Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Penguins' started by KIRK, Feb 18, 2021.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Master Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    the less skill [we are talking bottom 6],the more you need a good system. and you guys can fill in the rest.:laugh:

2. Big Friggin Dummy Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Go with what we have, save the assets. We're not on the cusp of making a run, and nothing we need is within our budget anymore after spending big for years. No picks, no prospects, and the tradeable assets like Dumo, McCann and Petts don't land us anything significant enough to move the needle, imo.

Stick with the current group unless something dirt cheap falls into your lap, hope your two centers get their heads out of their asses when the playoffs roll around. We're not a team to be buying rentals anymore.

3. ncm7772 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Well, to their defense, one decent game doesn't make up for 14 (or however many games they played before last night) games where he has been largely sphincter. Yes, last night was a step in the right direction, but let's not act like we still aren't concerned about Zucker.

4. ncm7772 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Plus he's a robot even by NHL standards in interviews :laugh:. I know that shouldn't bother me, but it kind of does.

So looking at stats, he has zero points in 9 games, and is a -5. That's...not good. I'll be livid if he's not the first one scratched when McCann and/or ERod returns.

CascadiaPenguin likes this.
  5. ncm7772 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I think that could be decent. Certainly not outstanding, but w/o a doubt better than the current product.

6. Sidgeni Malkby Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Crap for crap swaps works, as long as it doesn't cost us cap space. I mean at some point you can get somebody that costs us extra cap space, but you can only play those gambles so many times.

I wonder with the emergence of POJ, and Matheson whether we will reduce some of the extra D we have lying around (aka Ruhwedel).

7. CrosbyMalkin Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Poulin and Legare would go way before Letang. I could care less if we use any of our prospects or picks if it is for a player that is young and with term. Since we have the expansion draft I would look for a forward in the Marino situation that isn't exposed to the draft. I would pay a premium on a player like that. Dumoulin and Poulin for ??? If a young proven forward is available for that I would be willing to pay that price. Any option that would just make us expose him or out current 7th best option to save which I believe is Blueger just doesn't make sense. We would just be exposing that person in the summer. McCann could be used also in a deal instead of Poulin. I just am not big on prospects. You can find many great ones and add them when they are ready to perform or you believe they are close like we have with Pettersson, Marino, and POJ to the defense or Kapanen, O'Connor, ZAR, and other forward additions. I have seen way too many busts through the years and in fact more than half of the Pens 1st round picks outside the top 5 are busts. Give me the sure thing like a Kapanen or Zucker any day unless we are talking top 5 pick although I have seen several of those not turn out great either.

8. Pens x Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    If you don’t factor in the **** show first two games where all of the clowns scored for some reason, Tanev is only on an 18 point pace since those two games.

I believe you trashed BART last year, so why is it suddenly okay now? If they keep scoring a goal per game, fine, but when they regress back to reality, it’s a weak third IMO, especially when your fourth line is a disgrace.

9. Gurglesons Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    I never trashed BART. I said Sullivan needs to make the top six work rather than sticking with BART.

Removing two games where a player had 3 points usually effects their production.

ncm7772 likes this.
  10. Sidney the Kidney Missing Link

SB Cash:
    $ 42,756
    I think BART can work as a third line if we've got a solid 3b line to go along with them (ie. two low end 3rd lines) that can produce semi-consistently. I think our bottom six will be hurting if BART is the 3rd line and our 4th line is utter crap that contributes nothing offensively.

canadianguy77 likes this.
  11. canadianguy77 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    BART being effective offensively the last 4 games has everything to do with a different ZAR. If this is who he really is, I don’t think we have much to worry about with that line because you know exactly what you’re getting with Teddy and Tanev game in and game out.

vodeni and Tacitus Kilgore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.