Why hasn't he signed yet?!!?!?!?!?

rwNqqt7.gif

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why hasn't he signed yet?!!?!?!?!?

rwNqqt7.gif

Because there is no rush and we have all summer to do it.

I bet that Gorton isn't going to do anything until his meetings with AV et al. Especially since this doesn't have an immediate time constraint. It can be done any time this month, next month, or the month after, without rushing.

I bet he's signed by next weekend.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Not surprised.

SKA was probably like "Here's a deal, we know you want to go to the NHL, but we really want you. Do whatever you want, but we really want you."

I imagine the deal was given to him early, and Buch/agent are taking their time with it/talking with the Rangers.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This is why Gorton should not be sitting around and "waiting" a few weeks.

Should have been landed in Russia yesterday with a contract at his door this morning.

No reason why we should be playing games with our top prospect, sign him and then have all of the meetings with AV he wants about next season.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
This is why Gorton should not be sitting around and "waiting" a few weeks.

Should have been landed in Russia yesterday with a contract at his door this morning.

No reason why we should be playing games with our top prospect, sign him and then have all of the meetings with AV he wants about next season.

AV told Gorton that's not the right thing to do.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Maybe they're considering trading him for a top5 draft pick.

I'm sure they're going over every possibility.

I don't see Buch not being signed immediately as a bad sign. It seems like people here (or even those I've seen elsewhere) think it's the end of the world and that the front office is inept just because he wasn't signed a minute after his contract expired.

:laugh:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
No matter who the coach is or who is traded from our team u sign this kid the second you can...
No excuse to wait.
Our top 2 centers are talking about this kid at break up day. There's a reason why. Don't play it cute just get it done.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The part I don't understand of that tweet is "decision far away." Wouldn't this be an easy decision? Either he wants to come to NA and play in the best league in the world or he wants to stay at home and make as much money as possible right now.

I could understand that signing a contract with NYR or SKA might be far away since both seasons recently ended and he doesn't need to sign any contract for at least another month or two, but shouldn't the decision be made? Is he actually conflicted about this? Does he want to join the Rangers but has concerns? Could that person have just worded the tweet poorly?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'm sure they're going over every possibility.

I don't see Buch not being signed immediately as a bad sign. It seems like people here (or even those I've seen elsewhere) think it's the end of the world and that the front office is inept just because he wasn't signed a minute after his contract expired.

:laugh:

They had a whole week to go over their possibilities. There is NO excuse to keep the kid waiting, especially if he wants to play in the NHL.

With SKA having offered him a contract already, makes it even more stupid the Rangers haven't already.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The part I don't understand of that tweet is "decision far away." Wouldn't this be an easy decision? Either he wants to come to NA and play in the best league in the world or he wants to stay at home and make as much money as possible right now.

I could understand that signing a contract with NYR or SKA might be far away since both seasons recently ended and he doesn't need to sign any contract for at least another month or two, but shouldn't the decision be made? Is he actually conflicted about this? Does he want to join the Rangers but has concerns? Could that person have just worded the tweet poorly?

It could be any of this, honestly. I mean, the kid is over in Russia, and the Rangers usually keep hush-hush about most things until they happen anyway.

Could be anything and we have no clue.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It could be any of this, honestly. I mean, the kid is over in Russia, and the Rangers usually keep hush-hush about most things until they happen anyway.

Could be anything and we have no clue.

Thats the frustrating part. Have many beat reporters do we have? 8? 9? 10? How can none of them figure out whats happening? I really don't think any of us care that much about their suggestions about the roster next season, considering most of us don't believe they really have a good grip on the team. They are no better equipped to speculate on the team than any of us, if they have no extra information that we don't have.

They should be worried about getting the fans important information about the team. They are neglecting their jobs as informants to the public by not updating us on what's happening with Buchnevich.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Thats the frustrating part. Have many beat reporters do we have? 8? 9? 10? How can none of them figure out whats happening? I really don't think any of us care that much about their suggestions about the roster next season, considering most of us don't believe they really have a good grip on the team. They are no better equipped to speculate on the team than any of us, if they have no extra information that we don't have.

They should be worried about getting the fans important information about the team. They are neglecting their jobs as informants to the public by not updating us on what's happening with Buchnevich.

You should look at the way the organization controls information before you start complaining that the messengers don't do their job.

And maybe, just maybe, you should look to top and ask why the General Manager has not said one word to the fans since his team was bounced from the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00