Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Madden does have some sources so this may be legit.

I was thinking yesterday that something that got a little lost in all the chaos this year is that Sullivan had his entire staff fired not long before JR too his ball and left.

I get that a new management group provides a reset of sorts. And they have been hugely supportive of Sullivan. But I have to wonder sometimes how secure he really is.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I was thinking yesterday that something that got a little lost in all the chaos this year is that Sullivan had his entire staff fired not long before JR too his ball and left.

I get that a new management group provides a reset of sorts. And they have been hugely supportive of Sullivan. But I have to wonder sometimes how secure he really is.

he should have been fired already…he’s like the Mike Tomlin of NHL coaches….

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Except for 2006. He wanted Backstrom but his scouts were pushing for Staal.
In a vacuum that's an easy decision, Backstrom is the better player. I'm not sure the team goes to back to back cups in 08/09 and wins one with Backstrom instead of Staal though. None of Sid, Geno or Backstrom are suited for 3C. One would be on the W.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Were Sully and Tocchet a winning combo? Or were Sid and Geno still young/healthy enough to get it done, the supporting cast was healthy and hungry, we had great goaltending, and an ace up our sleeve with a Phil Kessel who had a massive "f*** everyone, I'm winning to prove you all wrong" chip on his shoulder? :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Were Sully and Tocchet a winning combo? Or were Sid and Geno still young/healthy enough to get it done, the supporting cast was healthy and hungry, we had great goaltending, and an ace up our sleeve with a Phil Kessel who had a massive "f*** everyone, I'm winning to prove you all wrong" chip on his shoulder? :laugh:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Please tell me dusting off Tocchet and losing two guys in the expansion draft isnt Sleepy’s master plan to right the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad