Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Next game is vital. Going 3-1 this homestand would be a huge step forward. Can't lose next game. It would negate tonight. Got to find a way.

That's a very structured team over there. A win saturday could set us up for a run. Let's hope so.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I propose these as the default Mikey Maths celebration gifs for when he does good things.

b4a16f42884b20c45e725bded4ceeef8.gif

giphy.gif

Where is @Randy Butternubs to appreciate these choice ass gifs

Also this when he does bad.

3Rdcclq.gif

Dreenbinking

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Gonna be very interesting decision once Dumo is back. He is gonna be played, that´s for sure, for better or worse. Matheson is a lock to play too, as he should be and his ice-time suggests that too. Gonna be between Petts and POJ. I really like POJ, even if he came back to Earth, he is still very solid. I would scratch Petts but it is a tough tough call. And a close one. Maybe to scratch Ceci instead? He is playing very well too and is a RD so I don´t see that. Tough decision, I almost wish that Dumo doesn´t come back, we don´t miss him at all now as it is.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He’s a player I’d move Pettersson + for.

Dumo-Ceci would work. And yeah Pets is more in keeping with the age Poile would be looking to acquire. The + would have to be decent for him to bite.

I'm okay too with someone who can play C/W, the type who could slide into the top 6 when called upon (leaving McCann as your other bottom 6 C) but also play that role and let you slide McCann to W.

Gonna be very interesting decision once Dumo is back. He is gonna be played, that´s for sure, for better or worse. Matheson is a lock to play too, as he should be and their ice-times suggest that too. Gonna be between Petts and POJ. I really like POJ, even if he came back to Earth, he is still very solid. I would scratch Petts but it is a tough tough call. And a close one. Maybe to scratch Ceci instead? He is playing very well too and is a RD so I don´t see that. Tough decision, I almost wish that Dumo doesn´t come back, we don´t miss him at all now as it is.

Don't know how you sit POJ. I think you look to make your LD for swiss army knife/warrior type forward move.

Part of me thinks they already are . . .

Reactions: Trade

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Gonna be very interesting decision once Dumo is back. He is gonna be played, that´s for sure, for better or worse. Matheson is a lock to play too, as he should be and their ice-times suggest that too. Gonna be between Petts and POJ. I really like POJ, even if he came back to Earth, he is still very solid. I would scratch Petts but it is a tough tough call. And a close one. Maybe to scratch Ceci instead? He is playing very well too and is a RD so I don´t see that. Tough decision, I almost wish that Dumo doesn´t come back, we don´t miss him at all now as it is.
I hope they move on from Dumo. He'd be a good trade chip and we want to keep a younger core on the blue line anyhow. Provided these guys continue at or near their current levels of play.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
How much heat would Matheson be taking if that penalty opened up the floodgates for the Isles? :laugh:

And no, I wasn't stuck in a Tim Horton's line. I've decided to boycott them since they stopped producing plain Timbits.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Also, let's make on thing clear: no references to drug usage or comments of that nature. Any "Math head" comments will get you a warning. You guys are great, but that's something we absolutely cannot make light of.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The issue is he’s a big body and doesn’t use it to his advantage in the d-zone, but I agree he’s very good at the modern separate man from puck stick plays. He also surprisingly hasn’t taken too many stupid penalties. I kinda dug what he did to Barzal tonight.

He’s going to have warts or he would be an 8m blueliner, but that’s what I expected (a flawed blueliner).

However, he hasn’t really done anything to deserve so much hate, so it’s a weird vibe around him up in here.

Reactions: Gurglesons

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
His skating is trap breaking level stuff.

EDIT: Wilder still is your boy Ceci. :laugh:

Ceci is what we hoped JJ was going to be. I steady veteran defensman to play on the bottom pairing and move up when injuries happen. 2 of his best games was when he had to play 22+ and 24+ minutes. At $1.25 million he is a steal. Pens defensman are so deep when everyone is healthy. This is probably the deepest quality defensman group I have seen during the Crosby era. When all is healthy you on the LD side you have to chose between POJ and Pettersson to sit is crazy depth.

For those saying to trade Dumoulin. I don't see management doing it unless it is a gross overpayment. Having the defensive depth will almost assuredly be needed at some time and maybe during the playoffs.

McCann is not getting his spot back. So who is the 4th line with McCann? ZAR with 4 points in 4 games with a point in every game. He definitely has improved his skating.

Blueger is a great 3C! 3rd line is strong and fine for playoffs and built to play playoff hockey. 4th line is a 4th line and certainly not a major need with the minutes they will play. Hopefully McCann helps that lines production but with this defense healthy and those top 3 lines we will be fine if Jarry gets going.

Last edited:

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Dare I say this roster is a Cup contender when healthy? Especially if they keep playing with some semblance of a system.

McCann and EROD would add so much to our bottom 6. Find ourselves a nice swiss-army knife skater who can slot-in over DOC, Laff and Jank. I don’t wanna see any of them outside of injuries.

Jake-Sid-Kap
Zucker-G-Rust
BART
Kunitz*-McCann-EROD

:naughty:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s going to have warts or he would be an 8m blueliner, but that’s what I expected (a flawed blueliner).

However, he hasn’t really done anything to deserve so much hate, so it’s a weird vibe around him up in here.

I think it’s because of Hornqvist’s impact on Florida and the contract.

But as you and I and some others were saying all summer. We did nothing with Hornqvist in a top nine role so why not try something different and see what happens?

And as my point has always been. Contracts can always been moved.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So, apparently @ColePens did NOT watch the game and was working out instead.

And, as previously noted, @AlphaMikeFoxtrots watched on delay.

@Scandale du Jour, @BHD . . . since you're the other mods, might I suggest that both be banned from watching live and posting during the game until the Pens stop playing well? :D
This is a true statement lol. I wanted to have a full free weekend to spend time with family. And I f***ing miss the greatest game. Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad