Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I haven't been able to watch as much hockey as I used to (getting old/having a 4 year old will do that to you, I guess), but I've been able to watch the last few games and I was very impressed with Buchnevich. I think the biggest improvement is he's moving his feet in all areas of the ice and has become tougher to play against. I would've said this without the beautiful pasting he gave Marchand. Buch and DeAngelo are two guys that have really responded well to the tough love approach.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I haven't been able to watch as much hockey as I used to (getting old/having a 4 year old will do that to you, I guess), but I've been able to watch the last few games and I was very impressed with Buchnevich. I think the biggest improvement is he's moving his feet in all areas of the ice and has become tougher to play against. I would've said this without the beautiful pasting he gave Marchand. Buch and DeAngelo are two guys that have really responded well to the tough love approach.

I think, more than tough love, what Buchnevich has responded to so well is actual communication. I'm absolutely not a fan of Quinn, but the difference between him and Vigneault on that front is night & day

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
He has one of the biggest mean streaks on the team, much more so than Kreider & Zibanejad even though people would think he’s the softest on the line

Who would you fight if you had the choice? It's an easy answer.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
DeAngelo has hands. Like legitimately has hands and clearly knows how to fight.

Buchnevich just seems like hes liable to explode on you at any moment and I would not want to be a part of that.
Russians have a strong tradition of combat sport and usually know how to defend themselves.

Panarin doesn't kick six feet in the air because he does line dancing.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Kreider would be the last person on the Rangers I fight but Buchnevich is in the top 5.

Kreider, Lemieux, Smith, Lindgren, Trouba , Skjei, Staal, Strome, Mika, Fast, Tony D would all be higher on this list for me. That said I like everyone else thought it was great what he did going after Marchand, it was well deserved.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Buch has thrown down before and I think handled himself well too.

The "soft Euro" thing is overplayed. Taking out Marchand was beautiful to watch. All the blindside hits and dirty plays he's made, Buch just made himself revered by the team and around the league.

There are lots of guys that would probably wish they did that to Marchand and I'm sure that Lindgren and the rest of the team really appreciated it. Also sets an example that we won't get pushed around.

Turning himself from sniper Buch to power forward Buch has been one of the surprising developments this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->