Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Red Wings 1 - The Playoffs Edition

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Will DeSmith play Saturday? Yes, there’s something to play for but maybe not as important as making sure Murr is rested and healthy...wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Letang run by the Rags...
I want to avoid the Caps so yes lots to play for. We don't need that bloodbath in round 1. Although the Isles can be chippy also.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd prefer the Isles to the Caps, but I'll be damned if I'm as confident against the Isles are many others seem to be. They're a good team, they're playing with a colossal chip on their shoulder, and Trotz knows the Penguins extremely well. You know for sure Geno's going to have a stick in his ribs from the puck drop in game one.

Kempny out is pretty big for Washington too, but they still scare me more than the Isles. But the Isles are not going to be a pushover.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
the isles have no good shutdown Dman to be scared off and play matchup games. Yea their team D is good but over a 7 game series lack of talent will expose them.

They have one guy, one guy up front who you need to worry about. That's it.

Both their goalies have no long term success.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Meh, we play who we play. Hope it's Isles so we can watch Canes try and be energized for a round and beat Caps.

giphy.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Isles have gotten excellent goal tending from both their starters all season. I find it unreasonable to assume that both will suddenly fold because it is the post-season.
That narrative only makes a semblance of sense for goalies who have repeatedly failed there. Not for those not having had the chance to fail yet. At least I don't see any way that narrative makes sense.

Doesn't matter anyway. There is not one single starting position where the Isles are genuinely better than us, but as a team they do play with a lot, A LOT, more defensive discipline. So, we beat them on superior skill or we beat ourselves through making mistakes that they capitalize on. That's the series.

Reactions: Doogle and Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We are a well experienced playoff battle tested team compared to most others, we know what must be done and we will do it or die trying.
Just no round 1 exit or loss to the capitals and I'm happy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Isles have gotten excellent goal tending from both their starters all season. I find it unreasonable to assume that both will suddenly fold because it is the post-season.
That narrative only makes a semblance of sense for goalies who have repeatedly failed there. Not for those not having had the chance to fail yet. At least I don't see any way that narrative makes sense.

Doesn't matter anyway. There is not one single starting position where the Isles are genuinely better than us, but as a team they do play with a lot, A LOT, more defensive discipline. So, we beat them on superior skill or we beat ourselves through making mistakes that they capitalize on. That's the series.

Yep...like all Trotz teams, if you get the first goal on them, you have a good chance to win and get them out of their game...when the Pens beat the Caps in 2016-17, we did it by getting first goals more often than in 2018...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It were me, i play your full lineup on Saturday.
Max change being AJ in for a mucker.
Theres something to play for and the 1 more game of gel'ing is needed.
Other than that, let the chips fall where they may...

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It were me, i play your full lineup on Saturday.
Theres something to play for and the 1 more game of gel'ing is needed.
Other than that, let the chips fall where they may...

Yeah, and maybe if game is out of reach in either direction, then you run your 3rd and 4th more often in the third period.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, and maybe if game is out of reach in either direction, then you run your 3rd and 4th more often in the third period.
If it's 4-0 in the 1st and Crosby got his 2 points I only run my 3rd and 4th line the rest of the game and use PP1 the whole 2 minutes.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'd prefer the Isles to the Caps, but I'll be damned if I'm as confident against the Isles are many others seem to be. They're a good team, they're playing with a colossal chip on their shoulder, and Trotz knows the Penguins extremely well. You know for sure Geno's going to have a stick in his ribs from the puck drop in game one.

Kempny out is pretty big for Washington too, but they still scare me more than the Isles. But the Isles are not going to be a pushover.

Caps have Oshie. He scares me more than any other player in the playoffs.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It was about a month ago or so where I shit on MM, and his inability to be consistent in net, and him not playing with confidence.

All he's done since then is be one of, if not the best, goalie in the NHL. I couldn't be happier that he shut me up on that account.

So basically you all can thank me now for the reverse jinx.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I hate him purely because he reminds me of Holden Caufield. And **** The Catcher in the Rye. It was so far from edgy to me. Hated reading that dreck. ****in phoney.
This has to be one of the most stream-of-conscience, weird twists as well as the most passionate hate I've heard against an author I've read on theses boards. This truly comes from the soul, let me buy you a beer.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Weird how our team suddenly scores when you put nearly twenty million in payroll back on it.
I don't completely buy into that. Even without those guys we gotta score more than we did. Two goals or less in six of our last ten? That's a bit concerning IMO and speaks to how top heavy we are. Granted we're better after the trades, but we need more consistency in scoring beyond our stars.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We are in!

-the piece of trash Red Wings fan sitting next to me that spilled his spit cup on my shoes. Go back to your **** bag city.
Why did he have a spit cup?

And yuck! That wouldn't have went over well with me. Did he apologize?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't completely buy into that. Even without those guys we gotta score more than we did. Two goals or less in six of our last ten? That's a bit concerning IMO and speaks to how top heavy we are. Granted we're better after the trades, but we need more consistency in scoring beyond our stars.

Since Feb 1
Jake - 31 GP - 15 G
Sid - 31 GP - 12 G
McCann - 31 GP - 11 G
Bjugstad - 31 GP - 8 G
Malkin - 17 GP - 7 G
Teddy - 21 GP - 6 G
Kessel - 31 GP - 6 G
Rust - 22 GP - 6 G

That is 7 of our forwards on pace for 20 Gs or more in an 82 game season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad