Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I know if I was in Strome's position I would absolutely leverage my current success into my next contract no matter the team. I see Strome and Buch in pretty much the same light: potentially great complimentary pieces that should be locked up at the right price. Both players are only now showing who they are/ can be.
The difference is that Strome has shown comfort and progress only here. And has failed in other places.

Reactions: Musto

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I know if I was in Strome's position I would absolutely leverage my current success into my next contract no matter the team. I see Strome and Buch in pretty much the same light: potentially great complimentary pieces that should be locked up at the right price. Both players are only now showing who they are/ can be.

If your pro experience includes shitshows that were Isles and Oilers, you'd think twice about "no matter the team", because what good is your contract if you feel miserable as you're moved more and more down the line-up or out of it, your coaching staff and front office despise getting you and vice versa, and then eventually you're bought out at 2/3?

Reactions: haveandare

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
If your pro experience includes ****shows that were Isles and Oilers, you'd think twice about "no matter the team", because what good is your contract if you feel miserable as you're moved more and more down the line-up or out of it, your coaching staff and front office despise getting you and vice versa, and then eventually you're bought out at 2/3?
Idk I feel like the page has turned for him we'll see. But yeah hopefully he likes it here and stays on for a reasonable rate.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Idk I feel like the page has turned for him we'll see. But yeah hopefully he likes it here and stays on for a reasonable rate.

It might as well be the case or he could have a short memory and think he’d never have these experiences going forward and wants to be paid as a top-6 center (looking at Hayes contact give or take).

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
2 points in 11 games and decreased ice time. It was nice knowing you Buch.
He has 6 points in his last 11 games...
He is 4th on the team & a 52pt pace. He was one of our best players last night, he should not be on the 3rd line however. If Strome’s point production on Panarin’s line convinced them to extend him at the expense of keeping Buch that would be a huge mistake

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He is 4th on the team & a 52pt pace. He was one of our best players last night, he should not be on the 3rd line however. If Strome’s point production on Panarin’s line convinced them to extend him at the expense of keeping Buch that would be a huge mistake

To quote a Seinfeld episode, I'm replacing Ukraine with Buchnevich

You know what the Buchnevich is? He's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Buchnevich is weak. He's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Buchnevich.

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018

I can appreciate your fact checking but indeed it is 2 in 11. Please feel free to check Pavel Buchnevich Stats and News

I agree Buch is getting the short leash here and it drives me nuts.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
My disdain for Buchnevich has eclipsed new levels. I want him out - yesterday. Addition by subtraction. Final vote.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Don’t know how to feel about Buch

I’m pretty torn on him really. There’s enough there that makes me want to keep him around, but part of me would like to see him packaged for an upgrade. Idk, I just question how effective he really is overall.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don’t know how to feel about Buch

I’m pretty torn on him really. There’s enough there that makes me want to keep him around, but part of me would like to see him packaged for an upgrade. Idk, I just question how effective he really is overall.
Possibly more than people think. Maybe not though.

buchnpa95
buchnpa95

upload_2019-12-14_22-57-19.png

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I like Buchnevich. I think this board has always had lofty expectations for him and so criticize hard.

Buchnevich's expectation have always been out of wack. He's a good complementary player. For some reason his expectations have always been to be like a 1st line point/game player and I'm not sure why that is. He's pretty good at a lot of things which makes him a good player. He's not particularly great at anything. It's hard for me to see why it's an issue if Buchnevich is a solid 40-50 point wing. You need guys like that. Otherwise you have a team of Panarin's and then 4th liners with no offense.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This may be over simplistic but my biggest gripe with Buch is that he seems to have the skill to create great opportunities for himself but can't finish. And I don't know if this is even a thing but it seems to me a composure rather than skill issue.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Most fan bases have issues with the players on their 2nd and 3rd line. Sometimes we have to take a step back and accept a player for what they are.

Buch will always leave us wanting more, but so would 95% of every other middle-6 player.

If Hagelin had better hands he would have been a 1st line winger. If CK was more consistent he’d be a 35/35 player.

If Buch was more consistent he’d be a 1st liner. You can make an argument that the 1 thing that separates a 1st liner from a 2nd liner, is consistency, not talent.

I accept Buch for what he is. He’ll frustrate me at times, but so will most players on the team not named Panarin, Zibanejad, and Fox.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Most fan bases have issues with the players on their 2nd and 3rd line. Sometimes we have to take a step back and accept a player for what they are.

Buch will always leave us wanting more, but so would 95% of every other middle-6 player.

If Hagelin had better hands he would have been a 1st line winger. If CK was more consistent he’d be a 35/35 player.

If Buch was more consistent he’d be a 1st liner. You can make an argument that the 1 thing that separates a 1st liner from a 2nd liner, is consistency, not talent.

I accept Buch for what he is. He’ll frustrate me at times, but so will most players on the team not named Panarin, Zibanejad, and Fox.
Good post. I would also add on, especially as a 32 year old who lived through some seriously bad/underwhelming/unlucky Rangers teams, that it is seriously nice to have a player we drafted, grew and groomed into what he is. And I think he is a very very good top end 2nd line winger just starting to come into his own. Depth scoring is necessary on Cup winning teams, and usually a roster built with guys who have brought into your culture since the day they were drafted.

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
This may be over simplistic but my biggest gripe with Buch is that he seems to have the skill to create great opportunities for himself but can't finish. And I don't know if this is even a thing but it seems to me a composure rather than skill issue.
His career shooting% is 14.5. He’s at 9.8 this season. I think a lot of it is that he’s just been snakebitten recently. He makes stuff happen when he’s on the ice and I think he should be a part of this teams plan for the future

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Buchnevich's expectation have always been out of wack. He's a good complementary player. For some reason his expectations have always been to be like a 1st line point/game player and I'm not sure why that is. He's pretty good at a lot of things which makes him a good player. He's not particularly great at anything. It's hard for me to see why it's an issue if Buchnevich is a solid 40-50 point wing. You need guys like that. Otherwise you have a team of Panarin's and then 4th liners with no offense.
His contract is great value too.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Fun fact, per EvolvingHockey, Buch is 2nd on the team in Goals Above Replacement, Wins Above Replacement, and SPAR (whatever the f*** that is). Only guy ahead of him is Panarin

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Mirror image of what I've been saying about him.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

He creates opportunities for others. He makes very good passes to others. He's missing that last bit that would enable to finish strong the chances given to him or he creates. It's like a focus issue/I-want-it kind of thing.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Buchnevich suffers from having a name that elicits thoughts of offensive dynamo.

He's a goofy guy who can dangle some and accumulate 45 points. He's fine and serves his purpose. Look elsewhere for offensive drivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad