Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Red Wings 1 - The Playoffs Edition

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This will be an interesting post game analysis because i have not read a single thing about the game.

++++ Murray: My #1 star of the night. I thought he was a stud. Absolute stud. He was the reason we won, IMO. That was the most Matty Ice game i've ever seen.

++++ Sid/Kessel/Geno/Letang: All the main stars were stars. There were some areas of improvement for Sid/Geno, but I loved how they all worked. Hell just seeing Letang on the ice is solid.

Kessel especially. I counted 5 individual times he came back and helped on defense and stopped grade A scoring chances. FIVE. Phil Kessel. FIVE. That is insane. Great game by Phil and not even for his points.

++++ Bertuzzi: Weird Up here but I noticed he was specifically soft on Letang multiple times where he could have lined him up. That guy usually doesn't take those chances lightly. I thought he was playing safe to Letang. Maybe i'm making it up but I specifically noticed it in the 3rd period. I've seen that dude run wild before. Whatever made him slow down tonight, I'm thankful for it. He could have run Letang a couple times and didn't.

++ I loved Rusty/McCann. I loved Bjugs. Simon is an up/down for me. I just really liked how the boys played.

- Maatta: This is my only down. I don't think he's good and he's slower than ever.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Does anyone like Jay Caufield? I swear this guy gets louder and dumber by the day. Why does he keep yelling at me?

Reactions: BillPrep

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I gotta get in playoff shape. I might have a heart attack if we play the capitals round 1. my heart can't take this stuff.

What do you guys figure game 1 will be? Tuesday / Wednesday maaaaaaaaaaybe thursday?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The only thing I really care about Saturday, now that we’re in the POs with no chance of seeing TB, is staying healthy...good lord, no more injuries! The hockey gods have already taken a pound of flesh out on us...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Does anyone like Jay Caufield? I swear this guy gets louder and dumber by the day. Why does he keep yelling at me?

I hate him purely because he reminds me of Holden Caufield. And f*** The Catcher in the Rye. It was so far from edgy to me. Hated reading that dreck. f***in phoney.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Scary to think that, if we had a pretty healthy bill of health for the better half of the season, we could have been a lot closer to WSH than we are.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Only small critique on Sid... i thought he was waaaay overpassing tonight. Passed up some crazy good chances. And it wasn't just to Jake. Especially on the powerplay.

Reactions: Lustaf

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
This will be an interesting post game analysis because i have not read a single thing about the game.

++++ Murray: My #1 star of the night. I thought he was a stud. Absolute stud. He was the reason we won, IMO. That was the most Matty Ice game i've ever seen.

++++ Sid/Kessel/Geno/Letang: All the main stars were stars. There were some areas of improvement for Sid/Geno, but I loved how they all worked. Hell just seeing Letang on the ice is solid.

Kessel especially. I counted 5 individual times he came back and helped on defense and stopped grade A scoring chances. FIVE. Phil Kessel. FIVE. That is insane. Great game by Phil and not even for his points.

++++ Bertuzzi: Weird Up here but I noticed he was specifically soft on Letang multiple times where he could have lined him up. That guy usually doesn't take those chances lightly. I thought he was playing safe to Letang. Maybe i'm making it up but I specifically noticed it in the 3rd period. I've seen that dude run wild before. Whatever made him slow down tonight, I'm thankful for it. He could have run Letang a couple times and didn't.

++ I loved Rusty/McCann. I loved Bjugs. Simon is an up/down for me. I just really liked how the boys played.

- Maatta: This is my only down. I don't think he's good and he's slower than ever.

Maatta had a very solid game.

Board has some sick twisted vendetta vs maatta.

Weird to give him the only minus, when Schultz was brutal.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
nXU7EOP.jpg

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
*Doesn't like Phil*

But he was great tonight. To score on a signature wrister was great, and he was offensively dangerous. In addition, he gave a high level of effort defensively. Hope he keeps it up! Sincerely.

+++Playoff Murray is showing up. That's the biggest thing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Good thing Geno came back for the last 2 games. Because he looks super rusty.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Jake hitting 40 goals, Letang and Geno getting more game action to get their rhythm back, etc.

In terms of playoff implications, the Rangers game is next to meaningless. But these guys still have some things they want to do though, I'm sure.

Letang looked great tonight. Some bad reads, but he was very impressive given his comments yesterday.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Will DeSmith play Saturday? Yes, there’s something to play for but maybe not as important as making sure Murr is rested and healthy...wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Letang run by the Rags...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
*Doesn't like Phil*

But he was great tonight. To score on a signature wrister was great, and he was offensively dangerous. In addition, he gave a high level of effort defensively. Hope he keeps it up! Sincerely.

+++Playoff Murray is showing up. That's the biggest thing.

2 signature goals.
The wrister was the main one and standing on the weak side of the net on the powerplay.

icon6668

Jul 22, 2012
Both teams only have 42 ROW. We also have a better +/-. If we win Saturday and the Isles lose, we're the #2 seed.

NHL Page says its GD between the tied clubs before total season GD.
We have them by +1 over the the 4 meetings. 1 win and 1 SO win each
Pens 13 G
Isles 12 G
so if we end same points we'll go above, but still play them anyway just have hom eice is that correct?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Will DeSmith play Saturday? Yes, there’s something to play for but maybe not as important as making sure Murr is rested and healthy...wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Letang run by the Rags...
Also who will be in net for the rags. They play CBJ tomorrow and pens saturday.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Also who will be in net for the rags. They play CBJ tomorrow and pens saturday.

I think Henrik will play one of them and maybe both...I think they’re trying to get him his 450th win...although unlikely to happen playing CLB and PIT b2b

Reactions: shoplifter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad