LeBrun: Pavelski to visit Tampa and Dallas this week (Friedman: Pavelski to initiate talks with Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
You didn't watch his playoff performance then my man. He was consistently one of the best players on the ice out in BOTH series. We're really not even close to concerned.
Im pretty sure he did watch them - like many other Finns.

I agree with @BB88 regarding Hintz and Dallas forward situation. Put Hintz in a position to succeed by getting one more proven top6 player. Don’t bet on him carrying a line with some rookie on it.

Anything can happen. But why take the risk?

Reactions: BB88

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
There ought not to be too much to expect and for that reason when a rookie like Hintz shows that offensive spark over half a season + playoffs, that is a major improvement. Unless he drops off a cliff, he will be expected to continue what he did last season.

Mind you, that empty spot could also be Jason Dickinson. Is that also an unknown? Yes. IMO, he plays more like he'd be an effective 3rd liner, but he has shown more offensive spark than he ever did.

Could also be Robertson

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
At his age, sure, decline is always a worry, but I'm not seeing any "diving off a cliff" type decline in the stats. Not sure where that narrative came from, outside of fans simply trying to lessen the blow of a player like Pavelski leaving.

Yup, that's gotta be it.

upload_2019-6-29_18-17-8.png

Couldn't have anything to do with this.

Reactions: Syckle78

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I acknowledged shot attempts decreasing and posited a non-age based theory as to why, if you cared to read the full post.

I did read the post, which is how I know that theory was directly the opposite of the truth. A large portion of Pavelski’s shot attempts are deflections off Burns/Karlsson shots; having both of them on the team actually improves his shot volume. His shot volume has dropped and he drives a lesser percentage of his own shooting volume than he used to.

What does the Y-axis represent? It's unclear as it says Shot attempts per 0 minutes and I think anything above 0 would be impressive in that case, lol. :sarcasm:

I'm assuming per 60 min?

Yeah, my mistake lol. I made that quickly on my backup laptop which is notoriously slow and laggy.

Reactions: Zapp

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
I would have still preferred Zucc, even at the cost of a first round pick. I think Dallas will regret anything over three years, and they’ll probably have to offer four. This contract will probably be widely derided from the moment it is announced. 4yrs/6.4m would be my guess. You’re probably looking at 60/55/45/40 points. With some young, cost-controlled forwards coming up in Dellandrea, Gurianov, and Robertson, it’ll be that fourth year that hurts the most.

I also imagine that Nill tries to sign Hartman, then lets Hartman, Gurianov, and Dickinson battle it out for the last spot in the top six. I wouldn’t anticipate another big top six signing. I also get the feeling that Nill is content with Kling/Lindell/Miro/Polak as the top four on D. He probably takes flyers Gardner on D and guys like Nyquist and Dzingel on forward, but settles for what he already has.

Reactions: ElGuapo

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Sounds like another devastating blow to a franchise bumping up against the cap with a failed core

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Man I would love this so much. One of my biggest issues with the Stars this past season is not going to the net, picking up those garbage goals. Maybe Pavelski can teach them a lesson or two.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean, it makes ton of sense the Sharks would let Pavelski go. They already have a lot of money tied on veteran dmen and need to use the cap room on the younger RFA forwards.

That said, i never believed it would actually happen. I thought they'd find some way to keep him. It's a bit of a shocker.

Sharks just seem to have such strong relationships with their vets. I mean just thinking about Jumbo and Marleau playing there for another year - but without Pavelski is weird to say the least. He was even the captain.

But, if he does go to Dallas im glad. It's always fun to see players wearing new uniforms, and the Stars could use him a lot.

And ultimately, when it was the right decision to do so, they let Marleau go.

They were going to do the same with Jumbo in 2017 but he elected to stay.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Pavelski signing should also help to free up Benn a little more on the powerplay.

He won't have to play the net-front roll anymore with Pavelski on the first powerplay unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad