Post-Game Talk: Penguins 2, Wild 1 - Rust Says Suck It @ColePens

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Big game Bryan Rust is going to will the team the the po’s, good thing he rested up for the first 1/3 of the season

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Only one fight too. How will we defend Tom Wilson’s suspension from 2016..
at 6-4 220 he is just shy about 20 lbs to ovechkins stature. They are some big doods. When people near 80lbs my weight and half a foot in size chase me, I get nervous. Can't always catch me but when they do, they hurt.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, Pens are virtually an one line team right now.

It's literally only Rust who's been scoring + couple of PP goals in these games.

You are using the word 'literally' wrong. It is not literally only Rust scoring. GOD.
iu

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
You are using the word 'literally' wrong. It is not literally only Rust scoring. GOD.
iu
Sorry, you obviously can see that English isn't my first language, but I try.

Only Rust been scoring at ES the past three games. Isn't he "literally" the only one, then?
Plus couple of PP goals(by Sid and Geno) were scored in these games, as I said.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Big step in the right direction for the Pens the past 2 games.

I keep on waiting for CDS to come back down to earth, but thankfully its not happening.

I like Sid's line and the 4th line right now.

We gotta somehow get Geno's line and Brass line going.

Reactions: ColePens

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Love how in time I could count on my watch I was telling posters around here Rust was not a major problem on this team. But several people were throwing him to the wolves. Now... I didn’t expect him to go on a rip like this, but it just shows how you need patience when it comes to this game. He will cool down again. He is a streaky player, like a lot of Pens. But patience in this game is key.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sorry, you obviously can see that English isn't my first language, but I try.

Only Rust been scoring at ES the past three games. Isn't he "literally" the only one, then?
Plus couple of PP goals(by Sid and Geno) were scored in these games, as I said.

Oh. Nah bro, I had no clue English wasn't your first language. I was just nit-picking --- hence giffy. I don't do semantics well. Not even my own language.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
3 game in a row we have scored only 2 goals........

yuck

Last night's game against the Caps was probably the best quality hockey in 60 minutes i've seen by 2 teams. That had legit playoff skill in it. And i'm not talking about just 1 team looking good. The execution of hockey was extremely high last night.

Tonight was a back to back and I felt the Pens still had good legs. Wild play structured so they do this to all teams. It's hockey. Pop in some old VHS if you don't like the current brand. IMO - last night was exceptional once the garbage fighting stopped.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Love how in time I could count on my watch I was telling posters around here Rust was not a major problem on this team. But several people were throwing him to the wolves. Now... I didn’t expect him to go on a rip like this, but it just shows how you need patience when it comes to this game. He will cool down again. He is a streaky player, like a lot of Pens. But patience in this game is key.

I don’t even think he was streak. For the first 10-15 games he was unlucky and then for ten our whole team blew.

Obviously it is bizarre he is clicking on the first line, but whatever faux Malkin -Hornqvist chemistry got us in the playoffs last year.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Last night's game against the Caps was probably the best quality hockey in 60 minutes i've seen by 2 teams. That had legit playoff skill in it. And i'm not talking about just 1 team looking good. The execution of hockey was extremely high last night.

Tonight was a back to back and I felt the Pens still had good legs. Wild play structured so they do this to all teams. It's hockey. Pop in some old VHS if you don't like the current brand. IMO - last night was exceptional once the garbage fighting stopped.

Why would I "pop in some old VHS" when I have everything on digital? DO YOUR JOB

Oops, they only apply to me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why do you want to completely shut down the entire HF board?
Post season is the only emotion you get out of me from hockey. Unless its a major rivalry with big time meaning. Not making post sucks, but hey, it can be worse.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

There are a few parts to this, but the one you got massively wrong is acting like Rust was just fine all season. I guarantee you #17 himself would be very candid and admit his play was unacceptable through 15-20 games this season. So to ignore that is just absolutely ridiculous.

Now the other part you are 1 trillion percent correct and that is the lack of patience shown by a small group that seems to be the most vocal. The ones whining about wanting to be tough. The ones whining that Murray is "barely good". The ones who want to trade everyone when they have 1 bad game. Yes... those people are asinine. Dumo struggled to begin this season almost identical to Rust. He was brutal. But you give those guys time. They are human. It would take a full year of Rust playing like how he did in the first 15 games to actually want me to move him.

Bottom line - guys will slump. When they do, it's okay to analyze their play. And those guys are probably harder on themselves than the majority here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad