Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hey Pens fans! I’ve got one heckuva whopper for you :) It’s exactly the kind of big ugly proposal that gets outside fans absolutely torched on sub-forums. Haha. So I expect and welcome the flaming. It’s well-deserved for coming in hot like this. So all the preamble aside:

To PIT:
OEL
Kuemper (50% retained)
—Total: 10.5aav

To ARI:
Pettersson
Jarry
‘21 2nd rounder
—Total: 7.5aav

^ once you’re done ripping me limb from limb, if your find your rage isn’t satisfied, you can turn on @Toby Flenderson - trust me…he deserves it. ;)

Reactions: Toby Flenderson

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hey Pens fans! I’ve got one heckuva whopper for you :) It’s exactly the kind of big ugly proposal that gets outside fans absolutely torched on sub-forums. Haha. So I expect and welcome the flaming. It’s well-deserved for coming in hot like this. So all the preamble aside:

To PIT:
OEL
Kuemper (50% retained)

To ARI:
Pettersson
Jarry
‘21 2nd rounder

^ once you’re done ripping me limb from limb, if your find your rage isn’t satisfied, you can turn on @Toby Flenderson - trust me…he deserves it. ;)
Penguins can't take on that excess cap and cannot give up the draft pick.

Remove OEL and the 2nd rounder and add Dvorak.

To PIT
Dvorak
Kuemper (50% retained)

To ARI
Pettersson
Jarry

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wanna get rid of Petts and Jarry real bad, but not enough to take OEL with no salary retained and Kuemper, while also giving up a 2nd rounder.

I'm sure we can find other ways to dump our trash without paying to take someone else's bedazzled trash.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

To PIT:
OEL
Kuemper (50% retained)

To ARI:
Pettersson
Jarry
‘21 2nd rounder

I would do this

rt

May 13, 2004
I would do this
Everyone get him!!!

MCDSIMO_FE021.jpg

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

rt

May 13, 2004
Is Kuemper any good?
Kuemper is 3rd in GAA and 3rd in SV% over the last 3 NHL seasons among all NHL goalies with over 50 games played. Remember, The Coyotes SUCK at hockey. They’re 9th in GA/GP as a team in that same span. So how bad were they in that category when he didn’t play? Pretty bad.

But isn’t he hurt a lot?
He’s tied for 20th in GP among all NHL goalies over the last 3 seasons. He’s played less than 3GP fewer per season than the guy who’s ranked 13th in the same span.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I would do this
Why? The Penguins add another expensive left-handed, left side defenseman - this one with a contract that lasts until 2026-27, when OEL is 36.

Kuemper is nice, but OEL doesn't address a single item on the Penguins' list of needs. Plus, he makes it more challenging to address those items AND he blocks POJ from getting a shot at the NHL.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

To PIT:
OEL
Kuemper (50% retained)

To ARI:
Pettersson
Jarry
‘21 2nd rounder

We can't do OEL sadly. LD would be a total mess next year.

rt

May 13, 2004
Okay, go get that 1st rounder, bud! :laugh:
Nah nah nah. You guys seem like good guys. So I’m gonna give you the good guy discount. Okay? Okay. We can just drop the picks from the proposal altogether and then you’re happy. Me? Not so happy. But what am I gonna do? I need my new friends, from the steel city to be happy, am I right? Okay!

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nah nah nah. You guys seem like good guys. So I’m gonna give you the good guy discount. Okay? Okay. We can just drop the picks from the proposal altogether and they you’re happy. Me? Not so happy. But what am I gonna do? I need my new friends, from the steel city to be happy, am I right? Okay!
I just don't want OEL. I want to dump Jarry and Petts, trust me, but I don't want to take that dogshit contract attached to a lukewarm player in return--even if it means getting a solid goalie like Kuemper.

I just don't think the Penguins and Yotes are trade partners. Especially in anything relating to OEL.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah nah nah. You guys seem like good guys. So I’m gonna give you the good guy discount. Okay? Okay. We can just drop the picks from the proposal altogether and then you’re happy. Me? Not so happy. But what am I gonna do? I need my new friends, from the steel city to be happy, am I right? Okay!

There are some good vegan spots in Phoenix so we good.

metalan2

May 30, 2008

To PIT:
OEL
Kuemper (50% retained)

To ARI:
Pettersson
Jarry
‘21 2nd rounder

I'll take it.

Reactions: rt

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Sure, why not. I’ve seen us use cap space in far worse ways.

Reactions: rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1