Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Thought I’d make an off season thread where we can post things that don’t quite fit in the other threads.

Saw this thought it was kind of cool although the celebration felt a bit underwhelming. Where’s the hugging and jumping all over each other?

tenor.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Jeff Taffe sighting

I don’t remember him but I only started following the Penguins from December 2008. Pretty sure Game 7 was a Friday night. Halfway through the game I get a call asking me to work for a few hours on Saturday. I still said yes but warned him I’d be in rough shape.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Game 7 was finals week for me in grad school, and I remember appealing to my Structure of Old East Slavic teacher's strong Russian nationalism to get a two day extension on my final paper.

It totally worked. :laugh:

Had my HS grad party 2 days after this. I didn’t really care all too much for it since I was still riding the high of winning the cup lmao.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I warned you folks about the slippery slope we started down with the PPG helmet decal. Turns out, spoiler alert(!), the league was lying about the ad being a one year deal. Apparently sweaters will be eligible for corporate sponsorship next season. Hopefully the league will have the restraint and good taste to avoid the soccer model, but who knows?

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I warned you folks about the slippery slope we started down with the PPG helmet decal. Turns out, spoiler alert(!), the league was lying about the ad being a one year deal. Apparently sweaters will be eligible for corporate sponsorship next season. Hopefully the league will have the restraint and good taste to avoid the soccer model, but who knows?

TBH. I thought the helmet ads were cool. The Colorado “Ball” ones were my fav

Reactions: Shady Machine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't like ads on helmets/jerseys, but it's frankly inevitable and no amount of hemming and hawing by aggrieved fans will stop it.
Pretty much. The ads on jerseys/helmets/ice thing is only gonna accelerate with the lost revenue to Covid too.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The ads on the helmets were fine and you totally understood why the league did it. Struggling for revenue during a pandemic and I thought they were non-obtrusive. Ads on jerseys is a little much but I’ll reserve judgement until I see what they look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad