Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I have it on good authority that not only will Carmel Indiana's own Zach Trotman will be coming out of recent retirement to play for Sully on Team USA. But that Juusori Riikola will be guaranteed to be picked for team Finland, only to be put in the press box all tourny.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
At least Sully will get exposed in the Olympics. He’ll be great until the games matter. I’m American, and I hope to god he has no say in the roster. This is good news for everyone not American.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
didn’t Bylsma get fired like 4 months or so after he was named to the same lol? …. We can hope for the same result…
giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just wanna see Sullivan coach Phil again. :laugh:
Are you mad? I want to see the idiocy of Sullivan's usage at full display for this stupid management and ownership to see how f***ing awful he really is when the pressure is on and there's no Ricky T to help him from himself.

Watch him put Jake Guentzel as the first line LW and try to put Boeser on the 4th line and bench DeBrincat for the whole tournament.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Are you mad? I want to see the idiocy of Sullivan's usage at full display for this stupid management and ownership to see how f***ing awful he really is when the pressure is on and there's no Ricky T to help him from himself.

Watch him put Jake Guentzel as the first line LW and try to put Boeser on the 4th line and bench DeBrincat for the whole tournament.

I never actively rooted against Team USA in any international competition until 2014 and 2018 hockey. I wanted DB to get fully de-pantsed and for Torts to get karma for leaving Phil off

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

Who do you think should coach team USA?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Who do you think should coach team USA?
I definitely think Mike should. It'll be fun. For some.

There's a very small group of American coaches.

Sullivan.
Hynes
Eakins
Laviolette
Blashill
Granato
Quenneville is dual.

It's a sad sack list right there mate. I don't care that he coaches. I care that the ownership sees him coach and make the same mistakes and maybe finally get a perspective on why they need to move on.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I definitely think Mike should. It'll be fun. For some.

There's a very small group of American coaches.

Sullivan.
Hynes
Eakins
Laviolette
Blashill
Granato
Quenneville is dual.

It's a sad sack list right there mate. I don't care that he coaches. I care that the ownership sees him coach and make the same mistakes and maybe finally get a perspective on why they need to move on.
Brian Burke has been heavily involved in USA Hockey. I don't think there's much more of a perspective he and Hextall can get.

People may need to accept that Sullivan is a good coach with his foibles and quirks, just like every good coach. He hasn't lost the team. And there are plenty of other issues to address in terms of personnel. Until the Penguins improve their personnel and still fall flat, or he loses the room, Sullivan will be the Penguins' coach.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Brian Burke has been heavily involved in USA Hockey. I don't think there's much more of a perspective he and Hextall can get.

People may need to accept that Sullivan is a good coach with his foibles and quirks, just like every good coach. He hasn't lost the team. And there are plenty of other issues to address in terms of personnel. Until the Penguins improve their personnel and still fall flat, or he loses the room, Sullivan will be the Penguins' coach.
Yeah outside of awful usage of young players, stubbornness of the first line staying together in the playoffs 3yrs in a row with awful results. Beefing with players. Causing the whole Kessel issue.

Not really adapting and evolving the Pens system once his assistant Tocchet left. He likely is a good coach but he's good when Tocchet is his right hand man. A collaboration.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Yeah outside of awful usage of young players, stubbornness of the first line staying together in the playoffs 3yrs in a row with awful results. Beefing with players. Causing the whole Kessel issue.

Not really adapting and evolving the Pens system once his assistant Tocchet left. He likely is a good coach but he's good when Tocchet is his right hand man. A collaboration.

I bitch about bringing back Tocc being an old boys club move. But it'd be a cool test to figure out if Sully was actually better or not with Tocchet at his side. Or were our personnel during the back to backs just that good

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I bitch about bringing back Tocc being an old boys club move. But it'd be a cool test to figure out if Sully was actually better or not with Tocchet at his side. Or were our personnel during the back to backs just that good
It would even be more cool if we just fired sully since it’s clear he can’t coach anymore, at least not this team.

If he needs a specific assistant coach to be effective, he’s not a good coach. I know, the last 4 playoffs were flukes! COVID, short off seasons, humidity, polar vortex, winds form the east, etc.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
It would even be more cool if we just fired sully since it’s clear he can’t coach anymore, at least not this team.

If he needs an assistant coach to be effective, he’s not a good coach.

Fire Sully this, and Sleepy that. Yea sure, but moaning about it 24/7 won't do anything and makes for increasingly dull discussion. So I like to speculate on things that are legitimately likely, like us resigning RT as an assistant.

What could/would Sully and Tocc do with this current roster, was it all Sid and Geno and Kessel or did Tocc really have the dog whisperer quality to him when it comes to our squad

For what it' worth, who would you replace Sully with right this instant? short of Gallant. Because wanting Sully fired is one thing, actually having a good idea about who can give us what we need is another and tbh idk who that'd be rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->