Penguins Off-Season Thread: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll hurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The thing that really grinds my gears about the whole playoffs is that we had - Zucker, Carter, Kapanen, Guentzel, Tanev, Blueer, and Rust all healthy to play. Malkin played 4 out of 6.

In all this time, not once did it occur to our coach that wow I f***ing have options for once with a deep set of f***ing wingers. A deep set. I mean even McCann was back.

Yet he stuck to GCR and didn't once figure maybe I throw Kapanen and Zucker with Sid and drop down the other 2 and see if they produce. Blah blah blah Jarry wasn't good, he missed about what 7-10 days before the playoffs, I still think starting Lagace that 1st game like the Pens did Zatkoff that one year, would have been wiser, I mean even Bylsma wasn't that dumb to throw in a cold goalie.

But to have that many winger options and not once make a change and then to blindly think he will figure it out, still.

Jake's issue is the way the top line plays. Crosby wants to play a grind'em out along the boards and take abuse style to open a winger up. Jake can't do that, he's shown he's better suited to play Malkin's game. But the gritty game that Zucker and Kapanen showed, even Tanev, not once did it occur to him, let's f***ing try that. Not even Carter.

I am still legit pissed.

Btw, Phil Kessel is the perfect embodiment of Mike Sullivan.

Great during the 2 cups. Slowly has fizzled into shit.
Sully is absolute trash. Jarry was horrendous but he shouldn’t have even been playing by game 6. Any other coach would have sat him by then.

Keeping this clown around for another season is simply inexcusable, and everyone in ownership or management should be embarrassed.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
If I'm the Penguins and the chance opens up I try and snag Freddy Anderson from the Leafs. I believe he'll be a UFA but he might take 4-5 million a year. He's better than what he's being credited for from Leaf nation. Just a thought.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd still like to take a shot at Ullmark. Has always been really solid despite being on an abysmal Sabres team. Won't stand on his head and steal you a series or anything but very likely isn't gonna be a factor in any losses.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
DHOm7ZY.jpg

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad