Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I should be the first one to admit: this game was some real Conn Smythe material from Crosby.

If he strings a number of these together - I will scream on every corner to give him this trophy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
According to HF: "Fluke" and "product of Crosby"

In related news, there's a lot of morons on HF.

And the same morons will say Jake deserved the Conn Smythe over Sid if we win the Cup and Sid gets the CS.

"Bla bla bla league wanted Crysby to have 3 in a row, bla bla bla rigged, bla bla bla asterisk".

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
All the excuses to discredit the Pens and it’s generally contradictory.

Murray is only good because of the team in front of him but our defense sucks.

Our forwards aren’t that good but just a product of Crosby and Malkin but they’ve declined and are overrated.

We win cups because we’ve faced the easiest competition and bad goalies.

The other team also has injuries but if we have them we get them at a time where it should be no problem to overcome.

Don't forget the rigged draft. Sid is supposed to be a Ranger (even though he would have gone to Anaheim), and the Pens are supposed to be in Kansas City.

Reactions: ncm7772

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I had to laugh when we went up 3-2. The Caps needed that second goal early, and they came damn close twice, including AO missing a shot I don't think I've ever seen him miss. Then the game settled down after the first as it tends to do, and we just stayed the course and it happened.

I couldn't believe a couple of the saves Murray made. He was the star of the game (#analysis).

I agree about ZAR above. I wasn't watching the team too closely when he popped in a couple of goals, but I'm still waiting to see what all the hype is about. At the very least, he's not ready given what I've seen of him. I wouldn't mind it if he was at all noticeable on that fourth line.

Reactions: ncm7772

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
All the excuses to discredit the Pens and it’s generally contradictory.

Murray is only good because of the team in front of him but our defense sucks.

Our forwards aren’t that good but just a product of Crosby and Malkin but they’ve declined and are overrated.

We win cups because we’ve faced the easiest competition and bad goalies.

The other team also has injuries but if we have them we get them at a time where it should be no problem to overcome.
Haters gonna hate.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I agree about ZAR above. I wasn't watching the team too closely when he popped in a couple of goals, but I'm still waiting to see what all the hype is about. At the very least, he's not ready given what I've seen of him. I wouldn't mind it if he was at all noticeable on that fourth line.

He looked strong as a complimentary piece on strong lines, where he got plenty of space and there was plenty of chaos at the net for him to work with.

But he's never consistently impressed me on the 4th line where he has to take more of a role of his own. Ditto Simon for that matter.

Tbh, wait and see, but I think ZAR would be better placed in WBS next season.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I love Jake (may be in need of a HF name change)
Murray - huge saves when needed, not faulting him for the 2 goals... good shots in the corner but now the defence on those hmmm

Stealing home ice WITHOUT Geno and Hags... Sweet!

LGP!!!!

No Malkin and Hagelin? No Problem.
No Crosby and Letang? No Problem.

If Caps can't beat us down so many big players for us they are gonna have a hard time beating us when we have a full healthy roster. It's like they get closer to where they are going and look up and the place stretches further and further away like when I was high and drunk 1 time and everything seemed like it was getting further and further away the closer I got to it.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
He looked strong as a complimentary piece on strong lines, where he got plenty of space and there was plenty of chaos at the net for him to work with.

But he's never consistently impressed me on the 4th line where he has to take more of a role of his own. Ditto Simon for that matter.

Tbh, wait and see, but I think ZAR would be better placed in WBS next season.

We have a lot of guys that can do a thing or two when Crosby or Malkin is hogging all the attention, and are a different story elsewhere in the line combos ;)

Also, for the record I wasn't talking about HF hype. People here seem to be pretty realistic about him. I'm just shocked how often he is mentioned on sports talk shows. He's one of those players that pundits seem to want to will into being good.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Holtby is going to be a mess next game... he has to know he is probably 1 or 2 bad goals from losing the net again....

Over the years, the only goalies I bet on being headcases are our own. I wouldn't write off Holtby at this point and I doubt the Pens do either.

Reactions: ETA

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Tom Wilson ought to be booted out of the league the next time he boards a guy, btw... its an epidemic with him, and the caps cry so hard when he actually gets penalized for it... He has talent and doesnt need to do that stuff too... he is just a POS. I would love to see a game we are up huge and Big Rig can just destroy him.... few deserve that... he does....

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Over the years, the only goalies I bet on being headcases are our own. I wouldn't write off Holtby at this point and I doubt the Pens do either.
Holtby and Bob are total headcases against us... and Lundqvist... and Rinne... you know what... lets just say all the good goalies are pretty much screwed by us so often that we dwell in their craniums... backups are our Kryptonite though... until we figure them out...

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Holtby and Bob are total headcases against us... and Lundqvist... and Rinne... you know what... lets just say all the good goalies are pretty much screwed by us so often that we dwell in their craniums... backups are our Kryptonite though... until we figure them out...

I don't buy the goalie headcases against us and only us mentality. We don't go to game 7 against the Caps last year if Holtby is a headcase. We don't get bounced by the Rangers in 2014 and 2015 if Lundqvist is a headcase against us. Bob has a career of playing bad in the playoffs no matter who he is against, which is also a bi-product of the team he has in front of him and the coach. No doubt the mental aspect plays in to winning/losing, but I just don't put too much faith in to it, especially at this level of competition. Hell, we had the biggest "headcase" of them all carry us through most of the playoffs last year. We play with fire when we write somebody off that way, especially players of their caliber.

It also takes away from:
-how talented and deep we are
-how good our coach is
-how Sully has helped turn us in to mentally strong and resilient team
-how well the organization is currently run

These are truest reasons these goalies are not performing well against us. Not that they are headcases.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't buy the goalie headcases against us and only us mentality. We don't go to game 7 against the Caps last year if Holtby is a headcase. We don't get bounced by the Rangers in 2014 and 2015 if Lundqvist is a headcase against us. Bob has a career of playing bad in the playoffs no matter who he is against, which is also a bi-product of the team he has in front of him and the coach. No doubt the mental aspect plays in to winning/losing, but I just don't put too much faith in to it, especially at this level of competition. Hell, we had the biggest "headcase" of them all carry us through most of the playoffs last year. We play with fire when we write somebody off that way, especially players of their caliber.

It also takes away from:
-how talented and deep we are
-how good our coach is
-how Sully has helped turn us in to mentally strong and resilient team
-how well the organization is currently run

These are truest reasons these goalies are not performing well against us. Not that they are headcases.

But that's kinda the point. Because of how talented and deep we are, we force bad performances from opposition goaltenders, which slowly start getting into their head and from there it's downhill...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Our fourth line is kind of hilarious on the offfensive side. Their instincts are so bad it ends up reminding me of watch the computer play the computer in a video game. Because honestly, I don't think the caps know exactly what to do with it either.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Tom Wilson ought to be booted out of the league the next time he boards a guy, btw... its an epidemic with him, and the caps cry so hard when he actually gets penalized for it... He has talent and doesnt need to do that stuff too... he is just a POS. I would love to see a game we are up huge and Big Rig can just destroy him.... few deserve that... he does....

Yeah we are not supposed to wish injury on anyone but I think that he is the HF exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad