Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
First opportunity he had he probably should have nailed that. He did it so well then not to finish

The second big opportunity I think it was bad ice and he couldn’t elevate the wobbly puck.

Excited to see how he goes next season. Has a lot of skill. Not waiver exempt next season either.
Yes . He has a great upside..

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Being satisfied with a line not even attempting a shot on goal while being hemmed in their own end frequently is... Odd.

The 4th line stinks out loud, down to a man. Just because they weren't on the ice when the Caps scored doesn't mean too much. :laugh:

This was honestly our 4th lines best game, as there were multiple times were they outworked the Caps second line. Yes they should be shamed for not being able to generate a shot on goal, but if they can continue to kill time in the offensive zone, while not letting in goals, that's all we can ask for given the available options. ZAR needs to sit as soon as Geno is back, because unfortunately Rowney (right handed FOs) and Kuhn(PK) bring more to the team than he does at this point. If/when Hags comes back, then I hope we see Simon-Sheahan-Kuhn, as I think that is the best possible 4th we can put out.

Barring any injuries(JINX) to Murray or our D, our 4th is always going to be our biggest hole, especially when there are injuries higher up in the roster. Having holes is part of the salary cap era. Luckily, this is where you want to have your biggest hole compared to other positions.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
That wouldn't be terrible either I guess, just as long as we get some kind of faster 4th line.

The problem is, who do we honestly play given our injuries? This is the reality we are faced with.

Sprong is not the answer I am looking for.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You get goals by shooting....

4th line literally couldn't have played worse.

You do not get goals by shooting. Did any of the Pens goals result from just shooting? It's more complex than just getting a shot.
So 4L can get can Sid Getz deflect goals if they just shot the puck?
It's just not enough. You have to wear teams down and that goes with depth. Depth don't mean scoring it means having more than the opposition can handle.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
All of this **** comes from Crosby and Hornqvist arguing on the bench a few times. The thing is, so did Malkin and Kessel. But there was common denominator in this arguing, and he now plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

No one on the team was going to argue and show their frustration with the real problem,(#14) so they argued with each other. Somehow Crosby gets painted as the bad guy in all of it and it still baffles my mind.
Hey.

One more thing..eh?
Let everyone have their opinions because if you know Sidney Crosby then you know what’s up..
it is what is
It’s some outrageous false
narratives about he hard bad to play with , he’s whiner, coach killer and hes a bad person among other things...
it’s so many things people don’t know and will never know. He’s doesn’t have to explain and so does the people around him that loves and adores him especially players that has played with him and doing it right now..

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
The problem is, who do we honestly play given our injuries? This is the reality we are faced with.

Sprong is not the answer I am looking for.
Fourth line is the checking line for sully and if they occasionally score for you with not letting goals go thru the net for opponents
That’s how Sully treats them .. you will get maybe something out of them when Sheahan got back there.. I hate it .. Sheahan is more effective without them.. it is what it is til Geno come back

right now
Brassard just need to step up offensively with his good simple solid play..

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Fourth line is the checking line for sully and if they occasionally score for you with not letting goals go thru the net for opponents
That’s how Sully treats them .. you will get maybe something out of them when Sheahan got back there.. I hate it .. Sheahan is more effective without them.. it is what it is til Geno come back

right now
Brassard just need to step up offensively with his good simple solid play..

Yeah, you gotta feel for Sheahan, the guy has stepped up his game during the playoffs and is definitely somebody I want to see with the team for a while. He is only a 4th liner for us because of who we have in front of him. He deserves better wingers for his skill level. However, this all ends up being such a Penguins fans complaint as we are spoiled with our depth.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, you gotta feel for Sheahan, the guy has stepped up his game during the playoffs and is definitely somebody I want to see with the team for a while. He is only a 4th liner for us because of who we have in front of him. He deserves better wingers for his skill level. However, this all ends up being such a Penguins fans complaint as we are spoiled with our depth.

Well.Cullen made the best of it..made plays and scored on his own. Sheahan doesnt have his speed but hes shown flashes of skill...gonna need him to finish at some point. Brassard as well.

Right now our first line has 39 points in 7 games. Its worked so far. Gonna need help the further we go tho. And im sure theyll get it.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Because Bergeron has to be a nominee every year. It's as if the people who select this award have no ****ing clue who is good/bad defensively but if they keep bringing up the same names, then they have to be good.

Another damn shame? Hossa never won it. I don't actually even know if he was a nominee before. But Sid/Hossa are two guys who should have been in the top honor before.

Hossa can't even defend himself against a rash. That probably hurt his case.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't know, man. I'm not satisfied at all with the 4th line, and it's pretty surprising and we're lucky they didn't give anything up.

When we're healthy, it's pretty important that we fix that line. Sheahan centering two of Sheary, Simon, ZAR, or someone from WBS would go a long way toward shifting from "Oh god, the 4th line is on the ice. Holy shit, please don't f*** this up" to more of what we had with Cullen centering the 4th over the past couple of years; a line that can actually play, apply pressure, create scoring chances, and isn't miserable whenever they hop over the boards.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Best thing about Guentzel..he puts up good numbers but he could have 3-4 more goals each game. He generates so many chances, eventually one or two or four go in.

Was doing this all last year too in playoffs

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't know, man. I'm not satisfied at all with the 4th line, and it's pretty surprising and we're lucky they didn't give anything up.

When we're healthy, it's pretty important that we fix that line. Sheahan centering two of Sheary, Simon, ZAR, or someone from WBS would go a long way toward shifting from "Oh god, the 4th line is on the ice. Holy ****, please don't **** this up" to more of what we had with Cullen centering the 4th over the past couple of years; a line that can actually play, apply pressure, create scoring chances, and isn't miserable whenever they hop over the boards.

When Geno and Hags comes back, I wonder if Sully would ever try a 4-line attack approach like:

Guentzel/Crosby/Hornqvist
Hagelin/Malkin/Rust
Simon/Sheahan/Kessel
Kuhnhackl/Brassard/Sheary

Reactions: Coach John McGuirk

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

When we're healthy, it's pretty important that we fix that line. Sheahan centering two of Sheary, Simon, ZAR, or someone from WBS would go a long way toward shifting from "Oh god, the 4th line is on the ice. Holy ****, please don't **** this up" to more of what we had with Cullen centering the 4th over the past couple of years; a line that can actually play, apply pressure, create scoring chances, and isn't miserable whenever they hop over the boards.

Mentioned before we kinda got unlucky that we had no injuries all year long and then they happen in playoffs. Usually we had plenty during the season allowing multiple guys from WBS to play. We could have seen Blueger..Sprong and then they could be in there now

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Well.Cullen made the best of it..made plays and scored on his own. Sheahan doesnt have his speed but hes shown flashes of skill...gonna need him to finish at some point. Brassard as well.

Right now our first line has 39 points in 7 games. Its worked so far. Gonna need help the further we go tho. And im sure theyll get it.

Sheahan is on pace to surpass Cullen's goal and point total from last year should we go all the way. The thing about Cullen is the guy was just clutch when he would produce.

Totally agree about the rest of the team needing to step up.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Guentzel led the playoffs in goal-scoring as a rookie and presently leads the playoffs in goals and points as a sophomore.

16 points in 7 playoff games is bat-**** crazy.

According to HF: "Fluke" and "product of Crosby"

In related news, there's a lot of morons on HF.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

All the excuses to discredit the Pens and it’s generally contradictory.

Murray is only good because of the team in front of him but our defense sucks.

Our forwards aren’t that good but just a product of Crosby and Malkin but they’ve declined and are overrated.

We win cups because we’ve faced the easiest competition and bad goalies.

The other team also has injuries but if we have them we get them at a time where it should be no problem to overcome.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's especially weird because when Sid and Horny *do* play together, the response is, "Well ... umm ... because ... uhh ... Sid sucks it up because it's best for the team".

I mean, he's either a spoiled superstar who dictates who he plays with and refuses to play with players he doesn't like, or he's a team player who will play with whoever the coach wants him to play with. Which is it? It can't be both.

Or he's something in the middle. A superstar who has a voice in who he plays with and uses it, but who accepts coaching decisions without fuss when it's all on the line. That one seems pretty realistic to me.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
When Geno and Hags comes back, I wonder if Sully would ever try a 4-line attack approach like:

Guentzel/Crosby/Hornqvist
Hagelin/Malkin/Rust
Simon/Sheahan/Kessel
Kuhnhackl/Brassard/Sheary
I've been wondering the same thing. Sheahan and Kessel have some nice chemistry and Simon looked pretty good with them. But I'd rather keep Sheary, Brassard, Rust together and then put ZAR up with Malkin. It could be a good idea if Malkin and Hagelin aren't 100% and need to limit their minutes.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018

Really?
Sheary is . IMO.
I have seen Jake’s work way before WBS and nhl..

Jake is great fast skater, playmaker and finisher.Strong high hockey iq and knows where to be . He has a lot of great other attributes that goes unnoticed. He’s has great upside and will continue to get better.
He earned his spot with Sidney Crosby .
He’s deserve to be there.
He works hard. He does the little simple things and dirty work. He isn’t perfect by any means. He still learning and progressing
He’s a great skilled/ talent winger.

I see Jake and Sid as new duo that will continue to get better..they bring the best out each other. They make great plays and space for each other.. they make nothing out something especially Sidney..they support one another on the ice..
I have never seen Sid so comfortable and trusting with a player like Jake Guentzel..
Really extremely happy..

I expect to more dominance from them
I want them to stay healthy..
Continue their success and build a great relationship with each other..
Jake has earned his spot there imo
Sidney wants him there and I remember when Jake came back up last ( after first call up( year Sid wanted him to next to him in the locker him.. permanently

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Or he's something in the middle. A superstar who has a voice in who he plays with and uses it, but who accepts coaching decisions without fuss when it's all on the line. That one seems pretty realistic to me.
Yes. He isn’t a selfish. He does what the coach says.. it seem like that with Sully that happens to shut your mouth and do what he says..
he’s a team guy .. unselfish.. he goes along with it when he Doesn’t like and still be frustrated.
I know it been times he has probably told Sully he doesn’t want Sheary on his line..I believe few games before the season over he has expressed that..
He’s far from spoiled player and he has sacrificing whole career without great wingers thats on his level.
Jake Guentzel meet his level imo.
That’s why I push for Jake all the time.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
I've been wondering the same thing. Sheahan and Kessel have some nice chemistry and Simon looked pretty good with them. But I'd rather keep Sheary, Brassard, Rust together and then put ZAR up with Malkin. It could be a good idea if Malkin and Hagelin aren't 100% and need to limit their minutes.
Zar is slow ..

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Another game we dont win if not for Hornqvist. Got that first goal( how many times is that now scoring the game winner or being the first one to get on the board in a game we cant score?) , and was the main reason we got the second one.

Kessel trade was huge, but Hornqvist trade almost as importat imo

3g 5a now for him in 5 games. Does alot for that Crosby/Guentzel duo as well.

Already came back from one injury. Got hit by Wilson with 3 mins left and didnt come back. Hope hes fine.

Last edited:

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
I love Jake (may be in need of a HF name change)
Murray - huge saves when needed, not faulting him for the 2 goals... good shots in the corner but now the defence on those hmmm

Stealing home ice WITHOUT Geno and Hags... Sweet!

LGP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad