Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
This is a true statement lol. I wanted to have a full free weekend to spend time with family. And I f***ing miss the greatest game. Dammit.

Don’t jinx us with a late discovered injury!

lMQ7iaa.gif

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Last game was the end of the era, blow the team up, and this game we're a Cup contender. Never change HF. It was a good game and shows the potential of the team when the lines are MORE in sync and when they play as a team instead of individuals for 60 minutes. It's about consistency and until they find it we're just a perimeter team on the outside looking in. Pixies mentioned what he saw from L2 was commitment; I think that's it. That line was fighting to make it work for eachother and you saw that from the team too. I'm concerned about goaltending and the fourth line, and I'm not sure L1 is going to work out. Sullivan took an infuriatingly long time to make any change and I still think he's an issue, but it was a good win.

Reactions: ownal

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
+ Matheson, obviously
+ Rust
+ Jarry

- Guentzel. I think worst game I’ve seen him play this year. He was the problem on L1, that and Kappy adjusting to Sid.
- Jank. I wanted to be optimistic, but he is awful and a big problem with the bad PK as well. I would love to run Blugs/ZAR and McCann/Kappy on the PK.
- Matt Martin

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I’m glad Jarry got a good win. I’m still concerned about how much blue paint I see in front of him, rather than blue paint behind him. I hope he uses this game as a catalyst to get his confidence being rebuilt. Because if he was challenging the puck and loosing, that’s one thing, but sitting in the net and loosing is another. Hopefully he uses this game to turn a corner.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Man the Islander fans are really riled up about the Matheson hit on Barzal. Then, it’s lol stuff like Malkin and Crosby are generational bitches, Crosby should have gotten third man in, I want to see someone knock Malkin out cold, we need to dress some goons...really hard not to troll them.

Reactions: domaug

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Man the Islander fans are really riled up about the Matheson hit on Barzal. Then, it’s lol stuff like Malkin and Crosby are generational bitches, Crosby should have gotten third man in, I want to see someone knock Malkin out cold, we need to dress some goons...really hard not to troll them.

That hit was a penalty but it was really nothing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Matheson injured Boychuk and threw a dirty stick on Nelson in last year’s playoffs.

Reactions: domaug

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Gonna be very interesting decision once Dumo is back. He is gonna be played, that´s for sure, for better or worse. Matheson is a lock to play too, as he should be and his ice-time suggests that too. Gonna be between Petts and POJ. I really like POJ, even if he came back to Earth, he is still very solid. I would scratch Petts but it is a tough tough call. And a close one. Maybe to scratch Ceci instead? He is playing very well too and is a RD so I don´t see that. Tough decision, I almost wish that Dumo doesn´t come back, we don´t miss him at all now as it is.
You can already see Sullivan’s influence on POJ. The kid is playing a more safe and boring game than he was a few weeks ago.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It was fantastic that Jarry only allowed one goal tonight.

Matheson looked good as well.

Go Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad