Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Senators 0 - Pens Clinch #2 In Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You can read as much into this one as a preseason game.

Real season starts Wednesday or Thursday.

That said . . .

Good: Nobody hurt, DeSmith shutout.

Bad: No authentic Kuhn jersey for @ColePens. Refused to pay the price, was outbid by the winner . . .

giphy.gif

EDIT: Here are your possibilities for opponents:

NY Rangers at Philly
New Jersey at Washington
Columbus at Nashville

(games played in that order, with different start times)

Columbus IF . . .

1. WIN
2. OTL + Philly OTL/LOSS + New Jersey OTL/LOSS
3. LOSS + Philly OTL/LOSS + New Jersey LOSS

New Jersey IF

1. WIN + Columbus OTL/LOSS
2. OTL + Columbus LOSS + Philly OTL/LOSS

Philly IF

1. Win + Columbus OTL/LOSS + New Jersey OTL/LOSS

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ DeSmith: I tried telling @Shockmaster and @Ryder71 that DeSmith is a very capable backup and they should not risk playing Mur. How about his game tonight, eh? f***ing right.

+++++ The team overall. From Horny and his heart to Guentzel and his snipe mentality. Sid, Geno, and Kess leading the team to the promise land again. Refocusing and getting back to the postseason. Incredible stuff.

I flat out cannot believe we are back to playoff season again. It blows my mind how fast time goes. I swear it was the Cup Final just a few days ago. I cannot believe how fast this season went. Insane. Thanks for some amazing hockey talk and hopefully we get to take this journey all the way to June! I love it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Glad we won, hopefully no injuries

+ZAR, Phil and Desmith
+PK

- Puck management and turnovers.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Happy for DeSmith. Cue the idiotic goalie controversy talk on FB.

Pens did what they had to do tonight. Totally ok with that.

Reactions: Smasher

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Well it wasn't quite the dominating statement game I wanted to see but still an impressive win.

Good on Casey for the SO. He played a very solid game. Game could have gotten out of hand without him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Rest up and be prepared for a battle. Whoever we face in the first round, it's going to be a pretty raucous series.

Gonna need the big guns firing on all cylinders and Murray's gonna have to find that level he's shown in the past.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
game didn't tell me anything new. I wonder though, if they have actually been planning for the playoffs without revealing a lot of things. On paper, this team is much stronger than last year but the competition has also gotten much better. As I have said yesterday, it's going to be a monumental task to beat this Penguins team in a seven game series. That doesnt mean that the Penguins will win the Stanley cup or have no flaws. It is just that they have the mental and skill advantage over many of the teams.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
In the 2nd and 3rd the team was actively trying to block shots and insulate DeSmith, which is something I haven't really seen from anyone not named Hornqvist or the 4th line. This gives me hope that they were only trying to get into the big tournament unscathed over the last 5 or 6 weeks. Hope.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
All good in the hood. The backup goalie gets a shutout and confidence. HUGE. Pens played with structure like they usually do in the playoffs. Almost all the bug guns scored. Sheahan looked freaking great. Sheary looks like he’s turned the corner. ZAR looks like he’s getting back into game shape.

Let’s make that run.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Breakout game for Casey.

Great knowing we have a solid backup. Dude looked like Murray did when entering the league, with how calm he was.

This is why I wanted DeSmith to start tonight.

Murray can take some pressure off of himself knowing it isnt all on him.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Last 2 games have been encouraging for this team. I know we were playing the lowly Sens here, but they're looking more like a team that can win playoff games right now.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
+++ DeSmith: I tried telling @Shockmaster and @Ryder71 that DeSmith is a very capable backup and they should not risk playing Mur. How about his game tonight, eh? ****ing right.

+++++ The team overall. From Horny and his heart to Guentzel and his snipe mentality. Sid, Geno, and Kess leading the team to the promise land again. Refocusing and getting back to the postseason. Incredible stuff.

I flat out cannot believe we are back to playoff season again. It blows my mind how fast time goes. I swear it was the Cup Final just a few days ago. I cannot believe how fast this season went. Insane. Thanks for some amazing hockey talk and hopefully we get to take this journey all the way to June! I love it.
You can tell me whatever the hell you want, it still doesn't make it a good decision.

I'm not gonna change my mind because it worked out. My premise was clear and I stand by it. People can drink and drive, yet get away with it. It doesn't make it wise to do so.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The good news for the fan who wins the Hunwick Jersey off his back is that he is with the team two more years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad