Prospect Info: Pavel Buchnevich Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
IR is Injured Reserve. It means he will be out at least 10 games. WTF is wrong with his back?!?!
That's not correct.

Injured Reserve List
In the event that a player is injured and a Club wishes to place him on the Injured Reserve List the Club must follow these procedures:
A club may place a player on the Injured Reserve List if such player is injured, disabled or ill and unable to perform his duties as a hockey player after having passed the Club's initial physical examination in that season.
A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minumum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.
Players on Injured Reserve may attend Club meetings and meals, travel with the Club and participate in practice sessions.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

The IR move is meaningless. It's 7 days retroactive and he's already missed 8. It just opens up a roster spot for Lindberg.
Yup. However, activating Lindberg does raise an issue:

When Buch is eligible to come off IR in 6 days...

What's the corresponding roster move...?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Really liked his game against Carolina. Not that it on some objective level was fantastic with a ton of great plays etc, but he positioned himself really well on the ice. Managed the puck very well when he was around it. Fought hard and just moved well in general. Definitely better than I expected this early in the season from him.

I missed the two games before the Cane game. It's like when you are away a week from your kids and it feels like they have grown a lot when you see them again when it can't be more than a fraction of a millimeter. But both Buch and Vesey were really major contributors for us last night, not just kids looking good but really playing good overall hockey. In short, both are making us a better hockey team .

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Am I crazy or was he fantastic last night? Assist and was a great possession player it seemed. Felt like Zib's possession game skyrocketed with him on his wing. When Kreider comes back that line will absolutely dominate.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Rangers needed a goal so his offensive prowess was recognized. We will need to see what happens when the Rangers are up a goal before we talk about being trusted.

Eh I don't need a player who can do everything well.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well with Zucc skating with Krieder and Zib at pratice...i guess buch was moved to the 4th line? Or is grabner getting moved back down there?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Cool, so Buch will get 8 minutes of ice? I guess Grabner deserves another game at 3rd line but it won't last.

Doubt it. He'll see PP time along with Pirri. Pirri has been getting ~12 minutes a game. I expect the same for Buch.

It's really a non-issue.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Doubt it. He'll see PP time along with Pirri. Pirri has been getting ~12 minutes a game. I expect the same for Buch.

It's really a non-issue.

Is he going to see PP time? Isn't Kreider taking his spot on the PP now?

It might not be an issue for a game or two, but if Buch only plays 10 minutes a game for the whole month it becomes an issue.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

It might not be an issue for a game or two, but if Buch only plays 10 minutes a game for the whole month it becomes an issue.

He was on it last game, and hasn't Miller been in kreider's pp spot anway?

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Cool, so Buch will get 8 minutes of ice? I guess Grabner deserves another game at 3rd line but it won't last.

He doesn't deserve to play over anyone in the top 9 right now so I think it's fair. Like the other guy said he'll get pp time and will wait until grabner slows down or an injury comes up

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Don't know what the units are but it makes more sense to bump Zucc off the top unit for Buch and replace Miller with Zucc on the 2nd unit.

Kreider - Mika - Buch
McDonagh - Pirri

Vesey - Stepan - Nash
Skjei - Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad