Confirmed with Link: Penguins Sign Cody Ceci, 1 Year $1.25M AAV

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

funny-gif-girl-party-mad-breaking-things.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is just a really, really unnecessary and completely unforced error. All you had to do was just hold on to that space and wait.

The whole idea of being optimistic was that there were no REAL bad options for Sullivan to hang himself with after JJ was bought out. Welp...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Counting on Matheson to cover for Ceci when they're both coming off of lousy...multiple seasons...I just can't with this damn roster make-up.

Stop treating bad right-handed defensemen like LOOGYs. Ceci f***ing sucks and now we're scratching cap space we don't have with this many damn spare defensemen.

Ceci is a disaster. f*** Cody Ceci and f*** bringing him onto this roster. Stop signing bad players.

I expect us to be a bubble team with an outside shot of a playoff run, but not if we never learn any damn lessons as to why we failed before. We don't have a 1st round pick, maybe don't sign tank commanders.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
Sens fan coming in peace as I was wondering what the reaction would be.

Obviously there's not risk with a 1-year contract at next to nothing money, BUT Cody Ceci is a disastrous liability that isn't good enough to play even bottom-pairing minutes in the NHL. I pray for your sake that he sees next to zero NHL ice-time. He's worse than you can even imagine.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Obviously there's not risk with a 1-year contract at next to nothing money, BUT Cody Ceci is a disastrous liability that isn't good enough to play even bottom-pairing minutes in the NHL. I pray for your sake that he sees next to zero NHL ice-time. He's worse than you can even imagine.

And just about everyone knows it too. Someone needs to ask if JR wants a coke.

984dd115bbccc337f195ae4ccc8f9653--kid-books-childrens-books.jpg

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Hamurai

Jun 19, 2019
Pittsburgh
I like this strategy of having every first rounder from the 2012 draft play for the pens at some point. They should at least try for some of the good ones.

Edit: was also thinking aberg but I guess he was 2nd round that year. Still 7 current or former players.

Reactions: domaug

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Garbage signing and will just take a roster spot from Riikola which makes it worse.
We just got rid of a garbage d man ffs!

Reactions: Lustaf

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He didn’t work as a top 4 shutdown guy, that’s for sure. Maybe with reduced minutes and less pressure, he might be ok. It wouldn’t shock me if you guys hate him ten games in though.

He was definitely a whipping boy in Ottawa, and I was thrilled when he left.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wanting the team to make smart decisions and not spend every ounce of the leftover cap on a player that has played games and sucked for multiple years is acting like a 5 year old child.

Like, this deal makes literally no sense and once again ties an anchor onto our D that will be played top four minutes. But, I mean I’ve been so wrong about these deals in the past and you have been so right. Hunwick and JJ were just bottom pairing signings that weren’t a big deal either, eh?

No freaking out like JR shot your cat is is the part of you being a 5-year-old. I have no issue with people saying this is a bad signing but chill the f*** out. People freaking out over this small deal sound completely unhinged.

You can try to rationalize it anyway you want but you come off as completely unhinged in this. Absolute lunacy.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

We employed Jack Johnson the past two seasons, we absolutely can imagine how bad Cody Ceci will be. Ceci is better than Johnson and that's pretty inarguable. He's still f***ing terrible and I laughed uproariously when Toronto actually paid an asset and signed him last year.

"At least" he's cheap and there's no term, but a replacement level player making over a million is never a smart move.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
i wonder if JR knows it wasn’t just JJ’s caphit that was asscheeks.....

i would rather see what Daley’s up to nowadays than have Ceci on this team

Reactions: domaug

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I like how they managed to actually pay this skating dumpster fire even more than NY paid JJ. Nice.

WTF is with this team? Is there some kind of rule they instituted indicating they have to carry at least one absolutely irredeemable defenseman that the dipshit coach is guaranteed to glom onto or something?

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
At least it's only 1 year. The RHD makes sense, but Ceci isn't an upgrade, and signing Riikola make no sense if we keep adding defensemen. Whatever. It will work itself out.

Reactions: Lustaf

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No freaking out like JR shot your cat is is the part of you being a 5-year-old. I have no issue with people saying this is a bad signing but chill the f*** out. People freaking out over this small deal sound completely unhinged.

You can try to rationalize it anyway you want but you come off as completely unhinged in this. Absolute lunacy.

I’m pretty chill. This signing just legitimately destroys our chance of being good next season if Ceci and Matheson are both regulars in our roster.

If we had a 1st, I’d find some positive light.

There is honestly no way this turns out well and it craters every good move we made on our blue line this off season. Which coincidentally makes anything positive about the forwards mean nothing because we’ve simply musical chaired our anchor to Ceci not JJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad