I am a fan of any obnoxious gold jerseys. Wanna grab me one of the Kings ones, Preds ones, and the gold primary old jerseys that Mario was wearing in that picture on this page in the thread. Can't have too much gold.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Just to be clear, everyone agrees the Kings are wasting the best jerseys in sports by not wearing their purple and yellows as their standard uniforms, right?

P10-04-12_11-37.jpg

Untitled31.jpg

Not sure why, but those jerseys are simply titillating. Maybe it's because I'm remembering my youth, watching Marcel Dionne or Bernie Nicholls wear those sweet jerseys. Or maybe it's because I imagine a young Janet Jones coming over and giving me soft kisses....

janet_jones_gretzky2.jpg

Not sure which is the reason

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I'm pretty weird when it comes to what jerseys I like. I have hated the vegas gold ones since day one. Not a fan of the powder blues. I am one of the few that like the 2011 ones (have a Letang one). After the late 80's/early 90's jerseys (Cup years) these are my fave Pens jerseys:
sandersonPIT.jpg

I've never met anyone else that liked them. The white ones are even better looking.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I love bold colors with simple designs and a great logo. Dallas homes might be my current favorite jersey.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
I'm pretty weird when it comes to what jerseys I like. I have hated the vegas gold ones since day one. Not a fan of the powder blues. I am one of the few that like the 2011 ones (have a Letang one). After the late 80's/early 90's jerseys (Cup years) these are my fave Pens jerseys:
sandersonPIT.jpg

I've never met anyone else that liked them. The white ones are even better looking.

The Crosby injury and our playoff disasters during that throwback wearing era killed anything positive about those jerseys.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
sandersonPIT.jpg

I can agree. Those keep the same template, but use a dark blue. I like 'em.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I love bold colors with simple designs and a great logo. Dallas homes might be my current favorite jersey.

I'm in the same boat. That's what drove me crazy about the mid/late 90s and early 00s - everything was losing color and becoming too dark. Black and red focus group the best, and that's what we got...no worse offender of that than Buffalo going from royal blue & yellow to black & red with a logo that didn't have a goddamned thing to do with the team name.

Colors are good. Colors differentiate. Colors pop. I desire a league where red teams will wear their red jerseys against blue teams wearing their blue jerseys. One of my favorite football games of the year is UCLA vs. USC, simply because of how gorgeous those uniforms look on the same field (well, was until Adidas ****ed up the UCLA look last year).
Duarte2.jpeg

The only issue I have with gold jerseys is that, like when the Kings wore them, they should be a road 'light' color. White vs. yellow never looks as good as black/dark color vs. yellow. This isn't me saying we shouldn't wear black, we're a team where black simply makes sense (a hell of a lot more than blue ever did), just that half of the league should wear black like it was around the turn of the millennium.

For the record I don't like any of the Kings' post-chevron jerseys. The chevrons worked oddly well, but I'm all about the purple & gold era for reasons that should be obvious by now. Purple is too dark to compliment black.

Anyway, I really want to hope that we do get a gold alternate, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being next year since we'll be getting new whites. Introduce a new road white and a colored alternate at the same time and the road white will barely sell anything. Stagger the releases and you'll see a lot more white jerseys sell next year. I'll probably buy one since I already have two of the black & golds (current Maatta and throwback Lemieux).

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Dallas's jersey design and choice of color are fantastic but the logo is...not good, IMO. looks very slapdash.

Yeah, the logo isnt good but it's a weird team name to try and design a logo around. Idk if their logo has ever been more than "oh, at least you tried." I really like the colour they use, though.

The Flyers have a nice jersey and it's a good orange.

The mostly burgundy Avs jerseys are dull as ****.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Dallas's jersey design and choice of color are fantastic but the logo is...not good, IMO. looks very slapdash.

I like the logo. It's certainly not iconic or anything, but it's fitting for "the big D" and a team called the Stars. It fits nicely on the jersey. In their case, I really just love the green and the pop of the stripes. This sort of contradicts my last post, but the rest of that jersey is so nice you could drop a pile of **** for a logo and I'd still like it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I find those to be hideous, tbh. I don't think bright yellow makes for a good primary color on a jersey. The reason our Home/3rds look so good is because they are primarily black, with Pittsburgh Gold and white accents.

eh, I disagree. I think Nashville has one of the nicest unis in the league.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nope, I also believe the best kings jerseys were the ones that were primarily black, with purple and grey accents. However, in this case I'm biased that template was what my high school hockey team used.

Reebok_EDGE_Los_Angeles_Kings_Wayne_Gretzky_Black_Third_Authentic_With_2012_Stanley_Cup_Champions_Patch_Jersey.jpg

The logo could be better, but these are my favorite Kings jerseys.

I like those too. Well, except for the Los Angeles writing. I just hate that they completely got rid of purple in their primary jerseys now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Dallas is easily my favorite uniform set in the league. The logo is mediocre, but the rest just looks so nice. I think their whites are actually my favorite.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Yeah, the logo isnt good but it's a weird team name to try and design a logo around. Idk if their logo has ever been more than "oh, at least you tried." I really like the colour they use, though.

The Flyers have a nice jersey and it's a good orange.

The mostly burgundy Avs jerseys are dull as ****.

I like the Flyers orange but my only issue with that jersey is the odd name plate on the back. I really dislike that. Makes it look like some kind of last second tape job to put a new guy's name on the back.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I like the Flyers orange but my only issue with that jersey is the odd name plate on the back. I really dislike that. Makes it look like some kind of last second tape job to put a new guy's name on the back.

Yeah those name plates are terrible.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
I'm in the same boat. That's what drove me crazy about the mid/late 90s and early 00s - everything was losing color and becoming too dark. Black and red focus group the best, and that's what we got...no worse offender of that than Buffalo going from royal blue & yellow to black & red with a logo that didn't have a goddamned thing to do with the team name.

Colors are good. Colors differentiate. Colors pop. I desire a league where red teams will wear their red jerseys against blue teams wearing their blue jerseys. One of my favorite football games of the year is UCLA vs. USC, simply because of how gorgeous those uniforms look on the same field (well, was until Adidas ****ed up the UCLA look last year).
Duarte2.jpeg

The only issue I have with gold jerseys is that, like when the Kings wore them, they should be a road 'light' color. White vs. yellow never looks as good as black/dark color vs. yellow. This isn't me saying we shouldn't wear black, we're a team where black simply makes sense (a hell of a lot more than blue ever did), just that half of the league should wear black like it was around the turn of the millennium.

This 100%. Really wish the standard was for each team to have two colored jerseys and a third white in case the colors are too similar or to avoid issues with colorblind people.

Back when TVs were black and white it made sense to have sports teams wear either white or dark jerseys but there's no reason to keep doing that. Colors pop and few teams actually have white or black as a primary color, so if the colors are distinct then put them out there.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Duarte2.jpeg

For the record I don't like any of the Kings' post-chevron jerseys. The chevrons worked oddly well, but I'm all about the purple & gold era for reasons that should be obvious by now. Purple is too dark to compliment black.

Anyway, I really want to hope that we do get a gold alternate, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it being next year since we'll be getting new whites. Introduce a new road white and a colored alternate at the same time and the road white will barely sell anything. Stagger the releases and you'll see a lot more white jerseys sell next year. I'll probably buy one since I already have two of the black & golds (current Maatta and throwback Lemieux).

I endorse this post. It would be really cool to see two colored jerseys in a game.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
sandersonPIT.jpg

Looks like he's wearing a jacket rather then a jersey to me, but i'm ok with them.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
sandersonPIT.jpg

I actually like those ones.

All they did was change over to the black and gold.

The Crosby injury and our playoff disasters during that throwback wearing era killed anything positive about those jerseys.

Totally different from these and not even the same logo.

Sidney-Crosby-Pittsburgh-Penguins-2011-Winter-Classic-Premier-Youth-Replica-Jersey-(PRINTED-TWILL)-9573_a1xl.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad