Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Islanders 1 - What The **** Was That?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Wait, when did the Islanders fanbase turn into Philly? Holy shit the comments on our stars are nuts. "Malkin is a special ed guy from Ukraine" like when did they start dragging knuckles?
Umm, like forever. Nassau Coliseum and the fans have been the worst in hockey for as long as I can remember. Mean, mad, usually drunk LI, Brooklyn, Queens folk with ginormous chips on their shoulders. Horrific visiting fan experience. With that said, the venue has "character" like the igloo, old Garden, or Joe Louis Arena, and would be fun in a charged game if one was a NYI fan. But yeah, Islanders are Philly without the good stuff...

Reactions: Ignatius

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Umm, like forever. Nassau Coliseum and the fans have been the worst in hockey for as long as I can remember. Mean, mad, usually drunk LI, Brooklyn, Queens folk with ginormous chips on their shoulders. Horrific visiting fan experience. With that said, the venue has "character" like the igloo, old Garden, or Joe Louis Arena, and would be fun in a charged game if one was a NYI fan. But yeah, Islanders are Philly without the good stuff...

So.....go as an independent observer when they play the Rangers...just remember to buy an Isles tshirt from a scalper in the parking lot before entering?

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
So.....go as an independent observer when they play the Rangers...just remember to buy an Isles tshirt from a scalper in the parking lot before entering?
So, it seems obvious the Isles will be coming hard against Matheson on Saturday. I remember seeing the Boychuk collision last year, but it didn't seem so awful. Math was skating backwards, right? And, it was fast as as heck. Maybe I don't catch the nuance, was that a dirty hit? **** Martin in any case, tho his longevity and toughness is respectable. Admittedly, I'd probably like him in a Pens sweater. Just not with Sully.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah, mathematics is a terrible gateway drug to education.

afafaf.png

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The Matheson hate has been one of the stranger phenomenons I’ve seen around here in years.

Dude has only had two bad game all season and people just hated him and I never understood what the deal was...

He has the skill set this team has been searching for since Daley left, so I honestly thought people would be a falling over backwards to be patient with him.

Beyond his obvious talents. I’ve been really impressed with his stick in the defensive zone.

It's because we traded Swedish Muscle Daddy and people have weird hangups about that. If the trade was Faces of Math for... say, McCann+, people would have likely been fine with it.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Well, well, well, I guess some team was really yelled at after quitting around minute 15 in the previous game. Good bounce-back, guys, though it took Jarry standing on his head to make the final score look like a really comfortable win rather than the usual nail-biter. Geno seemed to have woken up after his trademark dumb turnover on the PP almost led to a SHG, I hope he builds on that because we really need the real Geno. Everyone working hard, creating tons of chances, nice forecheck and Matheson is looking like Letang of all out there. Very nice to see but we shouldn't forget all the chances the Isles missed.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Course I missed the good game.

Would just like to say - can't really blame people here for being a bit bipolar when the team is a bit bipolar :laugh: Hopefully these are building blocks after a slow start, rather than just another twist in the rollercoaster.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Devils are looking scary btw.

I felt like I was taking crazy pills yesterday when people told me they felt good about the Penguins "because they had a bunch of games against the Devils coming up."

When has this team ever played great against New Jersey aside from the 1999 playoffs?

I think it was Rupp or Weekes who constantly say "Don't sleep on this team. They look really good." So I think the Sabres and Devils could do damage to us when people believe we should walk through them. This isn't the prime of the Pens. These younger teams are going to frustrate us and I could see us being like .500 against these teams.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it was Rupp or Weekes who constantly say "Don't sleep on this team. They look really good." So I think the Sabres and Devils could do damage to us when people believe we should walk through them. This isn't the prime of the Pens. These younger teams are going to frustrate us and I could see us being like .500 against these teams.

Eh the Sabres are pretty horrible at this point.

I think people are underrating the Devils, but the Sabres are really, really bad. IMO the Penguins should be shredding the Rangers and Sabres whenever they play them.

Reactions: Turin

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yea the Devils are buzzing. They are only 3 points behind us, and have played 4 less games. I’m sure they would be ahead of us if we played the same number of games.

I don’t think games against the Devils will be easy. The Sabres are kinda garbage. The Devils always seem to play against the Pens well, and we all know Sully can’t handle coaching against these types of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad