Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Ploff time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
New thread time. Please dont drag the previous arguments into this thread. Its time for new and fresh arguments. Like.......... Bench Petts for Friedman!

4iEE.gif

Current Penguins line up.

Reactions: BHD and ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
New thread time. Please dont drag the previous arguments into this thread. Its time for new and fresh arguments. Like.......... Bench Petts for Friedman!
Ew, talking about defensemen is so uncool. Let's be certain about which center Rust and Rakell should be with for the hundredth time!

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Let's talk about how the playoffs are going to be an endless loop of Brian Boyle's through the legs goal and Steve Mears PROMISING that "YOU WILL SEE THAT HUNDREDS OF TIMES!"

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This might be a shameful admission around here but TK was one of my favorite Penguins. Staal/TK was an extremely difficult combo for the opposition to deal with for a few years. Yeah they didn't exactly light up the scoreboard given TK's chest sniping and Staal's lack of finish but they were extremely pesky and kept the opposition hemmed into their own end for shifts at a time.

We've never really replaced that as a third line since they left.

Also TK had some big goals in the finals vs Detroit

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
This might be a shameful admission around here but TK was one of my favorite Penguins. Staal/TK was an extremely difficult combo for the opposition to deal with for a few years. Yeah they didn't exactly light up the scoreboard given TK's chest sniping and Staal's lack of finish but they were extremely pesky and kept the opposition hemmed into their own end for shifts at a time.

Did the Buzz Line mean nothing to you??

Reactions: Pancakes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm convinced they're the same person. I mean, has anyone ever seen both of them in the same place at the same time?

I actually thought Kasperi Kapanen was the same person as Tyler Kennedy, since they both have a fantastic ability to shoot the puck right into the center of the goalie's chest.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Cooke/TK/Staal isn't even in the same breath as HBK.

I liked that line too, but HBK was in another stratosphere
HBK was more of a scoring line imo. A very good one, but it brought different elements than the Staal line. I feel like Sid's line was deployed more to shutdown the opposition during the cup runs than the HBK line. I could be wrong but that's my recollection.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

didn't Staal have like 29 goals his rookie season?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Cooke/TK/Staal isn't even in the same breath as HBK.

I liked that line too, but HBK was in another stratosphere
Oh come on now, that's not even a fair comparison line to line. That said...while I will tell anyone that listens that HBK is multiple levels above CSK in terms of talent and scoring, I'm not sure I would be so quick as to say the impact that each line had relative to the cup wins, was THAT much different. I think people really underestimate how vital CSK was to the 08 and 09 runs. That was a monster defensive line, a great possession line, and was as ideal of a pivot line as you could ask for. That said, it didn't necessarily need the scoring prowess that HBK needed as Sid and Geno were in their true prime.

Looks like Chicago's rebuild is complete.
"The Piece" of Laffy Taffy.

Fits.

Reactions: jmelm

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
didn't Staal have like 29 goals his rookie season?
Yes but that was 06-7 where we didn't do crap in the playoffs.

By the time the two cup runs happened Staal was pretty mediocre in terms of finishing but he was still an absolute beast defensively and at pinning other teams in their own end. He's still good at those things now even all these years later.

That has real value. Having Staal just grind other teams into dust and then our stars hop on and light it up...kinda miss that dynamic.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad