Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

4ym969.jpg

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

He’s been a pleasant for me surprise so far. I keep waiting for him to turn back into a pumpkin, but maybe he won’t. He definitely looks like he’s stronger and maybe a half a step quicker. Now if he could stop throwing low percentage shots on the net with no one around, and maybe look for a pass in those instances, I’d have zero complaints about his game, But all in all, a really good start to this season for him.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
So, apparently @ColePens did NOT watch the game and was working out instead.

And, as previously noted, @AlphaMikeFoxtrots watched on delay.

@Scandale du Jour, @BHD . . . since you're the other mods, might I suggest that both be banned from watching live and posting during the game until the Pens stop playing well? :D

How dare you, I have voluntarily put myself in timeout!

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think this board is bipolar. One game its we suck, rip it all down and the next game everyone is back on the bandwagon. Let's wait more than 2 or 3 games before we anoint Matheson our lord and savior too.
I think it’s more of a collective sigh of relief that Sullivan finally did something with the first 2 lines.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
lol everyone is so high off of the team's first clear victory.

Last game was the end of the era, blow the team up, and this game we're a Cup contender. Never change HF. It was a good game and shows the potential of the team when the lines are MORE in sync and when they play as a team instead of individuals for 60 minutes. It's about consistency and until they find it we're just a perimeter team on the outside looking in. Pixies mentioned what he saw from L2 was commitment; I think that's it. That line was fighting to make it work for eachother and you saw that from the team too. I'm concerned about goaltending and the fourth line, and I'm not sure L1 is going to work out. Sullivan took an infuriatingly long time to make any change and I still think he's an issue, but it was a good win.

I mean, you want, we can just go back to being insufferable? Or I mean...can we be happy once in awhile?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think this board is bipolar. One game its we suck, rip it all down and the next game everyone is back on the bandwagon. Let's wait more than 2 or 3 games before we anoint Matheson our lord and savior too.

I mean. I think most of us have said we think this has potential to be a great roster the issue is they play 10 bad minutes most nights. PIT just played a complete game against the system that @KIRK eloquently said has made Sullivan it’s bitch.

G1 we should’ve won. G2 we rallied and won. And now we handily beat them in G3.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Their fancy numbers are insane too, for any line but it’s amplified more as a defensively deployed line and let’s multiply it some more as they aren’t sheltered at all.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick
It’s bananas. I hope it continues but I doubt it will.

If we could somehow flip a dman for a top 9 forward, BART would be a great 4th mins.

Going from our clown fourth line to BART?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If we could somehow flip a dman for a top 9 forward, BART would be a great 4th mins.

Tbh. With how good BART is and has been without JJ and Schultz behind them I don’t know why you wouldn’t want them on the ice more. They look like a younger version of the Isles “4th line”. Which also was always the 3rd line.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

It’s Bang Bang BART right now. We can build a 3A&B lines. We are going to trade a D man so that should bring back a decent depth forward/tweener type.

SkeletalImmediateHusky-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad