Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don't know what the units are but it makes more sense to bump Zucc off the top unit for Buch and replace Miller with Zucc on the 2nd unit.

Kreider - Mika - Buch
McDonagh - Pirri

Vesey - Stepan - Nash
Skjei - Zuccarello

It's tough considering Miller is leading the Rangers in points.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Strike one for AV. I was liking his decision making early in the season. He ruined it, and he's such a ****ing liar. He talked about a player not losing their spot in the lineup because of an injury. What does he call putting Zucc in Buch's spot when he was injured? He wasn't even in his normal spot when he returned, he was in Kreider's spot.

Strike two for AV could include not playing Buch his regular minutes. Its one thing to make him carry his line as a 21 year old rookie, although Pirri and Fast could be much worse, it could be something like Glass and Etem. Its a totally different thing if he goes from 17 or 18 minutes to 10 or 11.

And I'm not one of those advanced stats people, but doesn't Buch lead the league in corsi or something to that extent? With some better puck luck, he could have like 5 or 6 points, but lets not reward how well he's playing, lets reward everyone besides him who's playing well. :help:

Last edited:

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Strike one for AV. I was liking his decision making early in the season. He ruined it, and he's such a ****ing liar. He talked about a player not losing their spot in the lineup because of an injury. What does he call putting Zucc in Buch's spot when he was injured? He wasn't even in his normal spot when he returned, he was in Kreider's spot.

Strike two for AV could include not playing Buch his regular minutes. Its one thing to make him carry his line as a 21 year old rookie, although Pirri and Fast could be much worse, it could be something like Glass and Etem. Its a totally different thing if he goes from 17 or 18 minutes to 10 or 11.

And I'm not one of those advanced stats people, but doesn't Buch lead the league in corsi or something to that extent? With some better puck luck, he could have like 5 or 6 points, but lets not reward how well he's playing, lets reward everyone besides him who's playing well. :help:

Name the player in the top 9 that buch has played better than.

Based on PERFORMANCE this is an easy and right call by AV. When/if Grabner cools down buch will be back in the top 9. He's a rookie and will only get better

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
buch has not impressed me, and it doesnt take a lot to do so.

So....... yea

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Name the player in the top 9 that buch has played better than.

Based on PERFORMANCE this is an easy and right call by AV. When/if Grabner cools down buch will be back in the top 9. He's a rookie and will only get better

I don't look at the game like that. I couldn't care less who has how many points a few games into the season. I know who I want playing where. I'm happy with the play of all our forwards, besides maybe Stepan, and even then I probably realized I was being too harsh on him. You will probably say "X, Y and Z has more points, they are better." I'm not going to even go down that road. I've watched every single game he's played, and he's done an excellent job. He's played well in every single game. He has not earned his way out of the top 9. Also, if you want to go by stats, a rookie with 2 points in 4 games is pretty good.

One of the advanced stats experts like silverfish or anyone that wants to can fact check this, but I believe his all situations corsi percentage is the best in the league at 73% and his 5 on 5 percentage is top 3 or 4 in the league at 64%. I'm not about to run and say he's the best player in the NHL because of his corsi 4 games into the season, but the guy is an absolute offensive machine. Anyone who's watched him play so far should be able to observe that. I don't know why you would take him out of the top 9, unless you want to lose. I read your earlier comment, and it made no sense, so I ignored it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't look at the game like that. I couldn't care less who has how many points a few games into the season. I know who I want playing where. I'm happy with the play of all our forwards, besides maybe Stepan, and even then I probably realized I was being too harsh on him. You will probably say "X, Y and Z has more points, they are better." I'm not going to even go down that road. I've watched every single game he's played, and he's done an excellent job. He's played well in every single game. He has not earned his way out of the top 9. Also, if you want to go by stats, a rookie with 2 points in 4 games is pretty good.

One of the advanced stats experts like silverfish or anyone that wants to can fact check this, but I believe his all situations corsi percentage is the best in the league at 73% and his 5 on 5 percentage is top 3 or 4 in the league at 64%. I'm not about to run and say he's the best player in the NHL because of his corsi 4 games into the season, but the guy is an absolute offensive machine. Anyone who's watched him play so far should be able to observe that. I don't know why you would take him out of the top 9, unless you want to lose. I read your earlier comment, and it made no sense, so I ignored it.

There is no correlation between Buch being in the Top 9 and winning, and him not being in the Top 9 and losing.

I'm sorry, but you can't make statements like that.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009

I'm not denying he's played well and he's arguably been better than Stepan but he's a center and it still doesn't solve your buch puzzle. I think you're too emotionally caught up in this situation to see that buch was just a passenger on the zbad Kreider line giving him great corsi. He hasn't made an impact on games the same way as Vesey, grabner, zucc, Nash, Kreider or Miller. He's been outperformed by those 4. He's been in the right place at the right time to get opportunities but can't bury. If Nash was missing the same opportunities many, maybe even you, would be trashing him. "I know who I want playing where"..your username is pavel buchnevic so I'm not surprised you want him in the top 6 lol. And he'll get there but hes been outperformed. Goals win games (captain obvious)

And you ignored my earlier comment because you have no answer. There is no justifying him replacing any wingers in the top 9 right now sans MAYBE Stepan. And your comment about wanting to lose by taking him out is laughable. He's a rookie who's been good but no where near carrying the play in any line he's played on. Pump the brakes

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
This is the best FWD lineup we can send out there. No issue with where guys are slotted. All the lines are clicking. Was AV gonna bounce down Zucc? Stepan? for Buch? Buch has a ton of talent and will be fine on the fourth line for now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

You need to chill.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
buch has not impressed me, and it doesnt take a lot to do so.

So....... yea

Ive actually been very impressed by Buch. Didnt think he would be this good and bring as much as he does. He drives possesion, goes hard to the net and more importanly stays infront of the net when he gets there. He will start scoring and im 99% confident he will turn into a 50+ point player. I think thats his floor. Ceiling is Kuznetsov level last season and Tarasenko but thats more a dream.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think you're too emotionally caught up in this situation to see that buch was just a passenger on the zbad Kreider line giving him great corsi. your username is pavel buchnevic so I'm not surprised you want him in the top 6 lol.

He can't. He named himself after the player.

I'd appreciate if both of you don't tell me whether I can be objective or not, based on my poster name. Thats non-sensical. I've been watching Ranger games way before he was playing for the Rangers. You are bringing in a cop-out to this discussion as your main argument, so I think that says a lot.

I laid out the case. I think the team will be worse with one of its best forwards on the fourth line. Thats my opinion. Where's your case that isn't based on 4 games worth of points or goals?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I would leave Buch with Kreider and Zibs. Buch has done nothing wrong to get moved off the line, and has shown chemistry with Kreids....hitting him with some nice passes. Kreids is probably the one guy on the team who can most easily communicate with Buch, too.

All in all, with the language barrier and whatnot...we need to continue to build the kid's confidence and ensure he remains comfortable. Keep him with Kreids.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I'd appreciate if both of you don't tell me whether I can be objective or not, based on my poster name. Thats non-sensical. I've been watching Ranger games way before he was playing for the Rangers. You are bringing in a cop-out to this discussion as your main argument, so I think that says a lot.

I laid out the case. I think the team will be worse with one of its best forwards on the fourth line. Thats my opinion. Where's your case that isn't based on 4 games worth of points or goals?

Ok no problem. You just seem emotional and then the name just made it easy my fault. Sorry bro

One of the 'Best" forwards based on what? A small sample size (which you admit is 4 games) of Corsi? I will keep repeating this question until you answer it. Which player does he replace in the top 9?

Goals, Assists, Points are more important than corsi. He hasn't scored on all the chances he's had but I agree he's played well. Think about this. If Michael Grabner was producing at the same rate and play as Buch, would you justify him being in the top 9? There's just too many players playing better. SCORING goals instead of just getting opportunities. That's why Grabner is in the top 9 and Buch isn't

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

You keep saying that Buch deserves to be in top 9 but refusing to say whom he'd be replacing.

How about you look at it from a different perspective and try to find positives in this situation:

1. Buch was moved to 4th line because all Rangers forwards have been great as a group. Depth is a good thing.

2. Buch will have Pirri as a shot-first center who's got an exceptional shot.

3. Buch will have Fast who is a very responsible and defensively aware forward so he will be able to cover for Buch's lapses (if any).

4. Buch will be playing against lesser competition which, again, could help increase his production.

5. As soon as a spot opens up in top 9 I'm sure Buch will be moved there.

Now, take a deep breath and step off the ledge. :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would leave Buch with Kreider and Zibs. Buch has done nothing wrong to get moved off the line, and has shown chemistry with Kreids....hitting him with some nice passes. Kreids is probably the one guy on the team who can most easily communicate with Buch, too.

All in all, with the language barrier and whatnot...we need to continue to build the kid's confidence and ensure he remains comfortable. Keep him with Kreids.

Exactly. Imagine what he's thinking.

He's made clear improvements in his game that are obvious to anyone who's watched him last season and this season. He's not gotten puck luck early this season, and he's moved down to the fourth line.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Exactly. Imagine what he's thinking.

He's made clear improvements in his game that are obvious to anyone who's watched him last season and this season. He's not gotten puck luck early this season, and he's moved down to the fourth line.
yes...

but the rangers arent putting their top scorer from a year ago on the 4th line to accommodate that..you and i both know that.

on a line with Pirri and FAsth he could actually have more offensive leeway. Im actually very interested to see how he plays.

he'll also get first or second PP minutes.

he wont be starving for TOI unless he stinks.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
yes...

but the rangers arent putting their top scorer from a year ago on the 4th line to accommodate that..you and i both know that.

on a line with Pirri and FAsth he could actually have more offensive leeway. Im actually very interested to see how he plays.

Honest question, why do you insist on spelling Fast's name the old way when it's "Fast" on his jersey and everyone else calls him Fast?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ok no problem. You just seem emotional and then the name just made it easy my fault. Sorry bro

One of the 'Best" forwards based on what? A small sample size (which you admit is 4 games) of Corsi? I will keep repeating this question until you answer it. Which player does he replace in the top 9?

Goals, Assists, Points are more important than corsi. He hasn't scored on all the chances he's had but I agree he's played well. Think about this. If Michael Grabner was producing at the same rate and play as Buch, would you justify him being in the top 9? There's just too many players playing better. SCORING goals instead of just getting opportunities. That's why Grabner is in the top 9 and Buch isn't

I don't think goals, assists, corsi, any of that matters more than whether a player is playing well or not. Thats why I said I know who I want where, and its not based on a few games into the season. Thats why Michael Grabner does not get into the top 9 before Buch, if we are judging this on anything besides who's shots went in last game. Buch had a number of opportunities last game. For some reason, Bishop saved his chances, and didn't save Grabner's. Bad luck for Buch, good luck for Grabner, but we should all be able to see that, including the coach, and recognize who goes where. Are you or anyone else really going to tell me you'd expect better output from Grabner than Buch?

Besides my opinion of what I've watched, the corsi argument obviously helps out my argument, so why shouldn't I use it if you are going to use points, goals, etc?

Now, if we are to agree on Buch in the top 9 instead of Grabner, its then about who plays well with who. Buch has played well with Kreider and Zibanejad, including having Kreider help him a lot with the language. Its been well documented how much Kreider has helped him. When has Zucc played well with Kreider? One might actually say Zucc and Zibanejad haven't played well together, given Zibenejad has struggled for the most part since injuries stopped the KZB line.

You keep saying that Buch deserves to be in top 9 but refusing to say whom he'd be replacing.

How about you look at it from a different perspective and try to find positives in this situation:

1. Buch was moved to 4th line because all Rangers forwards have been great as a group. Depth is a good thing.

2. Buch will have Pirri as a shot-first center who's got an exceptional shot.

3. Buch will have Fast who is a very responsible and defensively aware forward so he will be able to cover for Buch's lapses (if any).

4. Buch will be playing against lesser competition which, again, could help increase his production.

5. As soon as a spot opens up in top 9 I'm sure Buch will be moved there.

Now, take a deep breath and step off the ledge. :laugh:

I've already said Grabner goes down to the 4th, then you figure out who fits well on what lines.

1. So the player that gets demoted is the player already having to adjust to a new culture who's gotten the worst puck luck on the team so far this season. Way to kick a player when they are down. I would think a good coach rewards a player who's playing well and its not getting rewarded on the scoresheet.

2 and 3. Kreider and Zibanejad are better players. It could be worse, Glass and others, but he's now tasked with playing with worse players.

4. Only if he still gets his minutes. How many fourth line players play 16 minutes a game?

5. I'm completely calm, but I am criticizing the coach for what I think is a bad decision. Its no different than all the people that criticize AV about McIlrath, Clendening, etc. There's probably even a better case for my argument, given a 21 year old rookie adjusting to a new culture who has shown improvements in his play from one season to the next. Those other arguments are arguing for marginal players.

yes...

I didn't say that.

I said move Grabner down to the 4th.

There's little evidence that Zibanejad and Kreider play well with Zucc. Zibanejad has actually struggled since the KZB line was stopped because of injuries. All the years Kreids and Zucc were on the Rangers, how often did they play together?

AV is forcing Zucc into playing with those two because there's no obvious place for him in the top 6, and because of that, he's demoting the youngest player on his team who's probably been one of the more impressive players on the team, if you are judging on who's playing well instead of who's gotten good or bad puck luck. Real smart decision making.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Honest question, why do you insist on spelling Fast's name the old way when it's "Fast" on his jersey and everyone else calls him Fast?

because from what i understand, he was Fasth, and changed it to americanize it.

i think thats lame.

unless he changed it for a legit reason (like it never was fasth) i'm protesting the bs reason and im calling him by his real name.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i take a stand because i have a difficult to pronounce name...it pisses me off when people ask me if i have a nickname..no, i dont..my name is my name.

just a personal pet peeve of mine.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
i take a stand because i have a difficult to pronounce name...it pisses me off when people ask me if i have a nickname..no, i dont..my name is my name.

just a personal pet peeve of mine.

marlo-the-wire.gif

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
I don't think goals, assists, corsi, any of that matters more than whether a player is playing well or not. Thats why I said I know who I want where, and its not based on a few games into the season. Thats why Michael Grabner does not get into the top 9 before Buch, if we are judging this on anything besides who's shots went in last game. Buch had a number of opportunities last game. For some reason, Bishop saved his chances, and didn't save Grabner's. Bad luck for Buch, good luck for Grabner, but we should all be able to see that, including the coach, and recognize who goes where. Are you or anyone else really going to tell me you'd expect better output from Grabner than Buch?

Besides my opinion of what I've watched, the corsi argument obviously helps out my argument, so why shouldn't I use it if you are going to use points, goals, etc?

Now, if we are to agree on Buch in the top 9 instead of Grabner, its then about who plays well with who. Buch has played well with Kreider and Zibanejad, including having Kreider help him a lot with the language. Its been well documented how much Kreider has helped him. When has Zucc played well with Kreider? One might actually say Zucc and Zibanejad haven't played well together, given Zibenejad has struggled for the most part since injuries stopped the KZB line.

I've already said Grabner goes down to the 4th, then you figure out who fits well on what lines.

1. So the player that gets demoted is the player already having to adjust to a new culture who's gotten the worst puck luck on the team so far this season. Way to kick a player when they are down. I would think a good coach rewards a player who's playing well and its not getting rewarded on the scoresheet.

2 and 3. Kreider and Zibanejad are better players. It could be worse, Glass and others, but he's now tasked with playing with worse players.

4. Only if he still gets his minutes. How many fourth line players play 16 minutes a game?

5. I'm completely calm, but I am criticizing the coach for what I think is a bad decision. Its no different than all the people that criticize AV about McIlrath, Clendening, etc. There's probably even a better case for my argument, given a 21 year old rookie adjusting to a new culture who has shown improvements in his play from one season to the next. Those other arguments are arguing for marginal players.

I didn't say that.

I said move Grabner down to the 4th.

There's little evidence that Zibanejad and Kreider play well with Zucc. Zibanejad has actually struggled since the KZB line was stopped because of injuries. All the years Kreids and Zucc were on the Rangers, how often did they play together?

AV is forcing Zucc into playing with those two because there's no obvious place for him in the top 6, and because of that, he's demoting the youngest player on his team who's probably been one of the more impressive players on the team, if you are judging on who's playing well instead of who's gotten good or bad puck luck. Real smart decision making.
You just need to take a deep breath man. The third line was fantastic last game. You would be insane to not see how they do in some more games together. Buch is a young kid. It's not like he's going on the 4th line with a bunch of goons. We have 4 lines of depth we can run with. He's getting power player time too. You really just need to relax. You are making issues out of nothing.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I think you ride grabner until he comes back to reality. The point is to score goals and win games. You talk about chemistry with buch, Kreider and zbad. How about the chemistry between grabner Miller Hayes? Why break that up when they're playing so well together?

Also this whole culture change/language barrier. It's not the coaches responsibility to make sure his feelings are ok. This is the nhl. He adjusts to the team. The team doesn't change everything to him. If he starts scoring he'll come up in the lineup. This is temporary most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest