Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Coyotes 2 (OT) - Geno Still Sucks, Just Not As Much With Sheahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
+Cullen --- face offs like a beast
+Riikola --- nuff said
+++Phil --- guy was hustling all night long. slick pass receptions slick dishes gwg. 1st star.

- Brassard --- cause of his effort
- Some turnovers and bad plays by a few players whom I won't name because that is just how it the game goes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ A win. Thought it was actually a solid played game by both teams. Arizona did have tremendous job with puck support and d-support. I thought they played a very solid game. Pens did their thing, too.

+++ Geno: I'm giving multiple pluses because he played as simple a game i've ever seen him play. Much stronger on his skates.

++ Sid: I actually thought Rust/Jake let him down a bit tonight. He was flying and the other guys really weren't.

++ Riikola! Come on. We already know. I love his gap and how he makes himself useful for his mates. And that shot is beaut.

+ Murray: Thought Mur had a terrific game. Very simple. Made solid saves.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
++ Sid: I actually thought Rust/Jake let him down a bit tonight. He was flying and the other guys really weren't.

I love Guentzel but sometimes he floats a bit out there. Not always, but he has his games where he's just coasting waiting to tap in rebounds or tip pucks home. In fairness, he's got the talent to be a ghost and still score 2 goals. But it'd be nice sometimes to see more compete from him.

There are games where he's incredibly competitive, but he does have those games where he's absolutely invisible unless he's scoring.

Reactions: Freedom

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Winning is more fun than losing. And mixing an imperial stout, a belgian quad, and cold medicine is really interesting. I'm alert and drowsy at the same time.
tenor.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- Brassard --- cause of his effort
- Some turnovers and bad plays by a few players whom I won't name because that is just how it the game goes.

Dislike this post greatly. Brassard deserves the shit for his past games, but you are making him pay for his effort now? Come on, now. That's not analyzing the game properly.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Refs waited from the first period to give a true even up of a four on three.

Nice of the Pens to give Tocchet a solid with a point.

Only bad thing was the Pens are gonna believe 82 passes before shooting on the power play is justified now that it worked.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
that PP at the end was an abomination, Geno literally didn't bother moving at all after turning the puck over, luckily Kessel hustled back to stop the breakaway...

The PP badly need an injection of some testosterone...it needs to get a little horny.

Like the Yoties feed callers said, why is it a 4 on 3? I'd love to see it 3 on 2.
Why do they keep a man a we gain a man? They should lose one, it should be 3 on 2. Why clog the ice back up when it is so exciting with 3v3?
Stupid rule.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Definitely a plus to Brassard tonight. He earned it. I thought he was really solid. Forgot to give a plus to that 4th line. I really love Cully's game right now.
Yep, Cullen had a very strong game himself, no question he's played well since coming back.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Dislike this post greatly. Brassard deserves the **** for his past games, but you are making him pay for his effort now? Come on, now. That's not analyzing the game properly.

Sorry but once he hits the ice I stare at him. He was alright here and there, but as my focus I just don't like what he is doing. I don't like what Geno was doing, standing around half the time... there are almost countless digs to take on almost everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad