Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Ploff time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
His agent isn't going to talk it up of course, but his tone was pretty evidently bad in his interview. It wasn't him playing his cards close to his chest, it was him being pretty negative about the whole situation.
It was also negative on the sense of "oh Brian Burke is popping off about prioritizing Letang, well I'm talking to Hextall so this is news to me." Go back to the interview and question.

I don't blame Barry for being broadsided. I do blame him for quoting a .05 range of Malkin's point production and overstating it by .1 over the last four years (and way more over the last two years)

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I heard Malkin talking out of breath in an intermission interview once. I didn’t like his tone, must be leaving.

Multiple sources now confirming speculation that Malkin may have breathing issues and might very well not be returning to the Penguins next season.

Reactions: K Fleur

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The talk of moving on from Letang because of pricing is due to the nature of our team and what we could do to shape it without him. If he really does come in at 7-8... I think it's still a huge risk but at least it's an acceptable risk. The notion of him getting 8-9.5 open market (still think that's possible) makes it an enormous risk.

Moving on from Geno because of pricing is, well, he's been not very good 5 v 5 and that isn't going to miraculously change as he gets even older. He's looked like he's been skating in sand a lot lately. I really hope we bring him back - I do. But I hope it's with the intention of using him as an elite winger who doesn't have to carry the play - because I just don't see him doing that at an elite level anymore. Maybe on the occasional shift but just not consistently enough to depend on and get consistent wins with. We've been a ONE LINE team for a while...that's with and without Geno healthy. Over the past several seasons when he's been in the lineup the only noticeable change came on the power play.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I heard Malkin talking out of breath in an intermission interview once. I didn’t like his tone, must be leaving.

He’s going north

1656813956350.jpeg

Reactions: Shady Machine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad