Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was just going to say, Buch seems like a player that Boston would covet.
I don't want him even sniffing the Bruins or Islanders. Rangers mgmt. isnt that dumb. They'll send him to Calgary or Minnesota, and even that would still be dumb. He needs to stay.

How could they trade a guy that scores the 20,000th goal AND has become the 1st Ranger in history to score a hat trick on his bday? I mean, that wouldn't be right! Right?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Do you believe that he truly is an 80 point player now? I realize full well what he is pacing but was trying to be a tad more realistic. Do you believe that he is an 80 point player?
With the talent surrounding him, I absolutely believe that he could and would be that. Being the all around player that he has become, I don't see why not? Granted, he really doesn't score a bunch of goals "by himself", but as long as he has quality linemates that put the puck in the net, he should get a bountiful of assists.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With the talent surrounding him, I absolutely believe that he could and would be that. Being the all around player that he has become, I don't see why not? Granted, he really doesn't score a bunch of goals "by himself", but as long as he has quality linemates that put the puck in the net, he should get a bountiful of assists.
You are looking at the utmost scenario. If he is an 80 point player, then all talks of trading him stop immediately.

I think that the realistic scenario is somewhere in the middle. Hence my view of 60 points.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Love Buchnevich, but the writing has been on the wall for some time, and I'm actually stoked that he's exploded the way he has right as the decision has to be made. He went from a young player with potential, to a star player with many miles left.

Reactions: CLW and Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Love Buchnevich, but the writing has been on the wall for some time, and I'm actually stoked that he's exploded the way he has right as the decision has to be made. He went from a young player with potential, to a star player with many miles left.

The three potentially elite wingers we have now make me feel a whole lot better and Buch is my favorite ranger this year, aside from our default #1, señor bread

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think at his age with his contract that’s what it might take. But yes I would. He is way to invisible too often.
That seems like am absolute waste of an asset. He is what he has always been and winds up playing to the back of his trading card. Giving away prospects to move him is beyond ridiculous.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
That seems like am absolute waste of an asset. He is what he has always been and winds up playing to the back of his trading card. Giving away prospects to move him is beyond ridiculous.

I disagree. If he isn’t a negative value asset yet, he very soon will be with his contract. He is also pretty much the main reason we have to get rid of Buch, who is the better and younger player already.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I disagree. If he isn’t a negative value asset yet, he very soon will be with his contract. He is also pretty much the main reason we have to get rid of Buch, who is the better and younger player already.
When he is a third line wing and still one of the best net front presences in the league, that very far away from negative value.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
When he is a third line wing and still one of the best net front presences in the league, that very far away from negative value.

6.5 million for a third line winger is poor cap management and most likely negative value. But we disagree it is what it is.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
6.5 million for a third line winger is poor cap management and most likely negative value. But we disagree it is what it is.

More like a 4th line winger for 1/2 the year and an upper-echelon first line winger for the other half. Kreider is on a massive cold streak, Zibanejad was playing just as poorly for two months. He scored like 11 goals in 11 games iirc

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With the talent we have now, Kreider being on a cold streak and STILL winning, only proves they are deep and NOT reliant on his scoring. His effec5ivejess in front of the net is irreplaceable (not many do it) and more often than not doesn't even get a point on PP if its NOT him scoring. But, he gets others the goals by doing so. So yeah, even as a 3rd line pricey winger, we need him and he arn't going anywhere. Not for some time at least anyway.
We lose Buch because of it, well then thats on the GM and their decision on re-signing Kreider. Was happy then, and still okay with the decision. Still would suck losing Buch, there has got to be another way. Wouldnt be thrilled with losing Stromer either.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
I think you have to find a way to keep Buch if this is who he is. Dynamic scorer who plays with an edge and kills penalties? I'd easily move Strome before Buch and I love what Strome has done.

I also still don't think Kreider's contract was that bad, if he was consistent he'd be even pricier. This is just a very cold streak even by his standards.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
You are looking at the utmost scenario. If he is an 80 point player, then all talks of trading him stop immediately.

I think that the realistic scenario is somewhere in the middle. Hence my view of 60 points.

Isn't 60 points closer to the bottom than the middle? I don't know if there's anybody who would argue that he's much less than a 60 point player right now.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
As much as I would love to try to get Lundell for Buch to give Barkov someone, they really don't have much going on at Center and have a few Winger prospects.

IDK who else we'd be able to get. Vegas needs Centers not Wings. Maybe Colorado wants to beef up their 2nd line if they fail in the playoffs.

What would be a fair deal involving Buch and Larkin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad