Post-Game Talk: Penguins 2, Wild 1 - Rust Says Suck It @ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is a serious question... who actually hates Rust? Rust, himself, would tell anyone that he disappointed himself and the team early in the season. I bet you Rust was harder on himself than any fan here. I would even bet you there were some sleepless nights when it got a tad cold for the Pens.

Maybe 1 or 2 of the usual suspect posters actually wanted him traded or something stupid but it's 1 or 2 of hundreds of Pens fans that post here. So I ask again - who really hates Rusty? He's seriously one of the most likable guys the team has ever had.

@KIRK - you promised no trolling.
Who said shit about Rust?

ComplicatedIncredibleEasternnewt-small.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well Rust has most definitely shut me up. No doubt the guy has skill and finish, maybe a lot of it untapped.

I do wonder if it a question of motivation for Rust. Maybe he gets too complacent and doesn't push himself enough.

Earlier this season he only showed his game in spurts. But once the backlash grew to an epic proportion, he started having good games before he started scoring. Maybe Sully doesn't know how to push players as well.

I still wish we had Surly Sniper though

We do . . .

8479944.jpg

Who said **** about Rust?

ComplicatedIncredibleEasternnewt-small.gif

Who do you think?

giphy.gif

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Thanks to the Wild for their two gifts of turnovers tonight.:gift: Rust made them pay. Talk about flipping on a switch. He has certainly done that. Now for Geno...

For as tough a game it was last night they didn't look tired or worn down in this game. Steady play throughout. Not the most exciting game but they came out with a W.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I will say also, Sid is having probably the best year he has had in some time. He's quite literally playing a complete game. He's scoring goals, he's setting up his linemates, he's playing the tough matchups, he's clipping at 55% in the dot.
Sid is a god. That much is known.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks to the Wild for their two gifts of turnovers tonight.:gift: Rust made them pay. Talk about flipping on a switch. He has certainly done that. Now for Geno...

For as tough a game it was last night they didn't look tired or worn down in this game. Steady play throughout. Not the most exciting game but they came out with a W.
This was far from a perfect game but to somehow find a way to win after last nights performance when everyone had to be spent, you gotta be happy.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well I was wrong about tonight. I figured it was an easy loss, but who knew, the wild were so boring it played perfectly into the b2b game after a heated rivalry.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man Tanger must be a serious gym nut. To have veins popping out of your temples you have some serious BMI.

Reactions: ncm7772

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Tough effort tonight. Liking the lines...Kessel on Brassard’s line contains the majority of the suck to a single line. Give Geno a couple games away from Kessel and he’ll be ok. Leave them on different lines and you’ll see Malkin’s game solidify.

Crosby has been so impressive in 2018. He’s never been better as a 200 ft player and leader.

Interesting comments from Rossi. Claimed there’s never been a rift between Sullivan and Malkin. The rift is between Kessel and Sullivan and Malkin is frustrated that he’s caught in the middle. Also his wife is in Russia working and has his son.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I feel like you and I are independent contractors for Horny/Rust. You sit there with weapons waiting for someone to bash Rust and I sit there waiting for someone to even remotely criticize Horny.

Ban hammer?

Tough effort tonight. Liking the lines...Kessel on Brassard’s line contains the majority of the suck to a single line. Give Geno a couple games away from Kessel and he’ll be ok. Leave them on different lines and you’ll see Malkin’s game solidify.

Crosby has been so impressive in 2018. He’s never been better as a 200 ft player and leader.

Interesting comments from Rossi. Claimed there’s never been a rift between Sullivan and Malkin. The rift is between Kessel and Sullivan and Malkin is frustrated that he’s caught in the middle. Also his wife is in Russia working and has his son.

Would love to see Simon-Horny stick there. He was getting pucks on his stick. The effort was there. He was just a mess.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well Rust has most definitely shut me up. No doubt the guy has skill and finish, maybe a lot of it untapped.

I do wonder if it a question of motivation for Rust. Maybe he gets too complacent and doesn't push himself enough.

Earlier this season he only showed his game in spurts. But once the backlash grew to an epic proportion, he started having good games before he started scoring. Maybe Sully doesn't know how to push players as well.

I still wish we had Surly Sniper though

After all these years you would think maybe, just MAYBE, emotional irrational reactions are not the way to analyze hockey. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad