Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don’t expect any of our big guns to be in on regular season trophies from here on out.

Malkin played some of his best hockey and still came up short.

McDavid has the scoring title on lockdown if he’s healthy.

Plus it’s better off they pace themselves for the playoffs. This is the last few years they have to win the important trophy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is everyone fine with this? Comfortable with DeSmith as back up goalie?

MAF/Murray was a luxury most teams will never get to have. We had it and cashed in twice. Cashed in 2/2 times NEVER happens. So that is awesome.

Now DeSmith/Jarry are capable backups. Obviously nowhere near as good as our luxury and never will. But those 2 are capable.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Okay, self proclaimed hockey experts

Why, even though he clearly kicked a loose puck to Kessel, did Murray not get an assist last night?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
:biglaugh: You said that playing DeSmith was dumb on many levels even though multiple examples of the league utilizing a back up appropriately (like tonight) worked. And you also claim to know about hockey, but all i see is negativity.

I'll say I agree to disagree with pretty much anything and everything you say. My history speaks for itself. Good day. :)
I really don't care how you think. If you think you have some sort of clout on a message board, I don't care. You don't impress me, never have.

And it's fine if we disagree, but when you act like an adolescent and mindless schoolboy jumping up and down saying , ''you were wrong Ryder, you were wrong'', followed by a few faces, that just tells me how absurd you're being. But please continue MOD!

Reactions: ncm7772

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Eh, Kuhn's been pretty good too recently. I like Jooris' added flexibility and speed but wouldn't be upset if Kuhn won out over Jooris.

ZAR should be stapled to the line up though.
Kuhn has been better...for him, he just doesn't bring enough. I've been pleasantly surprised with Jooris speed, battle-level, plus right handed draws. Agree about ZAR.

OY VEY GUYS! Let's hold hands and start some swaying..." Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya...

Reactions: Still Apps and Peat

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Crosby finishes the season with back to back 89 point seasons. I hope we still see more 100 point seasons but I dunno.

At this point I just want to see him keep playing at a high level (top 10 in points) for a long time and have more playoff success.

100 points seasons, and Art Rosses are great, but things I want to see are:

200th playoff point
Another Smythe
More Cup runs

His regular season numbers and trophy case are well below what he should have achieved because of injuries, but the last couple years has made up for that with Cups and Smythes and imo his legacy is now about where it should be.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think the bigger issue will be the defense in front of him.
If they play like they did tonight, I'm not as worried as I was. They were actually trying to get in front of shots and pressure puck carriers in the slot. It resembled playoff hockey and not the passive garbage they've been doing for 90% of the year.

Reactions: Beau Knows

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really don't care how you think. If you think you have some sort of clout on a message board, I don't care. You don't impress me, never have.

And it's fine if we disagree, but when you act like an adolescent and mindless schoolboy jumping up and down saying , ''you were wrong Ryder, you were wrong'', followed by a few faces, that just tells me how aSburd you're being. But please continue MOD!

And now you are getting mad. That's a sign of weakness and shows me you know you were wrong. Dude.. it's okay. It was a really really really bad post. You've had so many and they all keep biting you in the ass. All we ask is that you try to keep your negativity to yourself and no matter how many times it hits you in the face, you fail to stop.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Crosby finishes the season with back to back 89 point seasons. I hope we still see more 100 point seasons but I dunno.

Considering how many games he was barely skating this season? He can definitely get 100 again if hes all in. It might take us losing in the playoffs tho..we win another cup this year and he will do the same thing next season. ;)

Reactions: 66-30-33

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I’m sorry @Ryder71, but you are making a fool out of yourself. I have glanced at your posts and the others responses, but I will show this quote only:
Cole would start Desmith, so would Hanks. It's no big deal.
1) Nobody in the right mind would start DeSmith over Murray.
2) Murray played both sides of a back-to-back a couple days ago and he can’t risk getting injured in a game we can win without him.
3) Tonight was a back-to-back, hence literally the only reason DeSmith started.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
You're apparently having trouble comprehending, because I'm not wrong and it's not an issue predicated on opinion. It's about common sense. And in that context, when you play a meaningful game you play your best players. Again, just because we got away with it, doesn't prove anything. I even said early on in the GDT we'd likely get away with it. Doesn't make it a smart decision. It has nothing to do with Desmith or Murray specifically. It has to do with playing the best player available.

Meaningful games, best players. Cool.
This game less meaningful than ANY upcoming playoff game. Can't play Murray every game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And now you are getting mad. That's a sign of weakness and shows me you know you were wrong. Dude.. it's okay. It was a really really really bad post. You've had so many and they all keep biting you in the ass. All we ask is that you try to keep your negativity to yourself and no matter how many times it hits you in the face, you fail to stop.
I'm not mad in the least. I'm happy we won. I know the type of person I'm dealing with. It's fine by me. And I stand by that post and always will.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don’t expect any of our big guns to be in on regular season trophies from here on out.

Plus it’s better off they pace themselves for the playoffs. This is the last few years they have to win the important trophy.

If Malkin hadn't run cold at the end and start, I think he'd have done it, but there we go. You're not getting consistency out of anyone over a 100 game (give or take) season, particularly when they're 30. Guess that's what makes it so frustrating that he came close to doing it this season but couldn't quite seal the deal.

I do wonder how long McDavid's gonna stay healthy though. Slightly surprised nobody's taken him out already.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I'm not mad in the least. I'm happy we won. I know the type of person I'm dealing with. It's fine by me.
The way that you capitalized “mod” when replying to Cole implied that you were/are mad.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Meaningful games, best players. Cool.
This game less meaningful than ANY upcoming playoff game. Can't play Murray every game.
MM has missed plenty of games, we also have at least five days before the playoffs.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I dont think Crosby cares about regular season anymore. Which is not a criticism anymore, from me.

It frustrates me to an extent. I said some stupid shit about him. And then he goes and proceeds to surpass expectations when it matters and makes me look stupid. Like. I was questioning if he should have the C....just...f***ing dumb...lol

Reactions: Beau Knows

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Nah theyll still go for it , just not during a playoff streak they have going right now.

People think they only have a couple more years of dominance, but their games wont fall off like some expect. They dont rely solely on speed. Theres much more to their games. If anything, McDavid would be the type to fall off quick if he doesnt get better in other areas...once he slows down. Totally different players.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Shout out to Phil for comfortably setting a career high in points. 10 more than his second best season.

Amazing stuff. It really is amazing that our big guns put up the points they do considering they dont even have set linemates lol.

Reactions: Brandinho
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce