Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Ploff time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, internet says Mrs Ovie's dad is a businessman.

I mean I know shit about it, and nothing much would surprise me given what little I know of Russia. The main point that Ovechkin is happy to be near the centre of things there despite everything seems fairly undeniable though.

I hope nobody thinks I'm handwaving OV's kowtowing to a genocidal madman. He's a goof.

Besides he's a Capital. He could be the coolest dude on the planet and I'd still think he's scum.

Reactions: Peat

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
If the team's gonna draft a kid out of Russia, which I don't think they should straight up dismiss, they better do due diligence in making sure the kid's not some indoctrinated dumbass who is liable to be pulled back home via ties to that gov't or end up conscripted in Putin's next "war" (it's a genocide).
Ya know I can tell from your tone you have no clue about Russia, But If Russia wanted a Genocide they would use their most destructive Weapons short of Nuclear & they haven't come close to doing that

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I also hold it against Geno to a degree that he's palled around with Putin, who has been a psychotic tyrant long before the Ukraine genocide of this spring and onward. But at least Geno isn't in Russia happily doing PR for the regime.

-edit- If you're wondering why I'm pretty incensed and fervent, I have a friend who live(d) in Bucha and she's been in constant contact in the group chat with pics/vids. The reality is far worse than anything you see or hear without deep diving. Literal hell on earth.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'll take a 50/50 shot at hitting on the next Tarasenko rather than a 100% chance of the next Joe Morrow.

Joe Morrow led to getting……

1656698906770.jpeg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't understand why Hasse says that the Penguins would have to add a sweetener on top of Zucker to move him even if they're retaining 50% (which seems like an absurd suggestion), while suggesting that a Pettersson trade is more likely than a buyout. I feel like it would be substantially harder to move Pettersson than Zucker.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think it'd be difficult to move any of Zucker, Kapanen, Dumo or Petts. I just think the biggest hurdle is the team actually wanting to. Sully adores Zucker, and there are a ton of stories about how well liked he is in the lockerroom, etc. Teams usually wait way too long on guys like Kap, who will inevitably become the newest in a long line of Galchenyuk-esque nobodies who got a buncha leeway because of their "former 1st rounder" tag. Dumo's living on the memory of his play during the back to backs, and I think a ton of GMs would see him as a safe, proven vet with a ton of playoff/Cup experience. Petts is probably viewed as a safe middle pairing vet with some potential upside left to reach amongst GMs around the league.

I don't think any of these guys are unmovable, nor do I think any would have to have a sweetener attached. Mayyyybe Zucker, but that's it. I still think retaining on Zucker is more than enough to move him for pure cap. But it all goes back to whether or not the team wants to move on from any or all of these guys, and I'm skeptical.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't think it'd be difficult to move any of Zucker, Kapanen, Dumo or Petts. I just think the biggest hurdle is the team actually wanting to. Sully adores Zucker, and there are a ton of stories about how well liked he is in the lockerroom, etc. Teams usually wait way too long on guys like Kap, who will inevitably become the newest in a long line of Galchenyuk-esque nobodies who got a buncha leeway because of their "former 1st rounder" tag. Dumo's living on the memory of his play during the back to backs, and I think a ton of GMs would see him as a safe, proven vet with a ton of playoff/Cup experience. Petts is probably viewed as a safe middle pairing vet with some potential upside left to reach amongst GMs around the league.

I don't think any of these guys are unmovable, nor do I think any would have to have a sweetener attached. Mayyyybe Zucker, but that's it. I still think retaining on Zucker is more than enough to move him for pure cap. But it all goes back to whether or not the team wants to move on from any or all of these guys, and I'm skeptical.

I've said it a dozen times or more but if a never-that-great-to-begin-with Rob Scuderi at the very end of his rope looking like he was skating in mud with 100LBs of elephant shit in his Jofas all while pulling down a batshit amount of money gifted to him by superfan and defenseman fetishist Ray Shero could not just be traded without retention but return a good player then anyone can.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I heard he makes him shave his whole body
I don't know if you mean he makes Rick remove all the hair from his own body, or he has to shave Lou Lamoriello's old, soft, wrinkled torso. Either seems possible.

Wait... is DP Day and Bonilla Day on the same day?

That's kinda wild.
New York residents celebrate by emptying their bank accounts and flushing the cash down their toilets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad