Post-Game Talk: Penguins 6, Avalanche 3 - A Hattrick of Almost Goals for ZAR (And Actual Goals for Horny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Please tell me how lit GW and the continental army were when fighting the Brits.

giphy-1_01.gif

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
He adds value in other areas.

I know people are low on Aston-Reese right now, but he kills penalties and isn't awful defensively. He needs to work on his defense, but he's far from being as bad as Sprong. He's also more productive with lesser linemates.
I never said anything about ZAR. Think you clicked reply to the wrong user.
But that being said, I'm higher on ZAR than most of this board. He's certainly more useful than Sprong.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I liked Pettersson’s shot blocking.

Skating-wise he can make some right turns for a big guy.

They GOTTA work him into the PK or else JJ will never sit. Was disheartened when Jacques told Bob he doesn't pk.
He does. Seen it with my own 2 eyes.

Since they love JJ so much, just bench Rig. Please get Riiko back in there.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
13+ mins I believe, yes. He was decent. I see the weaknesses to his game that Ducks fans were talking about though.

Ya but he is still only 22 and in his second full season. At least he has potential to grow into his body more. He is a lot like Dumo was when he came up at the same age. If he progresses like him that would be awesome.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
They GOTTA work him into the PK or else JJ will never sit. Was disheartened when Jacques told Bob he doesn't pk.
He does. Seen it with my own 2 eyes.

Since they love JJ so much, just bench Rig. Please get Riiko back in there.

I think he meant more so for right now. I think they will get him out there more and more as he adjust and will start to kill them.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Ya but he is still only 22 and in his second full season. At least he has potential to grow into his body more. He is a lot like Dumo was when he came up at the same age. If he progresses like him that would be awesome.
Yea I love the trade. Swedes are solid mentally, so I think you can count on him to stay focused and work hard while they develop his game. He won't get in his own way. They just have the perfect mindset for NHL'ers the vast majority of the time.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just want to watch Horny try a skills competition. I honestly think there are hockey players in juniors with 100x better skills than 72. But not a single player on the face of this earth has that dude's heart. I think he's the rare specimen that actually exists that works at 110% effort. Literally above his maximum effort. I can't even put it into proper words. That guy makes himself an elite athlete in a world where everyone trains like freaks by working harder than every other person.

Someone help me articulate this better.

Reactions: Pancakes

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla, TOI . . .

Zac Aston-Reese = 18:30 (15:39 ES)
Tanner Pearson = 12:23 (12:23 ES)

I only mention this because you we were discussing who plays over whom.

cc: @ColePens
weird. Any idea when/how that happened? ZAR getting shifts with Geno? I know lines were a bit goofy once Simon went out.

Also, 3 for 5 of that stretch ain't bad. Too bad we lost the easiest of those games :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just want to watch Horny try a skills competition. I honestly think there are hockey players in juniors with 100x better skills than 72. But not a single player on the face of this earth has that dude's heart. I think he's the rare specimen that actually exists that works at 110% effort. Literally above his maximum effort. I can't even put it into proper words. That guy makes himself an elite athlete in a world where everyone trains like freaks by working harder than every other person.

Someone help me articulate this better.
If Patrick Hornqvist had average NHL hands, he'd be a 7-8 million dollar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad