Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think this board is bipolar. One game its we suck, rip it all down and the next game everyone is back on the bandwagon. Let's wait more than 2 or 3 games before we anoint Matheson our lord and savior too.

If Matheson is getting too much love for once, whatever.

He deserves some extra love considering dude has been treated like he’s walking around with a “kick me” sign since he got traded to the Pens,

Anyone with a shred of common sense understands how we ultimately judge him will be a marathon and not a sprint.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Kinda sucks Lafferty isn’t very good. Have an effective 4th line and we in business.

To be fair with the injuries, it's more like L1, L2, L3, and L5...

DOC, JANK, LAFF... I think the chart said it best "DULL" With the CAP and new management, I could see them waiting on a healthy McCann and ERod before doing anything.

I'm pretty sure the Coaches know we don't have many options because they only played about 6 min of ES.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To be fair with the injuries, it's more like L1, L2, L3, and L5...

DOC, JANK, LAFF... I think the chart said it best "DULL" With the CAP and new management, I could see them waiting on a healthy McCann and ERod before doing anything.

I'm pretty sure the Coaches know we don't have many options because they only played about 6 min of ES.

Yeah I think DOC - McCann - Rodrigues will be a nice little 8-10 minute a night 4th line.

Reactions: ncm7772

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Wait, when did the Islanders fanbase turn into Philly? Holy shit the comments on our stars are nuts. "Malkin is a special ed guy from Ukraine" like when did they start dragging knuckles?

Every fanbase has people like that, it's just the mods on the Isles board don't care to stop them. So it's open season to say whatever they want without consequences.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Yeah I think DOC - McCann - Rodrigues will be a nice little 8-10 minute a night 4th line.

That's exactly what I think they are waiting for. Not much you can do, knock on wood, maybe we get to deal with our injuries early.

And we got an extra or two for the game maintenance day or two.

Oh, BTW, did you notice the ice time? Finally...

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

O’Connor will likely be scratched, and Jankowski will be in (not here to argue whether that’s right or not, I just think that happens). But a McCann/Jankowski/ERod 4th line would certainly be an improvement over that abomination they’re currently icing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
O’Connor will likely be scratched, and Jankowski will be in (not here to argue whether that’s right or not, I just think that happens). But a McCann/Jankowski/ERod 4th line would certainly be an improve Sgt over that abomination they’re currently icing.

Yeah, I think people will be really surprised by ERod in a 4th line role. He was very good for us in one last year.

Reactions: ncm7772

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tbh. With how good BART is and has been without JJ and Schultz behind them I don’t know why you wouldn’t want them on the ice more. They look like a younger version of the Isles “4th line”. Which also was always the 3rd line.
I see them as our third line.

They are our third line and the most consistent line this team has had for over a season now.

Reactions: Gurglesons

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
There are definitely some high quality cool posters on the Islander board. I remember during the cup years a couple of the mods were very knowledgeable and nice.

Even Philly has some good posters and mods.

Right, I mean I’m not saying they’re all like that, just going by commonalities I see on message boards. Which I know isn’t the best place to judge!

I loathe Philly fans, but you’re right, there are some decent ones. Have had pleasant, logical conversations with a few. Can’t say that about TBL fans. They’re my least favorite!

Mods, sorry to go off topic....

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
You talking Letang getting dropped to 2nd pairing duty at 5v5?

I was thinking that was just from him getting partially injured after that collision but I think the top 3 lines were the same amount of time and the defense was very similar.

I think we were on some threads about the 29 mins a night. Just not good for any player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
It's hilarious how much shorter these threads are after a win vs. after a loss.

+Matheson was fantastic.
+Sully finally making top six changes.
+Malkin was more like Malkin than he's been all year.
+Teodors Blugars is a very good NHL 3C. If you make a trade proposal thread to improve in this area, I will ridicule you because you are dumb.
-This team doesn't have the pieces in its system to ice an NHL-calibre fourth line.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean. I think most of us have said we think this has potential to be a great roster the issue is they play 10 bad minutes most nights. PIT just played a complete game against the system that @KIRK eloquently said has made Sullivan it’s bitch.

G1 we should’ve won. G2 we rallied and won. And now we handily beat them in G3.
Well, we did have a couple breakdowns. We gave two 2 on 1s in like thirtyseconds. We also nearly let in a shorty. So, while for the most part we played a sound game, there were moments that could have seriously compromised our chances. But you got to be riding with ''Lady Luck'' sometimes. ''Freeway cars and trucks''!

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I would give more of a shit about alleged dirty hits that Penguin players deliver if I hadn't had to read dozens of main board threads about how the clearly dirty hit a Penguins player received was actually fine because f*** the Penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad