Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Coyotes 2 (OT) - Geno Still Sucks, Just Not As Much With Sheahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I don't know the last game Geno was 14:3 in scoring chances, 6:1 in high danger chances, 8-2 in the faceoff circle, was credited with 6 shots, probably attempted in total a dozen or so, and looked this strong on his skates.

I just hope at long last THIS TIME it's a sign that he's turning the corner. We'll know in, oh, about 21 hours . . .

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everyone says Hags was perfect for Geno but maybe Hags would have been perfect for Brassard. If Brass plays like he does tonight, a defensive speedy grinder like Hags could have helped him defensively. I am very scared of seeing Brass play 2 way hockey in the postseason. He's just too passive. But having that Hags like support could have been something.

Just a weird random thought.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
did not like last 10 minutes in the third. No reasons to give up on supporting zone exit, skating and supporting, instead just stretch passes, icing, dumping, it did not help that the first line got hemmed in their zone...
third line looked good but really dangerous, a lot of possession but too far out of the kitchen, don't recall any good chances
Geno six shots thats good, happy with the smile ear to ear also good, still too much standing on the blue line or going deep into our zone to fish out the puck and not too much support

Riikola must stay in the line up

Defense did good job boxing them and keeping them out

If our first line goes cold we may be in trouble

Play Murray tomorrow

Our 1st pairing D and top line had a real stinker tonight. Those are up to par and the 3rd period looks alot different.
They're getting Horny back, i'd slot him on L3 and bump Pearson or Simon up with G-Phil.
I know Pearson-G-Phil looked iffy aways back when Pearson first got here but it'll look better if G-Phil play like they did tonight.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Pearson/Simon-G-Phil
Pearson/Simon-Brass-Horny
Sheahan-Cullen-Blandisi

is what i'd do.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I don't know the last game Geno was 14:3 in scoring chances, 6:1 in high danger chances, 8-2 in the faceoff circle, was credited with 6 shots, probably attempted in total a dozen or so, and looked this strong on his skates.

I just hope at long last THIS TIME it's a sign that he's turning the corner. We'll know in, oh, about 21 hours . . .

Wonder what happens with the lines if Horny really does come back for the VGK game?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Love how Dan and Jay were alluding to Riikola playing 3v3. I mean he has to be better than JJ there.

Even Army saying that Oleksiak should be the odd man out.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
DAYUM Kessel on that backcheck. Like Eerey said Stepan had a head start and Phil still caught him and stripped him. Outstanding

So happy to hear Riikola had a great game and that Blandisi was useful. And that Pearson/Brass/Simon had a good unit.

Brassard was good, please stay that way because him playing well at $3M is the best deal or deadline deal they will find. No trade can match that value.

A brass turnaround, at this point, would be a story for the ages. He’s contract year and the trade market for him has got to be limited. If he gets back to the player he was in Ottawa he absolutely does represent a better player than we can get out there from trading him and then trading for someone else. The likes of Ferland are gonna be steep to acquire.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Its a no-brainer to keep Brassard if he continously shows effort like he did tonight.

Maybe he's finally read the rumors and what JR had to say, and is going to get back to competing.

There's still some time to see what Brassard we're going to get from here on until the tdl. I hope he's had an epiphany and plays like he did tonight. The results will come if he does.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Its a no-brainer to keep Brassard if he continously shows effort like he did tonight.

Maybe he's finally read the rumors and what JR had to say, and is going to get back to competing.

There's still some time to see what Brassard we're going to get from here on until the tdl. I hope he's had an epiphany and plays like he did tonight. The results will come if he does.
if you have a player that plays like garbage until he hears trade rumors, that is EXACTLY NOT the type of player you want on your team nor the type of player you win with. BYE!

Reactions: Still Apps

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Rutherford has been calling him out for months and the media has been saying the Pens are sick of him for months.

Reactions: BHD

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I honestly think that is the death knell for Oleksiak.

I'll wait to see what they do once the Pens lose with Riikola dressed. If they stick with him win, lose, or OTL for a handful of games then I might believe it.

In any case, good time to win considering Washington and Columbus lost tonight. Gained on both of them, and put more space between themselves and Buffalo as well.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think they'll mess with Geno's line or Brassard's It's the best they've looked in a while.

Probably...and let’s be honest, we’re all deluding ourselves if we think Wilson will be out of the lineup when Horny returns...it’ll likely be the new guy

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Whatever happens tomorrow, I don’t want to see that 3rd line broken up.

The past two games have been Brassards best back to back games all year.

I said on the main board that he was having a great game and that the trade rumors have either lot a fire underneath him or he’s playing well to show teams he still has it.

Whatever the reason he has turned it on, it’s great for the Penguins. They will either get more from a trade for him or he will stay and help this team win.

I’d hate to screw with that line after it worked so well tonight.

The first line seemed to be the worst of them all. Crosby seemed a little lackluster tonight. Rust still is given golden opportunities and fails to finish.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
What the hell was Johnson doing out there 3 on 3 and what the hell was that 4 on 3 powerplay. They came up with one single idea and it was Kessel tipping a Crosby point shot after 90 seconds? That was super lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce