Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It's not a close trip - about one hour each way and then what? Get a lunch in a cafe maybe a little grocery shopping. Still it will be pretty lonely. I'm happier to read about him socializing with his teammates. Good for morale.

I'm only about 10 minutes from White Plains, i'll be more than happy to hang out with him to keep him company.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Carp wrote that Buch and Kreids are very close in the locker room, Vesey told Brooks that he went out to dinner with Hayes, Buch and Jooris, as mentioned by someone else. Seems like Buch is fitting in well with the team. Obviously that doesn't mean its an easy adjustment from Russia, I doubt it is, but I really like that the players understand that its really important for them to make every effort to help Buch out in his transition to NA.

I'm pretty sure the team put him in a White Plains hotel, and thats where he had been staying until he knew that he made the team. White Plains has a few big hotels and its not that far from the training facility or MSG, so it made sense. Since he's made the team, he'll probably get an apartment or house, depending on where he chooses to live.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Carp wrote that Buch and Kreids are very close in the locker room, Vesey told Brooks that he went out to dinner with Hayes, Buch and Jooris, as mentioned by someone else. Seems like Buch is fitting in well with the team. Obviously that doesn't mean its an easy adjustment from Russia, I doubt it is, but I really like that the players understand that its really important for them to make every effort to help Buch out in his transition to NA.

I'm pretty sure the team put him in a White Plains hotel, and thats where he had been staying until he knew that he made the team. White Plains has a few big hotels and its not that far from the training facility or MSG, so it made sense. Since he's made the team, he'll probably get an apartment or house, depending on where he chooses to live.

I wonder if they still put all their bank cards in the bowl and the loser has to cover it. Remember when they were covering the Rangers few years ago and the entire team went to a dinner. Hank and Woywitka had to pay lmao. And i still remember Hags yelling out 'thanks for the dinner losers'.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Here is a Google translate article about Buch and his debut last night. Some neat info in their about his thoughts and such.

Good to see that AV is really high on him.

Zbad and Kreider, of course, have had great things to say about him. I believe ZBad said that it's helpful that they're helping out Buch with his transition. Teaching him the simpler things help remind them about that kind of stuff. And going back to basics is always a great thing to do, no matter what you do.

Can we change this to a player thread instead of prospect?

I agree.

---

Can't wait for Saturday. Tarasenko vs Buchnevich :naughty:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It really wasn't a terrible play. The Isles defenseman deflected his pass to place where an Isles player could skate in stride out of the zone. We didn't back check well enough on that play.

It was but it's all part of the learning curve.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's not a close trip - about one hour each way and then what? Get a lunch in a cafe maybe a little grocery shopping. Still it will be pretty lonely. I'm happier to read about him socializing with his teammates. Good for morale.

It's close if you get an express train. It goes white plains, 125 street, Grand Central. Probabaly 20ish minutes on the train. WP is about as close as you can get to the city without being in the city.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Agreed, it was a bad play but it's part of the process and he played a big part of Kreiders goal to make up for it.

I hardly have any expectations this year and see it as more of a transition year. What i do want to see is guys like Buch/Vesey/Skjei/McI given long leashes and hopefully establish themselves as regulars.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Here is a Google translate article about Buch and his debut last night. Some neat info in their about his thoughts and such.

Washer on the starboard side was diverted through the half pads on the left flank, where Kreider at the entrance to the zone caught her hand, popped one on one with the goalkeeper and beat him in the melee.

It's like I'm having a seizure

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It's close if you get an express train. It goes white plains, 125 street, Grand Central. Probabaly 20ish minutes on the train. WP is about as close as you can get to the city without being in the city.

I was talking about getting from the city to Russian Brooklyn (do we have a poster with this handle)? :nod:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Saw a post practice interview with Hayes on behind the bench after the game yesterday and he was saying that he spent a whole weekend hanging out with Buch to get to know him and showing him around a little bit

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Saw a post practice interview with Hayes on behind the bench after the game yesterday and he was saying that he spent a whole weekend hanging out with Buch to get to know him and showing him around a little bit

Meme Master Hayes trying to get the early scoop on the Russian memes. :laugh:

In all seriousness, this is really nice to see from Hayes.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Did you worry when you didn’t score for three games?
Come on, I am not Sergei Mozyakin, scoring a couple of goals in every game. Do you remember how I started in SKA? 15 games without a goa. I knew that my time would come, didn’t worry too much. It is a matter of understanding the team’s game, and getting used to the opponents. Now I feel much more confident.

I understand that practices take a lot of time, but what do you do in NY when you have done your work and rested?
Phone. What else? Don’t know English well. If I go somewhere, I will feel like an idiot not understanding people. Went to dinner and back to the hotel. Though I won’t say it is boring. Now the games started, so everything is scheduled to the minute.

Is the hotel good?
Better then in Nizhnecamsk or Cherepovets. Remember I went to visit friends in my hometown and thinking wow… But here – huge bed. No complaints.

Do you understand locker room jokes?
Something simple – yes. Team doctor recently suggested that I come to a Halloween party in a Putin mask. He told me I definitely should. I was thinking, do I really need to go at all?

I am sure it’s not mandatory, but if the the whole team goes, why stay at home?
That’s what I think too. I will likely go, but will have to think about the costume.

Speaking of clothing, are you used to wearing a suit and a tie?
In St. Pete we also wore suits all the time. I am still wearing the same suits to the games here.

The end. Thanks Mrs. Bobby Orr's Knees - you are the best.

Great intervjue. Huge thank you to Mrs Bobby Orr's Knees from me too. :handclap:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
For as much AV does not like or even remotely praise mcilrath he gave a lot of love to pavel on today's interview on wfan

I know this isn't Dylans thread, but is there a chance he would see some action now that Girardi is out a while? I kind of rooting for him and hope he will be successful.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I know this isn't Dylans thread, but is there a chance he would see some action now that Girardi is out a while? I kind of rooting for him and hope he will be successful.

It depends on whether or not Klein is ready. If Klein is ready for next game, we probably won't see McI...at least not right away. If Klein needs another night off, then McI gets in the line-up.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Did you worry when you didn’t score for three games?
Come on, I am not Sergei Mozyakin, scoring a couple of goals in every game. Do you remember how I started in SKA? 15 games without a goa. I knew that my time would come, didn’t worry too much. It is a matter of understanding the team’s game, and getting used to the opponents. Now I feel much more confident.

Do you understand locker room jokes?
Something simple – yes. Team doctor recently suggested that I come to a Halloween party in a Putin mask. He told me I definitely should. I was thinking, do I really need to go at all?

I like his humor and attitude but I also feel bad for the guy. Wish we had a Russian to help integrate him better who would help him with his English. Maybe he's just an introvert but still...

TurgePurge*

Just saw that Dave Hodge picked our boy in the tsn fantasy draft. Matthews, Laine, and Nylander were picked earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00