Post-Game Talk: Penguins 6, Avalanche 3 - A Hattrick of Almost Goals for ZAR (And Actual Goals for Horny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
First of all, you miserable curmudgeon, thread titles are my turf. Second of all, tonight's thread title is an homage to @ColePens, and frankly I'm offended that you would rain on his parade in this way.

EDIT: Offender, but mind you not surprised. :D

Curmudgeon?

How old are you? I thought that I was old.

I thought that they stopped using words like that back when Dicken's was writing his cheery novels in weekly form in the papers.

Reactions: BillPrep and KIRK

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I liked Pettersson’s shot blocking.

Skating-wise he can make some right turns for a big guy.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, but sometimes we need to be reminded.
In all seriousness I don't like only having one D man who's a righty. We have enough problems in our end. I don't like the fact that our 2hd and 3rd pairings on the right side are constantly on their back hand.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Curmudgeon?

How old are you? I thought that I was old.

I thought that they stopped using words like that back when Dicken's was writing his cheery novels in weekly form in the papers.

Hey, just because I bought my wooden dentures the same time as George Washington doesn't give you the right to mock my age . . . :mad:

Reactions: Dovahkiin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So . . . anyone else like the Maatta-Oleksiak pairing as much as I do?

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
You for real? .921 last year. North of .922 now.

What would you like him to do more? He's only surrendered over 3 goals once in his 13 starts. He gives us a chance to win night in, night out.

Meanwhile Murray allowed 4+ in 7 of his 11 starts.

He adds value in other areas.

I know people are low on Aston-Reese right now, but he kills penalties and isn't awful defensively. He needs to work on his defense, but he's far from being as bad as Sprong. He's also more productive with lesser linemates.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Weird, we score 6 goals and one 3 Penguins have multi-point games.

treeni12

Oct 30, 2018
BTW people we can all agree and disagree about many things around here, but if there's one thing that should unite all of us, it is the universal hockey law that Jack Johnson, Jamie Oleksiak, and Olli Maatta ALL ******* SUCK.
as crazy as it may sound I would take Määttä over those two. Oleksiak's and Johnson's hockey IQ are lowest in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad