Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Coyotes 2 (OT) - Geno Still Sucks, Just Not As Much With Sheahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sorry but once he hits the ice I stare at him. He was alright here and there, but as my focus I just don't like what he is doing. I don't like what Geno was doing, standing around half the time... there are almost countless digs to take on almost everyone.

You didn't watch tonight's game or you are trying to analyze a game with bias. You can dislike a player but if you are going to analyze their play, you have to do it without bias.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You didn't watch tonight's game or you are trying to analyze a game with bias. You can dislike a player but if you are going to analyze their play, you have to do it without bias.
I did. I guess I am. So I wont.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
How much longer can they continue to shelter Riikola?

That has to be why he’s not playing. I’d laugh in the FO’s face and Sullivan’s if they say it’s because they think Oleksiak is better and offers more than him.

Also, the PP is still sh*t. Yes they scored to win the game but an overtime PP is so much easier than a regular one.

We need to have a practice solely dedicated to moving the puck on the PP. Too many times of guys hesitating receiving the puck just to try and fire a shot at net. It’s not catching the other teams off guard.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
They may have better slappers, but not at QBing, and Schultz is a lot closer to Letang than Riikola has ever shown
Tbf, Riikola has only had around 10 games and extremely limited minutes to show what he can do on the PP.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Most encouraging thing tonight was G and Phil's play.
Phil was fantastic all night hustling his ass off.
G with more grit/drive than he's shown since October/early November.

Tanger had a real stinker as well as the 1st line.
Those 4 play better while adding Horny, maybe they can pull some points out of Vegas.
Plz bench Wilson and dress Blandisi. For the love of Pete, Plz.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Winning is more fun than losing. And mixing an imperial stout, a belgian quad, and cold medicine is really interesting. I'm alert and drowsy at the same time.
tenor.gif

Which Belgian Quad?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Most encouraging thing tonight was G and Phil's play.
Phil was fantastic all night hustling his ass off.
G with more grit/drive than he's shown since October/early November.

Tanger had a real stinker as well as the 1st line.
Those 4 play better while adding Horny, maybe they can pull some points out of Vegas.
Plz bench Wilson and dress Blandisi. For the love of Pete, Plz.

Phil had a very good game. But I will say it again because I always like to....

It seems like Phil is afraid to shoot on the power plays sometimes. He’s like Letang out there. They both are too hesitant. He needs to start ripping more wristers on the PP. Especially with Crosby sitting on the back door for rebounds.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
did not like last 10 minutes in the third. No reasons to give up on supporting zone exit, skating and supporting, instead just stretch passes, icing, dumping, it did not help that the first line got hemmed in their zone...
third line looked good but really dangerous, a lot of possession but too far out of the kitchen, don't recall any good chances
Geno six shots thats good, happy with the smile ear to ear also good, still too much standing on the blue line or going deep into our zone to fish out the puck and not too much support

Riikola must stay in the line up

Defense did good job boxing them and keeping them out

If our first line goes cold we may be in trouble

Play Murray tomorrow

Reactions: canadianguy77

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also encouraging was Brass's play.
He either helps us win playing like he did tonight or JR gets great value.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
How much longer can they continue to shelter Riikola?

That has to be why he’s not playing. I’d laugh in the FO’s face and Sullivan’s if they say it’s because they think Oleksiak is better and offers more than him.

The thing is sheltering him doesnt make any sense. He's such a well rounded defender that he should be playing every night.

He's obviously going to have some hiccups as he learns his opponents tendencies, but to sit him for Oleksiak is just asinine. He's better at literally everything than Oleksiak except fighting.

The only thing that makes sense is that maybe the coaching staff isn't too fond of him. The way Recchi pronounced his name tonight was sort of startling to me. It made me think that they dont think much of him. (Probably wrong on this, but I found it weird nonetheless)

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sorry I missed the game...that was a huge 2 points with everyone bunched on top of the Metro...that they found a way to win against a young fast team with really good structure is good news...hopefully they can keep it up...

How was Blender? I see he had less than 7 minutes...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Phil had a very good game. But I will say it again because I always like to....

It seems like Phil is afraid to shoot on the power plays sometimes. He’s like Letang out there. They both are too hesitant. He needs to start ripping more wristers on the PP. Especially with Crosby sitting on the back door for rebounds.

Kessel was always peeling off the HB and ripping pucks with the Leafs on the PP.

He probably feels like he has all these other stars out there with him and he has to spread the love.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad