LeBrun: Pavelski to visit Tampa and Dallas this week (Friedman: Pavelski to initiate talks with Stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Maybe he takes a "summer vacation" visiting all these cities at the teams expense. Seemslgood teams, contenders don't have cap for him and does he really want to sign with a poor team for more money?
He is a great player he would be better off staying with the Sharks IMO. But Im sure he wants to est to see if there is more money out there, But at 34 hes in the one year deal category.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Surprised he could actually leave San Jose. He's 35 and played their his whole life and his family has been raised there.

He's made decent money over the course of his last 2 contracts in 46M dollars. I'm surprised he doesn't just take a paycut to stay there.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa needs a guy like Pavelski. The current core has shown that even with playoff success, they eventually fade out when the pressure gets the biggest.
Having a guy like Pavelski who elevates his game in the playoffs would be enormous.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Surprised he could actually leave San Jose. He's 35 and played their his whole life and his family has been raised there.

He's made decent money over the course of his last 2 contracts in 46M dollars. I'm surprised he doesn't just take a paycut to stay there.
How much cap would the sharks realistically have available for him even if he was going to give a real good discount?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Tampa needs a guy like Pavelski. The current core has shown that even with playoff success, they eventually fade out when the pressure gets the biggest.
Having a guy like Pavelski who elevates his game in the playoffs would be enormous.

Says a lot about Stamkos if they need to bring in Pavelski.

Seriously though, how can they possibly afford him?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah wtf how would Tampa afford him??

Really disappointed there’s been nothing about Pavs going to Pitt. Would be very interested in him and trading one of our RW’s for a D.

Reactions: qqaz

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I doubt the Sharks keep Pavelski. Going to Tampa, if they have the space, would be good for both Tampa and Pavelski.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Says a lot about Stamkos if they need to bring in Pavelski.

Seriously though, how can they possibly afford him?
It'd definitely take some work, but I think Pavelski is one of those guys (especially for this team) that you make it work for if he wants to come and play for you. They'd likely have to move Callahan's contract and maybe another player to make it fit though, unless Pavelski was willing to take a big discount.

Sitting @ $10M right now. Moving Callahan gets them to 16. If point comes in around 8.5 and Pavelski would take 5x2, it could work since none of their current RFAs are going to command much.

I'd take him over anyone that isn't Point, Kucherov or Stamkos, though.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

he has taken a paycut his whole career. If i am him i settle for nothing less than 3 years 21 million

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
he has taken a paycut his whole career. If i am him i settle for nothing less than 3 years 21 million
This is so true. While I'd love the Sharks be able to find a way to retain him, I don't think it's going to happen. Pavelski kind of got shafted with his last contract, he wanted the 8 year term but at the time the Sharks weren't doing those. Since then, a number of them have been inked and from what I've heard that hasn't sat well with him. I don't think the challenge to get him resigned in San Jose JUST come down to cap/money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->