Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
This dry spell is unbelievable. Would think he would get an assist here or there but nope.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Even if you play the right way and make the right plays it's still hard to produce in the NHL. Which makes the guys who make it look easy even more amazing
This 1000000% but it drives this point home even more when you get to see Panarin doing it. f*** he just makes magic happen every shift. Every once in a while i think that dude is skating off and getting lazy and then boom he intercepts a pass. Camera just wasnt showing the guy whos lane he was getting ready to take away.

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh, snap.

upload_2020-2-14_22-11-7.png

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
LOL his ****ing face just cracks me up. Still laughing at this. Legit one of the funniest Rangers-related things I can remember in a while.
I literally howled for 5 minutes straight when I saw it lmao and I’m laughing out loud every time I rewatch it. His helmet is half off his head and tilted, hes like standing upwards really straight almost leaning back he legit looks like a drunk guy going on ice for the first time and his face just has the dumbest and most angry expression I’ve ever seen :laugh::laugh::laugh: like when he first saw highlights of the CBJ/VGK game where he saw the Elvis celly he was so angry and took it so personal that planned from that moment that once he gets to play against him he’s going to do that celly against him. He was so determined he scored 20 seconds into the game because he was on a mission lmao

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I literally howled for 5 minutes straight when I saw it lmao and I’m laughing out loud every time I rewatch it. His helmet is half off his head and tilted, hes like standing upwards really straight almost leaning back he legit looks like a drunk guy going on ice for the first time and his face just has the dumbest and most angry expression I’ve ever seen :laugh::laugh::laugh: like when he first saw highlights of the CBJ/VGK game where he saw the Elvis celly he was so angry and took it so personal that planned from that moment that once he gets to play against him he’s going to do that celly against him. He was so determined he scored 20 seconds into the game because he was on a mission lmao
Exactly. It's just unreal, lol. It's too bad we're not making the playoffs, because that would have been perfect.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

Haha, in this context it is pretty funny. He looks so mad

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Except for no-puck-luck December Buchnevich has been a 0.75 ppg player with a very good effort all over the ice and one of the best scoring chance generation stats on the team. All while 24 years old and still getting better.

Trade him to give a 29 yo a 7*7 contract.

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I love Buch, but it is kinda lame to mock the kid for no reason. Unless there is history i'm unaware of.

His legendary Skjei WJC taunt and him ribbing Kreider about the TSN trade board has me second guessing his helpless puppy dog eyes. Dude is a straight savage.
You've made me see the light.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Except for no-puck-luck December Buchnevich has been a 0.75 ppg player with a very good effort all over the ice and one of the best scoring chance generation stats on the team. All while 24 years old and still getting better.

Trade him to give a 29 yo a 7*7 contract.

7X7, I'm with you. But his age to me is not a traditional indicator. This guys looks like he can keep playing for a long time. He's an unnatural physical specimen. He's a manimal.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
7X7, I'm with you. But his age to me is not a traditional indicator. This guys looks like he can keep playing for a long time. He's an unnatural physical specimen. He's a manimal.

3, even 4 more years because he’s “manimal” - maybe. At 33-34 even manimals slow down if not hitting a full stop.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
You can see Buch has taken a step this season, in spite of the scoring slump he was in. Also, him Kreider and Zibanejad have formed a really close bond. You hope that if they trade Kreider that Buch isn't impacted too much. The human side of these things rarely get discussed.

Hoping that in the years to come that he can start being more of a leader. We have Panarin leading as an example, but there is obviously a Russian surge coming to NYC. If he is here, I'm hoping that he can help lead the younger guys that are coming up. Shesty is here already, Kravtsov and Rykov not too far behind. Buch didn't have those things when he came, so hopefully he can help these guys as they continue to transition to being in North America.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Buch has been better but he did have a lot of tough luck earlier through the middle of the season. Couple more go in and I think we are taking a different tune about him this year.

But it is what it is. I actually think the Caps would be wise to inquire about his services. I think he’s a good fit there.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Buch is a legend. Also, reports from last season and before said that he was one of the funnier guys in the locker room, it just didn't show as much b/c of his lack of confidence in his english. I think we're starting to see more of that side of him now, and i'm all for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00