Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That 4th line was barely seeing any time with Sheahan on it before. It's honestly a diminishing returns kind of thing.

Rust barely playing would be as big a concern IMO as Sheahan barely playing if BOTH were stuck on L4 with Kuhn.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
BTW, for all the people slotting ZAR on Sid's RW, do we know IF he can play there? One would think Sully may have tried it ONCE if it were even tangentially under consideration.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
that's a good reason to load up and roll all 4 lines. imo

It may be, but Rust will NOT be playing L4 RW so that ZAR can play L1 RW, a position he's never played before.

IMO, the only way ZAR sees top 9 duty is IF Sheary falters.

EDIT: There is an alternative school of thought that suggest to keep the top 9 and ease Brassard back into it, having him center ZAR and Kuhn, but then slide over to wing with ZAR with Sid and maybe Geno taking a random shift between them.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
BTW, for all the people slotting ZAR on Sid's RW, do we know IF he can play there? One would think Sully may have tried it ONCE if it were even tangentially under consideration.

When ZAR was called up for his first game Sully in an interview was pretty firm that he’d play LW to ease the transition in the NHL. That and the fact that he never went there later on suggests it’s not in the plans.

We’ve had so many line combinations this season I doubt we see anything new unless disaster strikes

Reactions: EightyOne and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
When ZAR was called up for his first game Sully in an interview was pretty firm that he’d play LW to ease the transition in the NHL. That and the fact that he never went there later on suggests it’s not in the plans.

We’ve had so many line combinations this season I doubt we see anything new unless disaster strikes

As I keep saying, Rust will be on Sid's RW unless MAYBE the line is a net negative and/or the Pens go down hard in a series. But, if that point comes, then I anticipate Rust will flip spots with Sheary or Horny.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
As I keep saying, Rust will be on Sid's RW unless MAYBE the line is a net negative and/or the Pens go down hard in a series. But, if that point comes, then I anticipate Rust will flip spots with Sheary or Horny.

Pretty much.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad