Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Cody Ceci, 1 Year $1.25M AAV

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I like how you think this makes you look any less unhinged.

But yes, me saying "it's too small of a deal and too expected for me to freak out about, even though I'm not crazy about Ceci as a player" is totally more ridiculous than you screeching like a child. Gotcha.

Like I said, whiners.

Nobody is screeching like a child. You’ve pretty much spelled out you’ve never watched Ceci.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
yes, when the GM makes bad decisions we get annoyed about it. that's just cheering for a sports team.

Weird for a guy with 52,000 posts on a hockey forum to be confused why people are having a big reaction to a signing that the hockey world is laughing at us for

It's a f***ing #6 D :laugh:

Like I can understand the reaction if they have Ceci money, term or a significant role, but this is literally nothing. If he sucks, they let him walk after the year and the experiment is a failure. Oh well. If a #6D sinks your team, your team isn't a legitimate contender anyway.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Because he’s below average and was unnecessary to sign. We have 7 better defenseman already
1 yr @1.25 mill for an experienced player who’s sole job was playing tough defensive minutes and killing penalties isn’t that bad...... of course his analytics are gonna look bad, he’s not some elite stud. But as a bottom pair D he’s really not that bad.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It's one single year... 1.25m. The guy is mostly able to be waived. This is one single year. If Jack Johnson was 1 year, I would have said the same thing instead of the 30 year contract he was given.

One single year is risk free. Let's hope for a turnaround. That's all.

This is a bad JR trend of late. It doesn’t make us better. It helps us miss the playoffs.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Why the everliving shit should anyone be like... pleased... that this team just signed easily one of the biggest clownshow defensemen in the entire league after JUST getting out from the undisputed champ of that category? Like seriously just say "hey whatever it's a one year deal and I hope it works out I will personally wait and see" and move on. Don't try to like... berate people for this one. Perfectly understandable to be mad when someone shits in your punch bowl.

Reactions: Gurglesons

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
It's one single year... 1.25m. The guy is mostly able to be waived. This is one single year. If Jack Johnson was 1 year, I would have said the same thing instead of the 30 year contract he was given.

Have we already forgotten what a liability Johnson was? If JJ was signed for one year 1.25 it still would have been a terrible and costly move.

Do we seriously seriously believe that this guy is destined for the waiver wire? The guy has Johnson's knack for making coaches trust him in big minutes. Even the analytics minded Maple Leafs had him with Rielly most of the season.

Matheson needed someone reliable to play with and instead we gave him JJ lite.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Off HF for a couple of days. Logged in to see what JR was up to . . .

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
1 yr @1.25 mill for an experienced player who’s sole job was playing tough defensive minutes and killing penalties isn’t that bad...... of course his analytics are gonna look bad, he’s not some elite stud. But as a bottom pair D he’s really not that bad.

When you have 7 better defenders and your bottom 6 forward group needs work it’s a really stupid move. Those stupid moves are piling up

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Why the Ottawa Senators Need to Move On From Cody Ceci

The quintessential “ Penguins liked the guys potential years ago and think they can salvage him” signing... the above link has the best description of his flaws and potential as I could find... lol always trying for that home run from the pitcher position with these signings..

the only issue I have is that he is a great character guy with enigmatic play, which ALWAYS leads to coaches overplaying them as soon as they have a few good games and not stopping When they are clearly in over their heads......

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On another note: f*** the name Cody and f*** parents who name their child Cody.

Cody is the name of a dog wearing a bandana. I'm gonna call Ceci Puddles.

Hey hey, my my
Rutherford's dinosaur fetish can never die
There's no more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, JR's stupidity . . . I wanna cry

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
It's a f***ing #6 D :laugh:

Like I can understand the reaction if they have Ceci money, term or a significant role, but this is literally nothing. If he sucks, they let him walk after the year and the experiment is a failure. Oh well. If a #6D sinks your team, your team isn't a legitimate contender anyway.
I... did you not watch Johnson for the past two years? He was signed as a f***ing #6, and guys like you constantly assured everyone that a bottom pairing defenceman couldn't possibly hurt a team in a significant way.

Letang gets hurt. Marino gets hurt. Ceci ends up in the top four. It's not rocket science. Do you really really trust this team - which scratched Johnson like twice and kept him in for the entire first round - to evaluate a defenceman well enough to be able to tell if he sucks?

This team can't afford more unforced errors, and Ceci is an unforced error.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let’s hope Reirden isn’t a tool and will convince Sully to scratch him (anything I need to tell myself to feel better....)

Reactions: DRAGO 18

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

It is not a crippling contract I agree.

It is low reward, low risk. Bland and useless... and Ceci sucks.

I am not angry, but I dislike the move.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It is not a crippling contract I agree.

It is low reward, low risk. Bland and useless... and Ceci sucks.

I am not angry, but I dislike the move.

If you're taking a flyer, you pay him the minimum, so you can bury him in the minors if-- or more likely when-- it blows up in your face.

And either way, I still ******** blame @ColePens for this.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad