Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
MM has missed plenty of games, we also have at least five days before the playoffs.
Realize that. Again, tonight's game not as "meaningful" as any upcoming game. Ergo by your logic, less important to play best players.

That's the thing with iron-clad rule statements. Very few things in sports are always true.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Nah theyll still go for it , just not during a playoff streak they have going right now.

People think they only have a couple more years of dominance, but their games wont fall off like some expect. They dont rely solely on speed. Theres much more to their games. If anything, McDavid would be the type to fall off quick if he doesnt get better in other areas...once he slows down. Totally different players.

I don't think McDavid's speed is going anywhere, unless injuries slow him down.

And that's the only thing about his game that I could see stopping him from dominating the league for another 10 years. He skates so fast that a rut in the ice or a collision could send him flying into the boards at mach speed - it's dangerous as hell to play at that speed that he does.

I'm still mad that we all missed Sid and Connor on the same team for Canada in the Olympics this year, that would have been something else.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The biggest concern I have is puck management. We need to shore that up as much as anything. And Letang needs to stop roaming as much as he does.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Crosby finishes the season with back to back 89 point seasons. I hope we still see more 100 point seasons but I dunno.
Those days are probably done until/unless they really load up his line at some point in the future.

Be impressed at what he and Geno have been able to do with what they've had as line-mates, because it is quite impressive. Especially at this point in their careers. They sniff 100 points with 2nd/3rd line wingers every season, when every other top superstar plays with bona fide 1st liners/top draft picks.

Put Kucherov/McDavid/Kane or any of the top guys today with 2 of Hornqvist, Guentzel, Hagelin, Sheary or Rust and see what kind of numbers they put up.

If you want to go back even further, besides 99 and 66, there aren't two players in the history of the league who were able to do more with less.

Crosby and Malkin are top 10-12 all-time players in the history of the NHL.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Realize that. Again, tonight's game not as "meaningful" as any upcoming game. Ergo by your logic, less important to play best players.

That's the thing with iron-clad rule statements. Very few things in sports are always true.
But to afford this team the best chance to win, and considering how abysmal we have been on the road I think garnering a home ice advantage was important. Sully talked about it quite a bit today.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Yeah, I'm comfortable with Desmith as the Backup.

Its a small sample size, but hes played in 14 games and put up a 921 save percentage.

A lot of those games were when the pens were on the 2nd of b2b games as well.
Thank you for you honesty.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don't think McDavid's speed is going anywhere, unless injuries slow him down.

And that's the only thing about his game that I could see stopping him from dominating the league for another 10 years. He skates so fast that a rut in the ice or a collision could send him flying into the boards at mach speed - it's dangerous as hell to play at that speed that he does.

I'm still mad that we all missed Sid and Connor on the same team for Canada in the Olympics this year, that would have been something else.
He'll be the best skater in the league for awhile, but there's a difference between being faster than everyone and significantly faster than everyone. Look what happened to OV when he lost half a step.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
He'll be the best skater in the league for awhile, but there's a difference between being faster than everyone and significantly faster than everyone. Look what happened to OV when he lost half a step.

For sure it will decline somewhat over time, but guys like Cullen and MSL have proven that even in your later years you can still be a great skater. So I think he will remain far above everyone else for years.

Last edited:

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Crosby finishes the season with back to back 89 point seasons. I hope we still see more 100 point seasons but I dunno.
At end of day regardless if he get there again .. you can’t deny the things he has accomplished so far .. I really think he can do it with Guentzel on LW and great effective speed winger like Daniel Sprong if not pens happens to find that for him for consistency and stability.. that all he needs .. continuity.. without doubt he can do it because he’s in great shape overall is elite one of kind hockey player, the work ethic among other things and have a lot left in the tank.. I could see him racking up a lot of assists with winger who can finish plays really create time and space for him to do his thing like Malkin had this season..

I see Malkin and Crosby prevail with at least 2-3 cups before they retire.. that’s what I hope and pray for.. it gonna be hard because of tough divisions but they can do it..

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We finished with the two seed and a 100 points, that's pretty good. But it was a rocky road in getting here.

One side note, this season went by so fast. Where does the time go. It seems like yesterday we were playing that hockeyville game against the Blues. Damn!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We finished with the two seed and a 100 points, that's pretty good. But it was a rocky road in getting here.

One side note, this season went by so fast. Where does the time go. It seems like yesterday we were playing that hockeyville game against the Blues. Damn!
You're 18 waiting for 21 to drink legal, get 21 hit 35 wondering what happened

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
He can do it. He’s worry about the cups and being the best teammate and leader for his team with being in the hardest division..

He’s been through a lot and doesn’t care about people’s criticism and opinions.. it doesn’t mean nothing.. he’s a unselfish guy that put his team on his back .. Yes he should have 100 points this year but sometimes things aren’t meant to be and the big picture of Cup .. he’s has done fine with no help and awful Sheary on his line.. I don’t see no problem with him.. Pens organization needs to build around him to have help on his line.. to play how he wants too. He has had teams leftovers all his career..

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Back to talking about the game - I thought Oleksiak was probably our best dman on the night. Crushing hits, good transition, making good choices with the puck. I'm pretty excited to see what Gonchar and Martin can do with him with a whole season. There's a lot you can do with a guy with his freakish natural attributes.

Thanks Dallas!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We've survived the battle
Now let's go to war.

:yo:
1451316813630.gif

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Like they'd trust the Comedian to travel off the job anyway.
Hey they don’t monitor me to much on the job...

Jordan x 4
Bahrain x 3
Japan x 3
UAE x 2
Thailand x 2
Philippines x 2
Djibouti
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Bali
Bangladesh

All of that in a 5 year span.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
So unless ovechkin or Marchand score 4 points in the next two days crosbys scoring finishes are

1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 6 10

That 10 spot looks weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad