Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Funny, we here as NYR fan base seems to be more zeroed in our "new blood" expectations on Buch while the talking heads at the NHL network give more love to Vesey while Buch is barely mentioned.

Vesey is the Hobey Baker winner. He was the talk of the off-season, refusing to sign with Nashville, then having his rights traded to Buffalo and still decided to become a free agent. The whole Vesey-saga adds to him being a player the media outlets zoom in on.

Buchnevich is a Russian kid, drafted in the 3rd round, who signed with the team which drafted him. Not any different from Kucherov, Kuznetsov etc. It's not like he had a situation like Panarin where every team was in on him

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny, we here as NYR fan base seems to be more zeroed in our "new blood" expectations on Buch while the talking heads at the NHL network give more love to Vesey while Buch is barely mentioned.

NA Hockey Media is zeroed in on the Hobey Baker Winner instead of a Russian kid they've probably not seen play at anything more than international level. Not surprised.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
More likely because of the whole UFA choosing where he goes thing. That raises expectations, fairly or not. Buch is just another prospect

Seanharold

Jun 23, 2011
Suffolk, NY
Actually, Buch was mentioned on the NHL network yesterday. Apparently, they have a small fantasy league between Keith Jones, Martin Biron, Jeff O'Neil and others. So they all did their drafting on the show and one of the rules is to draft a rookie. Auston Matthews was taking first by Keith Jones I think. Dave Hodge (i think his name is) selected Buchnevich :yo: . Apparently, this guy always wins their fantasy league so maybe hes onto something!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks for the responses guys!

Definitely more of a playmaker. Like RGY mentioned above, he is exceptional at distributing the puck to his linemates. Give him time, and he will burn you. He's seen very limited action so far in a Rangers sweater but in that short time made quite an impression. Along with Zuccarello, Buchnevich might have the best vision and pure playmaking abilities on the club.

Is he physical? Not, physical, where he will imopose his will or be an overly aggressive on the forecheck like his linemates. He didn't back down from physical play though. He also wasn't afraid to drive the net and get into the dirty areas.

I like the bolded a lot. A player doesn't have to be physical to be impactful. They need to be okay with getting hit and make sure they push back though.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this kid is 1 day away from realizing his dream to play in the nhl.

this is a best case scenario for him. this team, (unlike 1-2 yrs ago) is ready for some kids to play meaningful minutes. he's in a good spot to get big time top 9 (6 ?) minutes and make an immediate impact on a team desperate for a creative offensive guy.

he's shown he's capable and ready to play at this level as he's not looked out of place at all and in fact, he's fit right in on the ice and within the locker room.

hes a patient, intuitive, thinking mans hockey player all while playing that classic russian off wing scoring winger spot. his shot is sneaky good, hard, accurate and rising. his passing game is sublime and he's shown a willingness to engage in those areas that many on this team still refuse to go.

hes gonna be a treat to watch.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
For as much AV does not like or even remotely praise mcilrath he gave a lot of love to pavel on today's interview on wfan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, he praised both Vesey & Buch, but praised Buch more. AV on Buch: "He's been amazing"

Really can't wait for him to get comfortable and start owning the puck more. You could see it in shifts and bursts here in there through Traverse City and the preseason

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Av Also said that Buch is starting to grasp the language already. Good news for sure

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For as much AV does not like or even remotely praise mcilrath he gave a lot of love to pavel on today's interview on wfan

This is another level of rookie though.

When you have a potential first liner, a player who could very well be the team's best player in a few seasons, you develop him more than you would develop a guy you think might be a second pair defenseman, at best.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Actually, Buch was mentioned on the NHL network yesterday. Apparently, they have a small fantasy league between Keith Jones, Martin Biron, Jeff O'Neil and others. So they all did their drafting on the show and one of the rules is to draft a rookie. Auston Matthews was taking first by Keith Jones I think. Dave Hodge (i think his name is) selected Buchnevich :yo: . Apparently, this guy always wins their fantasy league so maybe hes onto something!

Just referring to what I saw in a "Rookie of the Year" episode where, surprisingly Vesey was mentioned as (the last) #5 candidate.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Just referring to what I saw in a "Rookie of the Year" episode where, surprisingly Vesey was mentioned as (the last) #5 candidate.

They need to justify the absurd amount of reporting done on the Vesey desicion. NHL network is hoping he has a good rookie year so they don't look like idiots for wasting so much network time.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Up and down game for him, but that's expected at his age.

I think he'll be high risk high reward all year, as evidenced by his terrible play on the islanders 2nd goal followed by a uniquely creative play on Kreiders goal.

Oh and for all the AV bashers pining for the days of Torts, Buchnevich would've been stapled to the bench after the 2nd islander goal in a torts regime.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
as with any rookie, buchy will make his share of mistakes. it happens. defensively, he's a work in progress. patience is key, like any young player. he's only 21

hes a refreshing rookie with some flair and dangle who shows flashes of brilliance and most importantly, seems unfazed and unintimidated so far.

i especially like the fact that he doesnt back down from any of the after whistle stuff nor does he seems uncomfortable going into the "dirty areas".

for his first NHL game, he did pretty well.

meanwhile, mr. 8 mil had a nice slash line

0 0 0

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Why are you taking digs at Nash? Its game 1. He played a great game on the defensive side of the puck. He hustled and worked hard as he did during preseason.

Offensively it looks like his line is still trying to find chemistry.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Why are you taking digs at Nash? Its game 1. He played a great game on the defensive side of the puck. He hustled and worked hard as he did during preseason.

Offensively it looks like his line is still trying to find chemistry.

digs ?

just keeping score. i needed to see a statement game from him. i didn't. i saw more of this preseason and the last say ... 100 games.

I've no problem with nash at 4 mil.

at 8 mil, hes gotta do more than be a waterskier

sorry. bar lowered far enough.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
digs ?

just keeping score. i needed to see a statement game from him. i didn't. i saw more of this preseason and the last say ... 100 games.

You needed a statement game in Game 1? WTF?!

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
digs ?

Need to relax.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
You needed a statement game in Game 1? WTF?!

Need to relax.

yes. and not really.

as the highest paid player on the team, and now a guy wearing a letter- ugh !, i dont think its out of the question to hope his name shows up on the scoreboard.....

im gonna start a value quotient for him. something like a running total for goals/dollars and see what that looks like.

last year it looked like this

rick nash

$ 533,333 per goal. lol. :laugh:

oscar lindberg

$46,153 per goal. :handclap:

derek stepan

$ 363,636 per goal

jt miller

$39,727 per goal :handclap::handclap:

chris kreider

$ 123,809 per goal

bar lowered.... again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
yes. and not really.

as the highest paid player on the team, and now a guy wearing a letter- ugh !, i dont think its out of the question to hope his name shows up on the scoreboard.....

im gonna start a value quotient for him. something like a running total for goals/dollars and see what that looks like.

last year it looked like this

rick nash

$ 533,333 per goal. lol. :laugh:

oscar lindberg

$46,153 per goal. :handclap:

derek stepan

$ 363,636 per goal

jt miller

$39,727 per goal :handclap::handclap:

chris kreider

$ 123,809 per goal

bar lowered.... again.

Hey Billy Beane, this isn't baseball.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
digs ?

You're complaining after the 1st game of the season. The full roster hadn't even played 1 preseason game all together. Just relax lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad